MERGED-->Edge says "We couldn't top [the Vertigo tour]"+U2 to stop touring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone make it stop! :no:

This is the newest "what song is played before U2 goes on stage?"

Lancemc said:
I heard Larry officially quit the band because when they formed in 1976, Bono said:

"Don't worry Larry, we'll come back to it eventually. We'll stick with Feedback for now, or maybe something cooler, but if the four of us are still together 30 years from now, we'll go back to being The Larry Mullen Band, I promice!"

Well, it's 2006 and they still haven't changed their name to The Larry Mullen Band, so Larry is pissed, and quit.

At least that's what I read on the internet.

Heh, did you miss the shirts they wore for Larry's birthday? I do believe that was Bono living up to his pun.

you know there was a story on dutch news stating this and that U2 were retiering from touring?

my mate from over there told me and i nearly had a fit i was so scared! but when there was nothing on the news page of either interference or u2.com i asumed it wasnt the case

You all know the all quit just before Achtung Baby, and we're replaced with "cooler" clones.

Bono's clone malfunctioned just after the PopMart tour, they did reapir him, mixing his political wires with the musical ones.....

Utoo said:
This is the "Telephone Game." I whisper 'apple' in your ear and tell you to pass it on. By the time it gets to the end of the line, 'apple' has turned into "Edge says U2 will never tour again." And the worst part is that people believe it. :drunk: And the second worst part is that a million threads get started about it. :huh:
Exactly. This is instantly recognizable as the rumour circuit at it's top.

On another forum I wrote to somebody who actually believed they are going to stop that he misinterpreted things and I added "now don't say you are a personal friend of the band and they told you they're going to stop :wink:".
After posting it, I saw that while I had been typing, he had already posted a new message. It read "the brother of a colleague of one of my closest friends is a personal friend of the band and it's true". :lol:

I'm not making that up, it actually happened.

quadcaster said:
you know there was a story on dutch news stating this and that U2 were retiering from touring?
When I read it on the Dutch news, in a second I knew they had been reading the Rolling Stone interview. And let me tell you the Dutch believe things a lot quicker than the Interferencers. Here nearly everyone agrees it's a misinterpretation. However, in The Netherlands the majority of the fans believes it. :|

Oh, how proud I am to live in The Netherlands. :no:

....People are scary.

I just love how many people "love" the band but are more than happy to drag them down in two seconds if it makes for conversation.

Bono kissed a tire and now Adam hates the band and wants Edge to leave! What!?

...Sorry, I should be less amused by all this.

WalkOn21 said:

When I read it on the Dutch news, in a second I knew they had been reading the Rolling Stone interview. And let me tell you the Dutch believe things a lot quicker than the Interferencers. Here nearly everyone agrees it's a misinterpretation. However, in The Netherlands the majority of the fans believes it. :|

Oh, how proud I am to live in The Netherlands. :no:

..I'm Dutch, but I don't believe it... :|

BTW, I am proud being Dutch and living in the Netherlands.. ;)

Who wants to place bets on the next person to come to Interference with this omgshockingnews!? I've got 19 January, 5:42 GMT! :hyper:

mobailey / maureen... if you're reading this, I don't think anybody's intent was to make you feel like a dope! :lol: :hug:

It's just that this kinda thing happens so often in this forum that people get pissed. No big whoop!

GibsonGirl said:
Who wants to place bets on the next person to come to Interference with this omgshockingnews!? I've got 19 January, 5:42 GMT! :hyper:
Well....

The thread "I've heard.." (which is now merged with this thread) is timed 08.01 PM
The thread "Guitarist hints U2 tour may be the last..." is of 10.06 PM, which is a 2.05 difference.

So my bet is on 10.06 + 2.05 = 12.11 PM :hyper:

within_edun said:
....People are scary.

I just love how many people "love" the band but are more than happy to drag them down in two seconds if it makes for conversation.

Who was dragging them down?

I didn't see this thread at first and I started a new thread and posted this article...http://music.monstersandcritics.com...hp/Guitarist_hints_U2_tour_may_be_the_last... and I got jumped on big-time. I thought this was a place to come and 'talk' to other U2 fans and DISCUSS all things U2. Why does everyone always have to cop attitudes? (BTW, I'm not saying this to within_edun...just some people). Lots of people here seem to think they are "better" fans than the rest of us. Most of the time things are OK but some people need to quit it with the smart-assed comments.

maureen

P.S. - Thanks Zootlesque...

but the funny thing is about all this, in no way does the edge even say "we couldnt top the VERTIGO TOUR", or "we are considering quitting touring"

I wish I could stay to see the comments you guys will hurl at me but I gotta go make dinner! Hubby is home (hubby is the one who told me about the damn article in the first place!!).

I suppose I'm overreacting (is that one word?) anyway. I know most of you are just having fun.

Bye for now,
maureen

Back
Top Bottom