MERGED-->All speculation/discussion etc about DVD shoot in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vorsprung said:
t-shirts were either 30 or 35 euros in amsterdam as well

ok thanks.

now for the really important question:

how much for beer and burger????

:hmm:

Re: no dvd shoot in Adam

walkonholland said:
There will be no DVD shoot in amsterdam.
I was there today and asked sombody ( crew ) and they said it will be milan

:ohmy: please, PLEASE, tell me you're not joking... my heart might not take it... :ohmy:
omg, that would be fantastic!! and since Italian fans are so loyal to U2 I'd say... IT'S ABOUT TIME WE HAVE OUR OWN U2 LIVE IN SANSIRO!!! :hyper:
yeah it has a very nice ring to it... I like it. yeah, ok, let's do it. :wink:

Re: Re: no dvd shoot in Adam

sraphim said:

:ohmy: please, PLEASE, tell me you're not joking... my heart might not take it... :ohmy:
omg, that would be fantastic!! and since Italian fans are so loyal to U2 I'd say... IT'S ABOUT TIME WE HAVE OUR OWN U2 LIVE IN SANSIRO!!! :hyper:
yeah it has a very nice ring to it... I like it. yeah, ok, let's do it. :wink:
Don't get too excited... U2 LIVE IN AMSTERDAM sounds even better :wink:

U2 is still 3 days in Amsterdam.. Anything can happen...

Neilz said:
but on Amsterdam has the advantage that weather can't screw up the filming

eheh ever been in Milan in July?? rain would be a blessing from the gods since there are like, 40°C? at the moment, and it's gonna get even hotter next week... rain? I'd like that, but I think it simply isn't going to happen.

and btw, yeah, the Italian audience is the best. and I'm not saying it just because I'm Italian... :angel: :wink:

well on Italian tv both Bono and Edge said they would be doing something special for Italy since they have such a special bond with us... so that sort of got my hopes up :wink:
eheh may the best win!! :)

Last edited:
sraphim said:
well on Italian tv both Bono and Edge say they would be doing something special for Italy since they have such a special bond with us... so that sort of got my hopes up :wink:
eheh may the best win!! :)

yeah they have a special bond with a lot of countries...yesterday they came home or so bono said...remember the last dvd title(slane?)

Flaming Friar Sr said:
there were cameras at amsterdam 1

There are cameras at every show, obviously they are needed to shoot the video screen images. The question is were there extra cameras over the normal production. It would have been very evident and from the reports I have read Amsterdam 1 was definately not filmed for official release.

If they were going to film there they would most likely be loading in the extra gear today and shoot the next two nights. I still think the shoot will happen in Milan.

Soulrock2 said:
Why would you film at the Amsterdam Arena if you can film at San Siro?

exactly :D

And then those comments about how good the crowd is in Holland? C'mon, you honestly cannot say that Dutch crowds are better than Italian crowds. Why not? Because it simply ain't the truth.

:angel:

zwervers2 said:

yeah they have a special bond with a lot of countries...yesterday they came home or so bono said...remember the last dvd title(slane?)

yeah so why was Turin the longest show EVER (before Dublin3) played by U2?? :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

There are cameras at every show, obviously they are needed to shoot the video screen images. The question is were there extra cameras over the normal production. It would have been very evident and from the reports I have read Amsterdam 1 was definately not filmed for official release.

If they were going to film there they would most likely be loading in the extra gear today and shoot the next two nights. I still think the shoot will happen in Milan.

I saw a lot of cameras. Hanging from the roof there were camera filming the crowd. on the side there were three or four very big cameras and at the b stage where i was there was also someone filming for a while..I think that if they wanted to make a dvd they could make it with the available cameras (especially if I see the quality of the 3-4 cam amateur fan dvds out there, maybe they should let some fans film it..:wink: )

sraphim said:

that's because you've never been at a U2 show in Italy :D

I just hope they film both and put the one that turns out best on the official dvd (and let the other one come out as a sort of bootleg :wink: )

This is turning into one very nationalistic (is that a word?) thread....

to add to that last night bono said U2 welcome home....nice follow up for a dvd title since U2 go Home...LOL :lol:

sraphim said:

yeah so why Turin was the longest show EVER (before Dublin3) played by U2?? :eyebrow:

You are really into the Italy rules mood arent you....You do still know that in fact they are Irish dont you? :eyebrow:

BTW do i understand correctly that is is SURE that there also will be a dvd from europe or do they only have close ties with america/ Chicago :|

zooholland said:

You are really into the Italy rules mood arent you....You do still know that in fact they are Irish dont you? :eyebrow:

ok, sorry if I sounded a bit too patriotic there... but you don't know how it feels to be an Italian fan. they never give us enough credit, although we've always been so loyal to them... we were really saddened by the fact that they played just ONE show in Italy (elevation tour), and now after four years... you know, I just feel it's about time they give us a proper gift.
sorry everyone.

dont be sorry, i didnt mean it in an offensive way (which it might sound/read a bit if I read my previous message again) ....like I said i hope the best concert gets the dvd .Some part of me hopes it will be milan cause how else am i gonna see that show, the three shows here in amsterdam im gonna see anyhow (doesnt mean that anyone who might have taped it doesnt have to put in up at U2torrent :wink: )

I think U2 in Italy rocks and I hope you''ll have a blast in a few days (arent you getting nervous already!)

:wave:

sraphim said:

yeah so why was Turin the longest show EVER (before Dublin3) played by U2?? :eyebrow:

Because the band decided to only play one show in Italy on the Elevation tour. Whereas most other markets received multiple shows.

zooholland said:

I saw a lot of cameras. Hanging from the roof there were camera filming the crowd. on the side there were three or four very big cameras and at the b stage where i was there was also someone filming for a while..I think that if they wanted to make a dvd they could make it with the available cameras (especially if I see the quality of the 3-4 cam amateur fan dvds out there, maybe they should let some fans film it..:wink: )

They could use footage from any show they have done, every show is filmed. But U2 doesnt work that way. They have ALOT of extra production when they film for official release. They had cameras on the B stage most likely because they were projecting the images up to the video screen. What I have seen described for Amsterdam 1 does not sound like an official DVD shoot at all. In fact, Croke 2 sounds like it had more cameras from the description and that was only filmed for archive purposes. If they were filming for official release, they would have had boom cameras over the crowd, steadicams (which are very intrusive and evident when used) and cameras rolling on dollys on the sides at a minimum.

Blue Room said:

They could use footage from any show they have done, every show is filmed. But U2 doesnt work that way. They have ALOT of extra production when they film for official release. They had cameras on the B stage most likely because they were projecting the images up to the video screen. What I have seen described for Amsterdam 1 does not sound like an official DVD shoot at all. In fact, Croke 2 sounds like it had more cameras from the description and that was only filmed for archive purposes. If they were filming for official release, they would have had boom cameras over the crowd, steadicams (which are very intrusive and evident when used) and cameras rolling on dollys on the sides at a minimum.

with boom cameras you mena the cameras that are on the end of an arm thats soars over the crowd? That was actually the thing that made me very doubtfull if the dvd was to be shot in Amsterdam.
Well your argument sounds solid so i guess no dvd from amsterdam then :(

alright, you forgave me and I forgive you :hug:
now you know why they call it ITALIAN TEMPER thou :wink:

of course I'm nervous, I can't sleep and I've still got a week left!! :hyper: well 6 days, actually... :hmm:

you know, people who have seats on the red ring (section in front of the stage) are working from January to make a BIG writing, like those you see during soccer matches, and it will read: "HI BOB", the idea is that of showing it during Sometimes... it's gonna be great!! I'm so excited about that!! althou I've got GA for both Milan shows, I think it's a big idea, and it will be a total BLAST if that gets on dvd... :ohmy:

just look at the project... it's... COLOSSAL!! :hyper:

1.gif

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

Because the band decided to only play one show in Italy on the Elevation tour. Whereas most other markets received multiple shows.

no, I don't think that's all... they were finished, but then people went on singing for a whole 10 minutes, so they eventually decided to come back out (larry was already in his bathrobe LOL) and play more songs... later, edge said he just coulnd't help it, he had to come out and play eheh :D

Last edited:
sraphim said:

no, I don't think that's all... they were finished, but then people went on singing for a whole 10 minutes, so they eventually decided to come back out (larry was already in his bathrobe LOL) and play more songs... later, edge said he just coulnd't help it, he had to come out and play eheh :D

:laugh: no thats mostly it actually. The only additional song they did that wasnt planned was Out Of Control. Which in actuality also happened at the Arnhem Holland 2nd show also. They added it at the end because the crowd was so into it there as well. :shrug:

Italy will make a great DVD, but Amsterdam would have as well. We will know for sure tomorrow though because it will be evident tomorrow night in Amsterdam whether the show is being filmed for official release. But to say because Italy had ONE of the longer shows U2 has done is the reason Italy is better is weak! :laugh: Oh, and I know you are sort of joking about it. (at least I hope so!)

Back
Top Bottom