MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

Oh My! This whole mess has been reason enough to START smoking!

13 days and still going strong. If this doesn't break me nothing will!! If I can just make it through the MSG sales tomorrow...

:crazy:

Did everyone who got this email also get shutout in the general sale? I didn't get anything in the presale, sent out a few emails, but did buy 1 ticket in the general sale (not for the venue I wanted, nor for the seats I wanted). Haven't recieved this email yet but hope I will....

ok i'm going to try and get some sleep for the sales tomorrow.

and dreams of "dear valued customer" emails danced in her head!

:dance:

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

I had managed to get tickets in the general sale for two different dates in Chicago before being contacted my ticketmaster to get tickets in GA. They let me go ahead and cancel the one set of tickets. I didn't see about the other set since I might use those instead or sell them to my mechanic who asked me about letting him know about U2 tickets a while ago. If he doesn't buy them I'll offer them on interference and Zootopia. They aren't too bad of seats.

Attention: Lo - Fidelity/ Jeffery K.
The opening day of the presale I got an error message when I hit the submit button when tickets came up for me and couldn't get my tickets back and my password wouldn't work anymore. I called ticketmaster right away and they told me to contact U2.com to get a new password which I knew wasn't going to happen and ticketmaster as such. I went ahead and emailed U2.com politely telling them what happened and was told to follow ticketmasters instructions. I then called ticketmaster back and told them what the person from my previous call and what U2.com had said. They called back later that night and reset my password. I didn't bother them again after that. I didn't buy any presale tickets because they were crappy seats. The email from ticketmaster said, "first come, first serve."

I hope that helps you out and good luck to you.

Someone posted on atu2.com that they just called U2.com, and they said that only the people whose code didn't work were getting the e-mail. Not everyone who tried and couldn't get tickets. This would be unfortunate for us who didn't specifically have a code problem (but had other problems, or just couldn't get in), but it would be logical that they're not going to contact every single unsatisfied U2.com member.

At least some people are getting tix, so that's great. I don't think it would be realistic to expect everyone to end up happy in the end, but at least they're trying to do what they can.

just for reference, I explained I used to work for Ticketmaster when I got my call back and the lady kind of suggested that I not use the same CC that I bought general onsale tickets on. She said she would have to notate my account if I used the same CC. So apparently they are looking for folks using the same cards too much. Interesting?

MrBrau1 said:

Here are #'s for TM outlets in the Virginia, where call center volumes are bound to be lower than the NY/NJ/CT numbers:

Virginia-

Blacksburg 540-951-8427
Lynchburg 434-846-8100
Williamsburg 757-872-8100
Richmond 804-262-8100
Roanoke 540-343-8100
Virginia Beach 757-671-8100
Northern VA 800-527-6384

i called the last one and it said they open 10 AM, Tix go on sale at 9 AM... That doesn't help! Or do they open 9 AM tomorrow? i wonder if the other call centers are the same?

damn, congragulations everyone!!! this is some great news, seems like u2 came through after all.

Now I'm so glad I used my second access code on tickets I didn't want :mad:

gorman said:
They called me at 8:30PM central time (about 20 minutes ago).

The tickets are for May 7th in Chicago :)

Congrats Gorman! You deserve them after everything you've done for us Interferencers! (i.e. posting up all those live links!!!)

I am glad this is working out for some of you. This definetly eases the pressure I feel about the Vancouver presale now that your codes are being used up. If I don't get what I want, I won't use the code. I'll contact Ticketmaster once the presale is sold out and over and see if I can get what I want then.

I was just about to send my email to ticketmaster.ca when I chose to read the faqs instead. I starred off the really good part:

What is an Internet Presale?

Occasionally, some events will be available to purchase over the Internet in advance of the general public onsale. These presales frequently require a password that may be distributed by the venue, artist, team, or promoter of either the event or the presale, or distributed by Ticketmaster. Often, these passwords are distributed to exclusive members of clubs or certain other types of groups and cannot be offered to members of the public. Links may be published on the Event Information page at the time of presale. Ticketmaster charge-by-phone and Customer Service representatives usually cannot give out passwords. If an event is scheduled for presale and we are authorized to publish so in advance, the event page may list an "Internet Presale" date in the ticket onsale information. When entering your presale password, please ensure you are entering it in the appropriate box: A presale password is not the same as your My Account password.

Internet presales are usually sold from an allotment of seats, which may not reflect the same availability during the public onsale. Internet presales provide the advantage of exclusive purchasing windows in advance of the public onsale, which often results in less people competing for the pool of available seats.

*****this is the really good part*****

However, Internet presales may also have limited seating available in various areas - these presales are intended as advance purchasing windows and do not necessarily provide access to better seating. In fact, it is possible that you may be able to obtain tickets for better seats at the general public onsale than those that you purchase through a presale.

*****end of really interesting part*****

We must remind you that Ticketmaster does not offer refunds or exchanges, so you will not be able to replace the tickets you obtain at a presale with other tickets that subsequently become available.

:shrug:

The Vancouver tickets are still not on sale and there is no pre-sale in sight :sigh:

Why oh why didn't I get this e-mail?! I assumed that if they were going to fix it, they'd fix it for everybody, since so many people complained. I just e-mailed ticketmaster customer service. Please cross your fingers for me everyone!!

I agree... this is VERY unfair. I am happy for the people that are getting tickets but it is ridiculous that they are not treating every fan that could not buy tickets through the pre-sale the same way... it is totally ridiculous.

Stupid Ticketmaster and U2.com :mad: They cannot even do one thing right.

Everyone who could not buy tickets during the pre-sale deserves to get this e-mail... and, since I did not get it, and it is first-come, first-served, I guess I am officially screwed.

That is not my point, Mr. Brau... my point is that they needed to make the offer to buy seats to everyone and not just a selected group of people... after all, we are all members of U2.com and we all paid the same (and I am not even arguing that since I was a Prop member, I deserved some kind of priority).

Right after the presale I emailed both u2.com and ticketmaster along with faxing principle. I called ticketmaster and am on hold.....trying to push this process along.

Ticketmaster is taking responsibility for the fact that they disabled the presale code. They are contacting those people only.

Ticket availability had nothing to do with them.

Well once again I left my name and phone number but thats it. I think half the time they dont even have a pen and paper while pretending to write it down!

I think it is great that people who had password problems are getting another chance at tickets. I think that is the first ethical thing I have ever seen Ticketmaster do :)

It has already been said here I think, but people who simply couldn't get presale tickets due to non-password related issues (supply vs demand) or who didn't email Ticketmaster promptly, probably won't get tickets.

My question is that I did have a password problem for New York, did email Ticketmaster promptly, and here is what happened:

response #1 (I believe either the day of the NY presale or the day after):

Dear U2.com Subscriber,

Response to U2's Fan Club pre-sale has been phenomenal. If you were
unable to complete your fan club pre-sale ticket purchase transaction,
your access code has already been re-activated.

Please try logging on to the pre-sale again before it ends and using
the
access code that was previously provided to you.

We hope you enjoy the show.

Thank you,
Ticketmaster.com

my response to that:

Thank you for the response... the thing is that all the tickets
for the
show i want to go to (New York) are now sold out. Is there anything
that can be done? All I want is 2 floor tickets, and not for free, I
want to pay for them... I just want them :)

Please let me know, thanks,

James

response # 2 from ticketmaster - just this morning:

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting us regarding U2 concert scheduled in Madison
Square Garden, in New York, NY. Currently, there are no seats remaining
for this event, however, from time to time, a limited number of seats
may be released back into the system for various reasons. We recommend
that you check the site often, particularly as the event date nears, to
see if extra tickets become available. We apologize for the
inconvenience.

If you have any further questions, please reply and include all
previous correspondence.

Sincerely,
Kevin (Customer Support)

I have responded to this and we will see what happens... maybe New York is just sold out and there is nothing they can do at this point?

I am still very happy for the people who got tickets. I have a feeling that we are going to hear stories of people 'getting screwed' for the next 6 months, people have to realize that there are just not enough tickets to go around for everyone... yes scalpers are getting them which isn't right... but even if there were no scalpers I still think that demand would much exceed supply.

Back
Top Bottom