MERGED-->All Ticketmaster discussion, questions, and comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do not give up the fight. Continue faxing today (I will re-fax the ones I sent yesterday to both offices).

Principle Management NY : +1 (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: + (353) 1 6777 276

For Springsteen, people would check daily, hourly for "ticket drops" - I was able to pull GA's for several Northeast shows via this method - It's great to have the tickets confirmed the 1st day of onsale, but I believe "faith will be rewarded" if you continue to check TM through show date - I've never reached show date w/o tickets, so keep trying....Something will drop.....

Re: SECRET:How Ticketmaster.com Works

tangqinghui said:
Get from some friends. :)

--------------------------------------------------
When tickets go on sale, they are not sold in order from best to worst - they actually come out in batches. Batch one will have some really good seats and some really bad seats. Ticket providers do this to create the illusion of a quick sellout and get people to buy the lower quality seats quickly. So it is true that the first people to get in get good seats. But, two-three minutes after the first batch is released, another batch comes up and wham – out come the high quality seats. Meanwhile the quick fingered-guys have to settle for their 200-level seats.

Sorry.

I am a old propaganda fan who got scammed yesterday like everyone else but I had to speak out about this.

This is simply not true. I worked for Ticektmaster and the system is not designed like that.

A more accurate representation is the types of seats that are secured for Ticketmaster during the onsale are limited. The promoter releases more seats to Ticketmaster periodically (even during onsale). It has nothing to do with Ticketmaster.

Yes, they are overwhelmed server wise quite often, but they do not practice what you are suggesting.

Speculation does not equal fact.

Patience is a good word. I hit $120 dollar tickets over and over until I finally hit $50 lower level reserve. Couldn't get GA but I'm not in nose bleeds so I'm content. But I believe Ticketmaster does do what the first message stated. Seems to make sense.

Keep in mind that everyone pulls up tickets in the first couple of minutes and then you have 2 minutes to decide if you want them.

So, at the 5 minute point some tickets are getting recycled that someone decided not to purchase.

I was under the assumption that TM releases all tickets at the same time.
When you pull up tickets you have approx 2 minutes to complete the sale. If you are not quick enough they go back into the available ticket pool. (as the previous poster stated)
So that is why you can pull a crappy seat, throw it back, and then pull a better seat the next time.

TM cancels alot of sales a few hours\days after the release date due to declines\bad billing address\too many tickets\etc. and those tickets get released back into the ticket pool.

As the event gets closer more tickets will become available and many times these are some of the best seats in the house. This is because promotor\event staff\anyone else who gets those free tickets\ect. do not claim all of them and they are sent back into the pool.

I have also seen incredible tickets become available a few days\hours before the event after the stage is set up and the venue finds they can add more seating next to the stage.

DaveC said:
Well I'll be paying US currency anyways, because the show is in the States...

I think I'm going to go with .ca. I took a look around both sites and it appears that there's no option to ship tickets to Canada using .com, while there is with .ca. I'd really like to actually get my tickets so .ca it is, combined with the lighter server load hopefully it will all work to my advantage!! :D

There is an option for Canada, its only USPS!!! farkers!!! I wanted to print mine out directly, but thats for US residents..

I got 2 tickets to Boston.(300 level) :-\

Wanted NYC.

Did anyone else get a second confirmation from Ticketmaster today?

Having run the mill of all the hoop-la and stress yesterday I seem to be inundated with emails from TicketMaster!

Did anyone else get a 2nd confirmation today for the tickets they finally managed to get from Ticketmasters nasty grip yesterday?

Got one yesterday, as normal, and another appeared today headed up 'Dear U2 Fan, We are emailing you to confirm receipt of the order you made on 26th January 2005 for:...'

Like others I had a heck of a time yesterday and by some fluke I finally gained access and got tickets. In the meanwhile I'd fired off a couple of emails to that Gateway addy about my woes.

Yesterday evening around 6pm I was sent a second code and an apology of sorts for the mess. Moral dilema there! Second code. Hum...

Also got a third email today which starts...

'Dear U2.com Subscriber

It has come to our attention that you experienced problems in purchasing tickets via the Ticketmaster website yesterday. As you are probably aware, Ticketmaster experienced an incredibly high demand for tickets for this eagerly awaited tour. As a result, unfortunately, some subscribers were timed out of the website and found that when they attempted to continue with their transaction, their unique six-digit U2 Fan Club security code was no longer valid. For security reasons, this code was designed for one-time use only.

We are pleased to confirm that as from 10:45am today, you will be able to use your unique access code again to purchase tickets for the UK or Belgian U2 shows. Please note that all ticket sales are subject to ticket availability for the date and venue requested'

Anyway, hope those of you still caught up in this fiasco get something and, to put a stop to my rambling (brought on by the constant state of 'nerves' yesterday!), did anyone get second confs of ticket purchase?

I'm still in that 'I won't believe I have tkts until they are in my hand' state :|

Ta

Ticketmaster.ca will only show listings for events that take place in Canada, so ticketmaster.com will be your only online option.

I stand corrected. I just went onto ticketmaster.ca and sure enough it shows all US dates. They've changed it from when I used ticketmaster.ca over a year ago, where it did only show events taking place in Canada.

Only managed to get tix this morning Ebabe, so I have the apology email and the booking confirmation email, received directly after making the booking.

I'm actually hoping the next one I get is the "Your tickets have been dispatched" email. Like you, I want them in my hands before I start flying the flags :wink:

You think you've been rambling? I rambled for Britain last night I think LOL

wow....I love ticketmaster....anyone else does??

Euhm.......hi

I thought it was time to say something nice about ticketmaster and the whole u2 presale thingy...

You should all understand that it is impossible to know what's going to happen when all u2.com members log in at THE SAME time............That the system crashed yesterday isn't ticketmasters's (or any ticketsale company) or u2.com's fault......It's just impossible to handle so many requests at one time.....I understand why all of you HAD to get your tickets at 10:00 am exactly (believe me, I wanted to)....but what do you expect....that at 10:00 am your the only one online???....

Come on, stop being negative about this presale mess, be patient.....I wanted tickets for the Belgium show and I bought the most expensive tickets 10 hours after the presale started.....with no problems at all.....and that was the first time i tryied.....

Everyone knows that things get clogged when thousands of fans are trying at the same time but what everyone is mad about is that it was seemingly almost JUST the scalpers that got all the good seats. Hmmm...how convenient.

dat zijn de handelaren die er een heleboel tegelijk kopen en ze dan gelijk op ebay zetten voor 1000 dollar ofzo (en een hoop mensen hier denken dat ze connecties hebben met ticketmaster of u2com)

Thanx U2holland (doe het ff in het engels) for the explanation....

Ofcourse people are gonna take advantage of the pre-sale mess...and yes, tickets are gonna show up at ebay etc.........but to say that this was arranged this way is just ridiculous....come on!!!!

one of them (k-rider he calls himself) explains in another thread that he in fact doesnt have any conncetion with TM or any other agency..In fact he said that he hasnt got the tix he is offering on ebay yet...he is just assuming he is gonna get them

I've heard of TM employees dealing w/ brokers before...as to why this particular tour is so much worse than previous cases? Well, it IS U2. Propaganda saw this as a way to get fans seats; TM sees it as a way to make $$$. That's mainly why I feel U2 bear some responsibility for this, for turning it over to TM in the first place.:|

arnolds said:
Of course, U2's mgmt might already know about this practice and probably do not care one way or another.

Of course they dont' care, they got the money they were asking for. They don't care if you bought it or if a scalper bought it. As long as they sell out every venue and make the news at the end of the year about having the highest grossing tour EVER, they will be happy!

Sad but True!

Saturday on Ticketmaster

Hey! Could somebody send me an e-mail that explains how to use ticketmaster. I am new to buying stuff online and want to know the fastest and safest way to use ticketmaster.com. Thanks to all who reply.

briggins@gmail.com

Stupid Ticketmaster Question

They list the time for when the general sale starts as 10am.......but 10am in what time zone?!?!?! :huh:

Re: Stupid Ticketmaster Question

ILuvLarryMullen said:
They list the time for when the general sale starts as 10am.......but 10am in what time zone?!?!?! :huh:

as the city its listed for

so if you're on west coast and wanting to buy tix for NYC 10 AM, that would be 7 AM your time

Back
Top Bottom