MERGED --> Camera policy for the new tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoCalMusicLover

The Fly
Cameras?

Anybody hear whether U2 has set up any policy with regards to small cameras? Last I heard, San Diego said small cameras were ok, but no professional lense types. I wonder if that will hold true throughout the tour.

Normally small hand held cameras are ok. It was like that last tour.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
What's considered "pro"? If I can take my camera, it will make up for the GA beeping nonsense!

No telephoto lenses ect im guesing

Do they measure it or check your lens or something? I have a digicam, but it's not small (not SLR though).

Camera policy for the new tour

Hey guys. Does anybody know what their camera policy is for this new tour? And if anyone who went to the first show could give their experience that would be great. I have a 500 dollar camera i want to take in with me, but want to make sure i can get it in.

Thanks!

any camera is fine as long as it doesnt have removable lenses.
That was the policy that came from U2 Staff last night.

jayson

The Arena's website states that fans may bring a camera to any concert. You can not bring a professional camera or a camera with a telescopic lens that is over 3 inches long.

Be advised that this policy may just be uniques to the Sports Arena and check before you bring one with the venues web site.

Most venues do not permit cameras although many people, including me, have been able to get them in. I can, however, forsee that the no camera rule will eventually go by the boards since so many people have camera phones. It would be hard to ban cell phones but anything is possible. Even elementary school kids carry them now days.

I'm going to bring mine in the GA line and take pics and ask the security people. If no well, back to the hotel it goes and along comes my disposable for shots of me in the crowd before band starts.

I bought my digital camera in, the people at the door didn't even give it a second look.

Here are some of my bad pictures, as I'm a terrible photographer.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Thank you for the photos Ramblin Rose. These are the best I have seen yet. : )

Trust me, I'm sure in a couple days, when people start arriving back you will have truly awesome pictures. I suck at photography.

I love Bono in the bandana, I think it's because that whole LPOE bit was my favorite of the show. I wish I could have gotten photos of him banging the drum but it was too far from me.

Your seat?

Hey ramblin rose, where were you sitting when you got those pics? Because I have seats as well, and plan on taking my camera.......if I can get shots like that, I'm gonna be ecstatic, lol.

Back
Top Bottom