MERGED --> Best Bootlegs from Each Tour + Best tour bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Best Bootlegs from Each Tour

Hey guys, lets do this:

List your favorite bootlegs from each tour U2 has done.

Here's the data we need:

Tour Name - Date - Location - Boot Name - Sound Quality (board audience, etc.) - brief description of concert (why do you like it)

I'll post mine in a bit.

Please don't post the official releases (Hasta La Vista, etc.)

Thanks,

Dalton, I tried to get a thread on this on the Music on the Internet forum a while back...maybe two months or so. Didn't get all that information you requested, but a good number of people responded. I was hoping to get everyone to upload the shows, but I think there were only one or two shows passed around...:shrug: I'll search back & see if I can find the thread..........

EDIT: Here's the link:
http://forum.interference.com/showt...6&perpage=30&highlight=each tour&pagenumber=1

Last edited:
Dalton,

This might be something that's better setup with several shows listed in front of a fan, then they can click a radio button for their favorite and you'd have stats etc.

Or they could rank them.

I'd be willing to program something like that for fun around the holidays.

Maybe a few of us would discuss which one's have to make the list for each tour, compile that and then do something a bit more extravagant.

dave

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Does anyone know where I could try to see if anyone has a copy of the Montreal (Nov. 26th, 2005) show? No idea where to post such a request.

They usually prefer that you wait two weeks before requesting shows, I think.

Give it some time and someone will have the show, I'm sure.

the second montreal show is up at the joeahorro website (that name then a dot com)

Good quality too

~A.j.~

fandangamoq said:
the second montreal show is up at the joeahorro website (that name then a dot com)

Good quality too

~A.j.~

Yeah, that's cool... I knew about the rule, just have no idea where to find the shows online.

Thanks,

Best tour bootleg

Most of us would agree they would most rather go to see a zootv show more than any other tour show, but what tour would they most like to have a bootleg from, assuming every bootleg would have equal sound quality, and imagine the best possible setlist for each tour.

Personally, having at least one bootleg from every tour, i like the unforgettable fire tour bootleg the most. Your thoughts

i like the look of the lovetown shows - i suppose if i had to pick that would be a must (12/26/89 specifically).
tough call, though. jt tour shows were really passionate affairs (nyc 9/28/87 is my favorite)
and it's always great to hear old stuff like rejoice (malibu club ny 11/23/81?) or i fall down (red rocks!).
and who can argue with zoo tv - if you don't have the show from 8/28/93 in dublin you must find it!
elevation too - i LOVE the toronto 5/25/01 show i have.

Re: Best tour bootleg

00Kevin said:
Most of us would agree they would most rather go to see a zootv show more than any other tour show,

Man, that is a HUGE assumption. Zoo was great, but it wasnt the 2nd coming alot of people here seem to make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom