MERGED--> Camping out. + GA Gear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: GA Gear

Lancemc said:
Ok, here's the deal. Philly II, October 17, will be my first GA experience, and my second U2 concert.

My friend and I are planning on arriving at the Wachovia Center around 9:00 a.m. plus or minus a half hour.

My question, and since this will be my first time lining up I'm not really sure on how everything works, is about what sorts of things we should bring to sustain us that day.

Obviously we need ponchos and such in case of rain, but what about everything else? Can we bring folding chairs? Is there enough room in the line for stuff like that? I'm not sure. Blankets?

And what about food? Should we bring a cooler with sandwiches and stuff to drink?

When would we get a chance to return everything to our car before the show?

Will other people be playing music and stuff? Like, is the atmosphere there good for hanging out all day long?

Any other suggestions on what to pack for the day?

Really, and advice would be so helpful in not letting us screw up out day when the time comes. ;)

-Lance

ok, wachovia center may look close to a populated area on the map...but it's NOT!!! take anything you're gonna need for a 9 hour camp. the must have at that arena is a cooler...or pizza delivery as those are the only 2 ways you're gonna eat that day unless you wanna drive through the slums looking for some scrap of food like we did on elevation the first day. the second day we took a huge cooler w/sandwiches and drinks for the day. i suggest not waiting until the nazis come and tell u to take all your stuff to the car, cuz thats when everyone goes and you could end up losing your spot if people aren't cool. take it from a veteran...at 4-430 take all your stuff to the car. oh, and since it's basically in a field, you're car will be parked there too. there's no real overhang so take an umbrella in case...and yes there is room for tents and blankets and the like!!!

never count on other people for music, if you want it...then bring it....i've been in lines where there were like 5 boom boxes playing at a time and lines where there were none.

and one more thing...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!:up: :dancing::yes:

Last edited:
I think it is so cool that fans share info like this. I won't be in Philly, but I can guarantee if I was I would soooooo appreciate this kind of info. Thanks Melissa!

Thanks for the great info. I'll be prepared to take a large cooler now, a pair of folding chairs, lots of food and drink, music and games to keep us entertained, and the weather precautions like umbrellas, raincoats, blankets, etc.

Oh, and Thanks for the Wachovia specifics, but can I just ask one more thing? Will the parking area be clearly marked out? Like, is is the standard parking for the arena that most people will be using who are camping?

No. Everyone can park in the same place. When you pull up you will see all the cars and just park with them if you can. I hope this rain stops. See you in the line.

Back
Top Bottom