MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's cool. I wanted lowers. Here's what kills me. They changed the seating chart after the sale. The seating chart TM posted prior to the pre-sale showed the stage at United Center on the right-hand side of the arena. My search came up with two reserved second-row seats in section 102, which was right next to the stage, according to the seating chart at that time. Then I lost the tickets. Well, when I checked back in later that night, the seating chart showed the stage on the left-hand side of the arena, which meant that section 102 was on the opposite end from the stage. I almost dropped $165 for seats that were nowhere near where I thought they would be. I probably still would have bought them, and I'd be breathing easy right now that I wouldn't have to wait in a GA line, but even so. How jacked up is that?

Vanessa, I feel your pain. If you want to look on the bright side, if you can't use your pre-sale code this time, it will be good for another pre-sale later. I've used mine for a venue that isn't in my city, so if they do end up coming to Minneapolis, I won't be able to try the pre-sale for that venue. Also, if you don't end up being able to use your pre-sale code, you can ask for a refund of the membership. I know this is small consolation.

Is it possible that i'll get the "real" email sent to me after the 1st automated one?, or should I send a reply to the automated email they sent me?

Nesskelz17@aol. said:
Is it possible that i'll get the "real" email sent to me after the 1st automated one?, or should I send a reply to the automated email they sent me?

Don't reply to the automated one. It won't get to anyone I don't think. I received my two bogus emails about 24 hours after I initially emailed and received the autoreply. Just wait until 24 hours after you receive your autoreply. I had been on edge all day hoping for a call from TM. Every time my phone rang I hoped it was them. Alas, they never called, but I received my real email responses tonight. Unfortunately, they basically told me to try ticketmaster.com every once in a while, just in case.

Gee thanks.

I wish I knew what to tell you. Mine went down exactly as it should. I don't think it's right that others aren't getting the same treatment.

Got the e-mail, got my GA tickets for Bono's B-day concert in Chicago! Ticketmaster actually called twice to make sure everything was taken care of. This is awesome considering I already had GA tickets from the general sale to the show on may 9th. :)

ImOuttaControl said:
Got the e-mail, got my GA tickets for Bono's B-day concert in Chicago! Ticketmaster actually called twice to make sure everything was taken care of. This is awesome considering I already had GA tickets from the general sale to the show on may 9th. :)

So how did you go about ending up with this email ? Did you email TM or U2.com ? Did you do nothing but try at the presale and get nothing ? There doesn't seem to be a very consistant pattern with those who are receiving emails(and tickets), and those who aren't.

Plenty of people posting these miracle stories are 100% full of crap. Believe me, Ticketmaster is not calling customers to ask if they are satisfied with their experience, and then awarding them the best seats in the house.

Just make a note of the user's screen name, then simply dismiss all their posts as pure horsecrap.

However, I myself called ticketmaster and said that their website crashed my system. They apologized, then overnighted me a roundtrip plane ticket to Dublin where I will be spending a week in one of Bonos guest bedroom's. The accomodations also include continental breakfast with the band members each day I am there.

I then noticed that my departure date was different than what the ticketmaster rep had told me, so I called them back to let them know of their error. They apologized again, overnighted me a new set of airline tickets, and then gave me 6 GA tickets to every show on the US leg of the tour (with plane tickets and hotel accomodations), INCLUDING the third leg which hasn't yet been announced.

I think to myself, what about my job? So I call Ticketmaster one last time and tell them that this is ridiculous... that I have to work for a living and cannot afford to quit and follow U2 around the nation. What do they do? They ask me my salary, put me on hold for 5 minutes, then a different person (says he's the pres. of the company) tells me that they're sending me a check for double my salary, and that I can quit my job.

Ticketmaster is the best. How are the rest of you doing in your ticket quests?

Last edited:
shutdown said:

So how did you go about ending up with this email ? Did you email TM or U2.com ? Did you do nothing but try at the presale and get nothing ? There doesn't seem to be a very consistant pattern with those who are receiving emails(and tickets), and those who aren't.

I believe this has been stated before but I'm pretty sure TM only sent this email to those that actually had secured tickets in the presale, got to the purchase screen where you enter your credit card info, etc. and then lost the tickets and had the presale code rendered invalid. These are really the only ones they could consistently track, since the codes had to be reset. This was my experience anyway. Maybe they'll try and rectify other situations after all of these have been taken care of. And yes TM did call me and offer GA. I'll be hanging out with my horsecrap at Anaheim #1. Peace.

spacefreak said:

However, I myself called ticketmaster and said that their website crashed my system. They apologized, then overnighted me a roundtrip plane ticket to Dublin where I will be spending a week in one of Bonos guest bedroom's. The accomodations also include continental breakfast with the band members each day I am there.

I then noticed that my departure date was different than what the ticketmaster rep had told me, so I called them back to let them know of their error. They apologized again, overnighted me a new set of airline tickets, and then gave me 6 GA tickets to every show on the US leg of the tour (with plane tickets and hotel accomodations), INCLUDING the third leg which hasn't yet been announced.

I think to myself, what about my job? So I call Ticketmaster one last time and tell them that this is ridiculous... that I have to work for a living and cannot afford to quit and follow U2 around the nation. What do they do? They ask me my salary, put me on hold for 5 minutes, then a different person (says he's the pres. of the company) tells me that they're sending me a check for double my salary, and that I can quit my job.

Ticketmaster is the best. How are the rest of you doing in your ticket quests?

LOL!

mtnfox said:

I believe this has been stated before but I'm pretty sure TM only sent this email to those that actually had secured tickets in the presale, got to the purchase screen where you enter your credit card info, etc. and then lost the tickets and had the presale code rendered invalid. These are really the only ones they could consistently track, since the codes had to be reset. This was my experience anyway. Maybe they'll try and rectify other situations after all of these have been taken care of. And yes TM did call me and offer GA. I'll be hanging out with my horsecrap at Anaheim #1. Peace.

Well, I know that there are people in this thread who say they have received the email and then a phone call with tickets that didn't have that problem with the ticket purchasing screen and some are even saying they never attempted to contact anyone to complain. There are people in this thread that were able to buy tickets in the presale that they think weren't the best tickets and complained and they are getting calls as well. Nothing seems consistant.

shutdown said:

Well, I know that there are people in this thread who say they have received the email and then a phone call with tickets that didn't have that problem with the ticket purchasing screen and some are even saying they never attempted to contact anyone to complain. There are people in this thread that were able to buy tickets in the presale that they think weren't the best tickets and complained and they are getting calls as well. Nothing seems consistant.
[/QUOTE

You're right, that's not consistent. The majority of people I've talked to who got the email had an experience like mine, but I don't know what TM's (or U2.com's) criteria is. I never emailed anybody, however when my problem occurred I called TM immediately to see whether my order went through. The girl said, "No, you do not have an order and you must contact U2.com for another code" (which I didn't, since it was too late anyway). That was the end of my communication with TM or U2.com until I got the email on Sunday. This is a truthful and "just the facts" explanation of what happened to me. Anyway, I truly wish all fans here luck and fair compensation for your situations. Peace.

Sicy said:

I am seriously pissed off. I have been a fan for 18 years and this is what I get. They should let us trade :mad:

Same here, all I could get day after pre sale (still not on sale to general public!) were seated tickets right at the back of twickenham! Think I may sell them on ebay just so I can rebuy GA tickets! hmmm :hmm:

Just seen Sicy's other post about being sold GA's now! I won't be able to do that even if I was offered cos the first lot of tickets maxed my CC out so got no room to buy more! lol

Ok, I also just got a call from Ticketmaster offering me GAs after I sent the e-mail. So it is DEFINETLY legit.

Unfortunately, there are no GAs left for Madison Square Garden so I had to decline their offer since I am traveling to NYC... However, they have GAs left for Continental Airlines Arena so keep up the hope.

I guess it will just be Philly on their first leg... I can hopefully make it to NYC in the third one.

U2@NYC said:
Ok, I also just got a call from Ticketmaster offering me GAs after I sent the e-mail. So it is DEFINETLY legit.

Unfortunately, there are no GAs left for Madison Square Garden so I had to decline their offer since I am traveling to NYC... However, they have GAs left for Continental Airlines Arena so keep up the hope.

I guess it will just be Philly on their first leg... I can hopefully make it to NYC in the third one.

So you received this call after emailing Ticketmaster through their customer service email or did you get the email from them and respond to it ?

The customer service email form does not seem to be working. You need to email an agent at Ticketmaster directly apparently for them to call you back.

U2@NYC said:

You do know that Continental Arena is very very close to NYC right? (Like 15-30 minutes away). Is it that you couldn't get their the week before the NY show?

Either way, I hope you feel a certain amount of satisfaction. They did try to do right by you. Even with Prop (given the demand for the NY show and that you don't live in NY right now) there was a good chance you wouldn't haven't gotten MSG your first show.

fyi: since I've posted here, just giving an update.

I've sent two emails to TM on the presale after seeing this thread AND also a direct email to a rep, have heard nothing yet.

ramblin rose said:

You do know that Continental Arena is very very close to NYC right? (Like 15-30 minutes away). Is it that you couldn't get their the week before the NY show?

Either way, I hope you feel a certain amount of satisfaction. They did try to do right by you. Even with Prop (given the demand for the NY show and that you don't live in NY right now) there was a good chance you wouldn't haven't gotten MSG your first show.

I do... the issue is that I do not live in NYC anymore and, unfortunately, the Continental Arena shows are during the week and I cannot travel for that (I work and it is tough taking days off). That is why I wanted MSG, since the show is on a Saturday. Regardless I was able to get some relatively decent seats for the first Philly show in the general sale, so I will travel for that one. Now I am hoping that I can still use this code for something in the third leg.

I also think that they are trying to somehow get it right... I just feel that since these companies do this for a living (Fanfire, Ticketmaster, Principle Management), they should have figured out a smoother way of running things. In terms of process, this was one of the worst pre-sales I have ever seen.

U2@NYC said:

I do... the issue is that I do not live in NYC anymore and, unfortunately, the Continental Arena shows are during the week and I cannot travel for that (I work and it is tough taking days off). That is why I wanted MSG, since the show is on a Saturday. Regardless I was able to get some relatively decent seats for the first Philly show in the general sale, so I will travel for that one. Now I am hoping that I can still use this code for something in the third leg.

I also think that they are trying to somehow get it right... I just feel that since these companies do this for a living (Fanfire, Ticketmaster, Principle Management), they should have figured out a smoother way of running things. In terms of process, this was one of the worst pre-sales I have ever seen.

I understand your problem. Unfortunately I had some meetings scheduled and other work related issues which would not allow me to take the week of the NJ shows off either. Since I also got shut out of NY, I'm spending the week in Boston. I might even splurge and spend the week at the Four Seasons.

Back
Top Bottom