MERGED --> ALL VERTIGO Stage Discussion HERE - U2.com etc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2wedge said:

yes. vertiblog is my website and i have a friend inside sending me these pics from the venue.

also have some preshow music listed on the blog now.

and p.s. you're the first person to say 'thanks'. so you're welcome!

Yes thank you very much! Up until you we didn't really have a clear picture of what the stage would look like. Keep up the good work and update us on anything and everything!:wave:

looks very simular to elevation and in my opinion thats not a bad thing, i was thinking they would do more with the lighting but im sure we will see some of those effects when the show is actually on which should be right about now.

not sure, maybe the angle, maybe fans still waiting for the BEEPS .... can you see how the ramp is very low? This appears to be much lower than the elevation heart, almost like the fans are part of the stage ... this will def. be cool

Sicy said:
Too weird.. why does it look like no one is inside the egg.. ?

remember they said something about a 'special entrance'?

I wonder if they'll let people walk into the oval via the stage itself. it'd be pretty cool to be on the same stage as the band.

If I was waiting in line all day and got a wristband that allows me to get back into the oval anytime I want, I would probalby be having a couple of drinks right now.

That would be my guess for where the oval people are.

Yeah, both the stage and the ramp look really low. Which is super cool for people at the front, but not so much for people at the back.

As for not too many people in the ellipse, well it's probably because of this lottery thing. During Elevation the heart would fill up first, and the rest of the floor only later. This time around some people showing up at 8pm will get in the ellipse (and so are not there yet).

Also, because it's opening night they must have many family members, friends and crew who will be in the ellipse, so they might have let in less people than they will for other shows.

The ramp is not that low in terms of height. The differences between the stage from Elevation to Vertigo is not that remarkable including the ramp.

Judging from the cellphone pictures so far it indeed looks like an Elevation Pt. II stage setup, which is by no means a bad idea. Looks like they even kept the 4-part video screen that spotlighted each band member on Elevation intact and unchanged.

I must confess I am a little let down that they didn't mix things up radically, but honestly folks, we're going to a show or four to hear the band's amazing music, (maybe?) hear Larry sing ( :D ), and to soak up that amazing U2 live experience.

I think that the lighting will be a significant upgrade from the last tour and we'll see a few very nifty special effects set pieces throughout the show that will everyone very happy.

Last edited:
Se7en said:

that wasn't a dig at you my man.
quality is fine.
i'm more concerned with what i'm seeing.

nothing but love. :heart:

hey, no problem, it's been a long day...

:)

thanks to everyone who stopped by the blog today, started out with about 6000 visitors, and am now up to over 20k, so it was a solid day. bloggerbot f'd up a couple times, but for the most part, it was all good. I really need to thank my fellow fan (and now friend) Dan for taking the time to send those photos via his cell. We met during the Elevation tour in the alt.music.u2 NG and just ran into one another there again not more than a couple weeks ago. He really stepped up to the plate and we had the coast to coast system working overtime today. Considering that we've never met or spoken in person, the blog turned out to be an overwhelming success today. Hola!

It was a textbook example of two fans who were strangers and were literally thousands of miles apart, worked together to provide the greater U2 community a few pictures from throughout the day. I had a blast.

The Captain @ www.vertiblog.com

with the stage / ramp being so low and Bono not being the tallest man in the world, how will the people in the back section of GA even get to see? Think it's going to be a problem? :ohmy:

BethM said:
with the stage / ramp being so low and Bono not being the tallest man in the world, how will the people in the back section of GA even get to see? Think it's going to be a problem? :ohmy:

Its not as low as those crappy cell pictures made it out to be. Its about equal to if not exactly equal to the Elevation height.

This picture shows the height from crowd to top of Bono on the ramp best so far IMO

sandiego13.jpg

Heh. Took me a second to realize Bono's snazzy new sideburns in that pic are the confetti. I was sitting here wondering if that was a microphone or if he was doing the costume thing again or... confetti's fun. I remember missing out on the Zoo TV tour and being jealous of everyone coming into school the next day with Zoo Dollars. I'm looking forward to adding a couple pieces of confetti to my collection of useless stuff I'll never get rid of. :wink:

Also, thanks to all who posted pictures today! :hug:

Lauren2554 said:
Heh. Took me a second to realize Bono's snazzy new sideburns in that pic are the confetti. I was sitting here wondering if that was a microphone or if he was doing the costume thing again or... confetti's fun. I remember missing out on the Zoo TV tour and being jealous of everyone coming into school the next day with Zoo Dollars. I'm looking forward to adding a couple pieces of confetti to my collection of useless stuff I'll never get rid of. :wink:

Also, thanks to all who posted pictures today! :hug:

hahaha, I was fooled too.. the sideburns, the piece of confetti that looked like hair... and the reflection off the glasses that made them look like Elvis' glasses..

and with bono's respect for Elvis at that... that picture is just kind of surreal, considering all three of those things kind of perfectly came together :ohmy:

Yes, I thought those were sideburns too lol.

I like the design. The picture on U2tour.de and yahoo pics make me think the lighting is spectacular - love those lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling. Looks like strings of pearls.

Last edited:
what the fuck happened to banos hair/// he looks too old:sad:

who ever is their stylist need to be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(look and banos pants and jacket) yuck!!!!!!!!

adam looks cool though!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom