MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:

It certainly wont hurt to try. I didnt think I had a chance but tried anyway and I am now sitting here with my mouth wide open and very happy

Well I'll try...can I have the email? I am not sure what I should say in the email! Arghh....

I know when I was trying to buy tickets, I was getting so many errors and when I finally ended up getting tickets I wasn't going to throw them back because I was afraid they would be gone and I would have been sh*t out of luck...Oh god...I'm going to try later since they said to do it by Feb 2nd right?

Sicy, did you fill in the little form for customer service on their website, or did you send them an e-mail (is yes, what was the e-mail address)?

Sicy said:
Holy crap it worked!!!! Kelly and cmb I owe you guys a big thank you. I emailed ticketmaster to complain about the presale and the fact that I couldnt get through for an hour and a half and then ended up with bad seats.. they just called me and sold me 2 GA's to San Jose 4/9 :shocked: :faint:

Now I just need to find a home for my 2 reserved seats!

Yay Sicy!!! :up:

I still haven't heard from anyone at Ticketmaster...

Really feel like in being left on the sidelines...

Is there a phone number that I can call?

And guys, do not get me wrong but... someone needs to post the e-mail / phone number where we can contact this GA person...

I have e-mailed Ticketmaster at their general customer service address, called their DC office, called their Maryland office, called their NY office, called Principle Management and no one seems to know anything about these e-mails being sent to U2.com members.

Most of you know me rather well and know that I am very happy for all the Interferencers that are getting GAs after being left out, but I also feel that, as a regular paying member of U2.com who was not able to get anything in the pre-sale, I deserve to have my shot at fan tickets, like everyone else...

This process is the most frustrating ever... I cannot believe how people can run a relatively successful business this way.

AAArrrrrgGGHH!!

I just got home from work and read all of this business about ticketmaster e-mailing those who couldn't get tickets. I didn't get the e-mail!!! I tried too many times to count to use my presale code during the presale. Nothing. Then I waited on line for tickets at the venue for the general sale. Nothing.

What do I do?? I got no e-mail from ticketmaster and they want their reply e-mail by tomorrow apparently.

Please, someone give me the most effective suggestion. Please. Help, Please!

I just spoke to Ticketmaster via the Los Angeles number and they said that some emails had gone out but if you didn't receive them it could be because your "spam blocker" is on and it may have gone to your Bulk mail folder or just directly into your trash (as mine probably did with my Yahoo account). So turn off your Spam blocker if you have one.

They said if you don't receive one in the next two hours you should call again and have them resend it.

I emailed them last nite. Haven't heard squat!...:(

I even emailed u2.com too. nada..

I am so happy for ya all who did get that phone call!

In the same boat as you u2@nyc. So, you are not alone.

U2@NYC said:
And guys, do not get me wrong but... someone needs to post the e-mail / phone number where we can contact this GA person...

I have e-mailed Ticketmaster at their general customer service address, called their DC office, called their Maryland office, called their NY office, called Principle Management and no one seems to know anything about these e-mails being sent to U2.com members.

Most of you know me rather well and know that I am very happy for all the Interferencers that are getting GAs after being left out, but I also feel that, as a regular paying member of U2.com who was not able to get anything in the pre-sale, I deserve to have my shot at fan tickets, like everyone else...

This process is the most frustrating ever... I cannot believe how people can run a relatively successful business this way.

I responded and...

I responded and within two hours.. just 5 minute ago.. I got a call from Ticketmaster. I just got two GA"s for CHicago! :) I am SO HAPPY! I really thought it was a scam, too! Apparently not. It is even already posted to my ticketmaster account.

holy crap..
my faith in u2.com has been revived..

I got 2 nosebleeds for me and my mom general sale to opening night in SD.. sunday i got 1 single nosebleed for anaheim..

Well, i got the e-mail last night and responded. But i was worried, i was gonna be in class today, so i gave them my mom's number and told them she had permission to do it for me. I wasn't expecting CRAP.. let alone better than the nosebleeds i already had..

So i get out of class for break, and i call my mom.

She was in WALMART of all places, with 1 bar on her phone, ready to die. She only got the call because she was near the wall and the call came through.. so she is shouting her credit card number in the middle of the store! haha.. omg, she is telling me all this.. and she said the guy gave her 2 GA's for OPENING NIGHT!!!!!! WTF?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So. :) I'm happy now! Everybody keep trying, call them, tell them your situation, see what they can do for you. I swear, i just got the call like when i was in french class at noon or so. He gave us 2 floor tix for opening freakin night! GAH!

So now, my mom and dad are taking the seats so they can both go.. and i'm going to be in the GA line (hope that situation is fixed this time for SD) and either my bro is going with me, or if nobody in my family can take it i'm considering sending one off to someone who needs it on here for face value. Either way, please don't ask for it, because i need to make sure my family members can't go, and if they can't, i'd let all of you know then, k?

Congrats to everyone getting tix now, and congrats to those who got them in presale, and to those who don't have crap yet, i tell you to keep trying! There is still hope!

*hugs everyone*

thanks so much to everyone who's gone through this mess with me! you guys are the best! See you at the shows!

<3<3<3 michael

Congratulations again to everyone getting their Ga's, this is absolutely fantastic.

Everyone else with a problem should not give up there is still hope and a lot of time before the shows.

It's also good news that there will be a Denver presale for the additional show. Maybe it was too late to do anything with the other shows added, but it's interesting that at least for this show they are allowing another presale (the same as the 2nd Croke park show).

Westport said:
I just spoke to Ticketmaster via the Los Angeles number and they said that some emails had gone out but if you didn't receive them it could be because your "spam blocker" is on and it may have gone to your Bulk mail folder or just directly into your trash (as mine probably did with my Yahoo account). So turn off your Spam blocker if you have one.

They said if you don't receive one in the next two hours you should call again and have them resend it.

How do I turn off my spam blocker???!!!! (I have an account with MSN for e-mail/internet service). I checked my junk/trash account (but nothing from ticketmaster in there).

Re: I responded and...

Wildhorsesbaby said:
I responded and within two hours.. just 5 minute ago.. I got a call from Ticketmaster. I just got two GA"s for CHicago! :) I am SO HAPPY! I really thought it was a scam, too! Apparently not. It is even already posted to my ticketmaster account.

Ok- emailed last night and today and have heard nothing and received nothing! Who should I call??

Don't leave me out U2!!

I'm in the same boat...absolutely nothing. :( No tickets (presale or general sale), no email and no phone call. Hell, I didn't even get the freakin' key chain yet! WTF??

atikicat said:
Hell, I didn't even get the freakin' key chain yet! WTF??

You can have mine.

Speaking of the cards- What is up with the signature line on the back? Is it a key chain? A credit card? A fan club Card? A coaster? it can't make up its freakin' mind!!!

lo-fidelity said:

That makes sense....thanks for clarifying. I feel a bit better. If I don't hear from them soon I will call them (again) and see what I can find out.

jeffrey k.

lo-fidelity did you ever have any luck?

Sicy said:
I didnt get my keychain either.
If mine ever shows up...I'll trade it for one of your GA tix! It's worth $40, so I guess I'll have to give you ten bucks to make up the cost difference.:wink:

atikicat said:
If mine ever shows up...I'll trade it for one of your GA tix! It's worth $40, so I guess I'll have to give you ten bucks to make up the cost difference.:wink:

:lol:

I was on the phone with fan fire a couple weeks ago trying to find my order number and they couldn't find my memembership even though I have complete acess to U2.com and everything and got a presale code. I'm still not sure if the fan fire mess every really got straightened out. I haven't received my keychain/card yet and was told that they are in the process of printing them and haven't sent them out yet.

They ran out of their original supply and had to print more. For some reason I never got charged for my membership. It did come up as pending on my bank statement and then disappeared and never did post and this was the first week of December so I'm not going to complain too much.

I'm glad that U2/TM are attempting to make things right with some fans, but I would hope that those of us that got completely hosed in both the presale and general sale would be at the top of their email/call list. Apparently this isn't the case. So is it the case of the squeaky wheel? And why all the secrecy about who to squeak to? I emailed TM last night using the customer service form on their site. What else should I do?

Back
Top Bottom