MERGED --> Enough Rope interview discussion here + November it is!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was a pretty good interview. Don't know why 90% of the interview had to be on Bono's crusade, I don't recall them talking about the music once.

Denton really is brilliant though. Love his line that the currency of celebrity is being devalued. I couldn't agree more

Bono's looking like a 60 year old... Very tired looking, that hair looks bad too...

Bono agreed with the devaluing of celebrity and said it should be devalued.

I thought it was interesting to see Bono mimicking Denton's body position throughout the interview, and it was in a very relaxed setting.

Regarding Bono's appearance, you would look pretty tired after being on a year long road trip on tour too, plus visitations to political forums and leaders all over the world....besides he's on vacation.:wink:

Please someone correct me if I am wrong (I haven't watched the interview a second time yet since watching it live) but the very last thing Denton said pricked my ears.

Did he say to Bono, "It's easy to talk"? as in talking about action but eluding to not getting results? It looked like Bono had a furrowed brow when they shook hands straight after it.

I'm not sure as I was pretty tired while watching but there was a moment or 2 when Denton was asking about the results of his work (easy for politicians to sign the cheques than to cash them) and Bono really didn't answer the question.

I have heard in the past Bono's elongated responses to such questions and understand fully his point where red tape is concerned with Politics.

Did anyone else get that feeling while watching it or is it just me and my sleepy self? ;-)

trevster2k said:
Regarding Bono's appearance, you would look pretty tired after being on a year long road trip on tour too, plus visitations to political forums and leaders all over the world....besides he's on vacation.:wink:

And all reports are that he hasn't exactly been spending his nights in Sydney curled up on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a good DVD. :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:

And all reports are that he hasn't exactly been spending his nights in Sydney curled up on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a good DVD. :wink:

That's right...it's a well known fact that ole Bono likes a drink or two when out on the town.....!!!!

After three restarts and one computer crash, I have prevailed!

http: // www. megaupload.com/?d=0SHJJOCQ (remove spaces.

Andrew Denton interviews Bono on Enough Rope. *.mp4, 197MB.

Enjoy!

And as another alternate, here's a SendSpace link for the Denton interview . . .

http://www. sendspace.com/file/9qd2c7

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
time differences :heart:

Oops!!

That's 2pm Sydney (NSW) time, which is 1pm Queensland time. From the top of my head, I know that is 3am UK time but as for anywhere else in the world, without checking, I'm not sure!!!

I've been told by a friend that it's 2pm Sydney time, so hopefully that is right.

I love the part where Bono says "I'm amazed, actually, that people have been so kind to us on the websites..."

It's almost official confirmation that he checks out Interference.

edit: thanks Neutral for the interview...downloading now :up:

no need to say oops :wink:

I was being serious...it'll be 10 pm EST if I'm correct & here in the east coast US we'll know the dates before we go to bed. not that I'm going to oz anytime soon, but I'm happy for you guys that it's coming together after all. :dancing:

angelordevil said:
I love the part where Bono says "I'm amazed, actually, that people have been so kind to us on the websites..."

The websites were quoted pretty heavily in the papers, in particular a couple of GibsonGirl's quotes!

I think he may have just read the quotes off there.

Thank god for torrents...or else i wouldn't see this great interview :)...I'm happy for U2 and for the fans going to see them in November....almost makes me want to go to Sydney!

timothius said:

The websites were quoted pretty heavily in the papers, in particular a couple of GibsonGirl's quotes!

I doubt GG's "oh boy, this place is going to explode in a minute" is what he was referring to.
I liked what he said about how close they feel to their fans, and that we are all part of this "big u2 thing" :cool:

Didn't get to watch last night - taped it instead, but interesting comments...

BTW - I watch Media Watch...maybe it's because I work in media....hmmm....:D

1/2 an hour to press conference then....

Disappointed with the interview really

Denton was given a list of subjects that were taboo before the interview

It was less like an interview and more like a paid political statement for the Bono “No Debt” Party

Bono tried a few things on with accents and the like with his charm offensive

But we didn’t learn anything new about him that we didn’t know before

You could see Denton, while enjoying Bono’s humour wasn’t really buying the “It’s your world change it” idealism.

Denton didn’t ask one hard question really.

timothius said:

perhaps they have staff members and assistants who peruse the boards for reaction, feedback, etc. :shifty:

Bono in Sydney said:

It was less like an interview and more like a paid political statement for the Bono “No Debt” Party

You could see Denton, while enjoying Bono’s humour wasn’t really buying the “It’s your world change it” idealism.

Do you have any idea what subjects were "taboo"???

bono_man2002 said:

I will attempt to trade my Tas and NT and ACT Airfares for one international flight if Santa doesnt bring me one :wink:

:lol: Good luck.

(Sniggers quietly at Bono_man2002's optimism)

Bono in Sydney said:

Made Denton work hard.

Sounds like he made the best of it though - one thing I admire about Denton.

I tell you, it's almost impossible to even get an interview with anyone from U2. I was trying even before the dates were announced and got nothing! :mad:

Media passes are as rare as hen's teeth as well! (However, I don't mind the money paid)

Bono came to Denton to do the interview not the other way around.

Bono likes to do one interview in every country that he goes to. Mainly to sell his idea of “No Debt, More money for Africa” and a few funny voices. But Bono only does it if he sees the questions before hand and has control of the interview at all times.

After the Denton interview, it was Bono’s expectation that there would be a few cuts made in reference to his comments about some of the US senators but We ran the whole thing anyway. Nothing Bono said was too bad but Bono categorically does not want to be seen to be slagging anyone in the world off cause he thinks that will get his work offisde with certain political groups.

Carmelu2fan said:

:sad: I hope so Cerek...I do not mind the postpone but I would be devesated if they dropped Japan and Hawaii all together.... I also hope it will be scheduled for this year.*crosses fingers*

Same for me. I have faith in the band honouring the Japan and Hawaii dates. I have my Japan tickets on my desk, and the more I look at them the more I trust this is going to happen, be it in November or later!

Back
Top Bottom