MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grindstone said:
fyi: since I've posted here, just giving an update.

I've sent two emails to TM on the presale after seeing this thread AND also a direct email to a rep, have heard nothing yet.

Me, too, Grindstone, *and* I've also called three different Ticketmaster lines!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

very nasty. i was sent through to so many different people. everyone kept passing the buck. 2 supervisors were supposed to call me before the end of yesterday but never did. i emailed everyone. nothing. and i was nice as pie to everyone i spoke to- i didn't get nasty. although they sure did. probably because they don't have the information they need either!

the only reason i didn't start smoking again this weekend is because i managed to get single tickets in the general sale. but all i really want are two tickets together to NJ/NY/Philly or Boston. Ugh. That shouldn't be so tough...

:sad:

I know I'm late to the party -- but I never complained to Ticketmaster yet they emailed me just the same.

Don't know if any more emails are going out -- as I recall if you don't get sorted by today that's it... :(

i WONDER though...U2.com said they are still taking back tickets from scalpers and trying to give them to subscribers..maybe ther will be another email blast after they get some more tickets!?

nathan1977 said:
I know I'm late to the party -- but I never complained to Ticketmaster yet they emailed me just the same.

Don't know if any more emails are going out -- as I recall if you don't get sorted by today that's it... :(
Why did they email you? Did your password not work? Did you lose tix do to TM's server crashing/timing out during your transaction? Or were you simply not lucky enough to pull up any GAs during the presale, so you either purchased crap seats or nothing at all? I understand people getting compensated for the first two problems, but almost everyone was a victim of the last two. U2 simply didn't set aside an adequate number of GA and other choice tix for the presale, and so a very small number of people actually got the tix they wanted. So why are some being compensated for this issue, like Sicy, and not others?

I was going for Chicago. I'm a Wisconsin resident living/working in Florida until the end of April.

I got the letter and now have to GA for 5/9 Chicago.
I had these GA's in the presale when i got the 'there was an error processing you request' message at the last stage.
Ticketmaster must have had an audit log of who this happened to and primarily that is who they were emailing and calling I think.

So nobody who got screwed in the NYC/NJ/Philly or Boston presales have been contacted- is that correct?

Can we hold out any hope that they are working east coast to west!?

Maybe the more we report scalpers to U2.com, the more tickets will be available! Lets all help!

partygirl33 said:
So nobody who got screwed in the NYC/NJ/Philly or Boston presales have been contacted- is that correct?

Can we hold out any hope that they are working east coast to west!?

Maybe the more we report scalpers to U2.com, the more tickets will be available! Lets all help!

Didn't U2@NYC say he got the call yesterday, but turned down NJ GA's because he couldn't make it for those days?

mellow moog said:
I got the letter and now have to GA for 5/9 Chicago.
I had these GA's in the presale when i got the 'there was an error processing you request' message at the last stage.
Ticketmaster must have had an audit log of who this happened to and primarily that is who they were emailing and calling I think.

it seems like the only people getting help here are ones that actually DID have GA tickets but lost them due to internal errors. TM must have a way of knowing this somehow.. @U2.com reported the same thing yesterday..

b/c I emailed TM several times, emailed a TM rep and U2.com about this.. b/c I got this error too.. but it was during searching for ticket phase.. one minute into the Philly onsale.. I never did see the GA tickets..

and I finally got a generic email back from TM today saying "no tickets are available for this event" so sounds like they are only doing this for people like you who actually DID see GA tickets for a split second..

anyone who got ticket this way have a different experience?

and this isn't the same generic email you get when you email TM, this actually came from a rep. It was a prewritten note, but he basically apologized and said no tickets were left for Philly GA.

ramblin rose said:

Didn't U2@NYC say he got the call yesterday, but turned down NJ GA's because he couldn't make it for those days?

Correct... I was offered GAs for Continental Arena and had to turn them down since I am traveling to see U2 and could only make it on the weekend (I am going to Philly on May 14th). There were no further MSG GAs left... (as a matter of fact, I do not know whether there were any available).

Back
Top Bottom