MERGED--> dublin 3 on u2.com + Third Dublin show will happen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Third Dublin show will happen?

U2tour.de says they saw in U2.com forum that Irish TV and radio said yesterday evening that on June 27th, a third Dublin date would happen.

dublin 3 on u2.com

Here is what I saw, can't see it on interference anywhere else, but this needs to be shared - - quickly! Its on U2.com

Extra Date For Dublin

U2 will play a third date at Croke Park this summer.

Paul McGuinness has told U2.Com that plans have now been agreed for a third date at Croke Park this June. This follows an agreement with the Gaelic Athletic Association, owners of Croke Park.

The new show will take place on Monday June 27th. The band have already sold out two shows at Croke Park on June 24th and 25th.

"We have resolved the issues with the GAA and are delighted to announce that U2 will play a third show at Croke Park on Monday 27th June," said Paul McGuinness. "The band is very excited to be playing to a quarter of a million people in their home town and we're going to do all we can to ensure that the tickets are distributed fairly.
"Even with the extra 80,000 tickets I know there will be some disappointed fans, such is the demand. We are working on the details of putting the tickets on sale and will announce as soon as we can."

We'll post details about ticket sales on U2.Com as soon as we have them.

Yep, it's true:

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1516

U2 will play a third date at Croke Park this summer.

Paul McGuinness has told U2.Com that plans have now been agreed for a third date at Croke Park this June. This follows an agreement with the Gaelic Athletic Association, owners of Croke Park.

The new show will take place on Monday June 27th. The band have already sold out two shows at Croke Park on June 24th and 25th.

"We have resolved the issues with the GAA and are delighted to announce that U2 will play a third show at Croke Park on Monday 27th June," said Paul McGuinness. "The band is very excited to be playing to a quarter of a million people in their home town and we're going to do all we can to ensure that the tickets are distributed fairly.
"Even with the extra 80,000 tickets I know there will be some disappointed fans, such is the demand. We are working on the details of putting the tickets on sale and will announce as soon as we can."

it will be crazy.
i wonder how many will go on pre-sale?
and will a max per person in the general sale be 2 or 4?
the big problem imo last time was that everyone who got to the agent or ticketmaster bought the allowed 6, hence the quick sellout and the crazy number now for sale at crazy prices.
everyone in ireland knows that ticketmaster is a waste of time for high demand events and the only way is to queue up at the outlets.
also what about the option of selling only to irish residents?
unfair?
the ticketmaster system is uk based and it seems most of the tix on ebay are in the uk. there are so many genuine irish fans with no tickets and not willing to pay 200€+

Hopefully no online sales this time. And hopefully no bus loads of kids working for touts arriving at outlet queues at the last minute and barging ahead!

Yes, where my husband was queueing a gang of liverpudlians arrived and ambushed the queue. I don't think they got tickets though as they were already sold out.

alibee said:
Yes, where my husband was queueing a gang of liverpudlians arrived and ambushed the queue. I don't think they got tickets though as they were already sold out.
yes thanks for the dig on people from liverpool, appreciate it

show me too. they just happened to be from liverpool.
and since when to dunliners dig on scousers?
after all the mythology has you are dubs who could swim.

I wont

I was just hoping the person who accused me of having a dig would come back and realise that I wasn't.

Can't hang around any longer though.

Back
Top Bottom