MERGED-->All speculation/discussion etc about DVD shoot in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no dvd shoot in Adam

There will be no DVD shoot in amsterdam.
I was there today and asked sombody ( crew ) and they said it will be milan

Re: no dvd shoot in Adam

walkonholland said:
There will be no DVD shoot in amsterdam.
I was there today and asked sombody ( crew ) and they said it will be milan

yes: different sets :rockon:
no: no banner on dvd :sad:

Neilz said:
PS... On the same forum is posted that the first people are already in the GA line... Is this a record?

<-- quickly reschedules his departure time to 4 AM :ohmy: .......that should do it I hope :huh: (will be at the Arena around 5:30 AM)

there are no towers in the GA area like it has been up to now . they are hanging the cams for the vid screens along with the spotlights from the roof, and the black sheets are because some daft dutch architect had the seats painted blue , red, orange wotever and it would simply look daft with the stage in the middle of it, until it gets dark.

= no vid shoot.

Headache said:
there are no towers in the GA area like it has been up to now . they are hanging the cams for the vid screens along with the spotlights from the roof, and the black sheets are because some daft dutch architect had the seats painted blue , red, orange wotever and it would simply look daft with the stage in the middle of it, until it gets dark.

= no vid shoot.
These towers are for PA and lighting reasons! Not for camera reasons! What is your source that these towers are not build? It would be madness!!

No soundcheck from the band members. That means they won't see and "test" the stadium before the actual gig. That means NO shoot tonight. There's no preparation at all. No warning signs in the stadium that your image can be used for a DVD.

Please stop the nonsense about DVD shoot in A'dam. At least for today. :wink:

Soulrock2 said:
No soundcheck from the band members. That means they won't see and "test" the stadium before the actual gig. That means NO shoot tonight. There's no preparation at all. No warning signs in the stadium that your image can be used for a DVD.

Please stop the nonsense about DVD shoot in A'dam. At least for today. :wink:
At the Forty Licks gig if the Stones in the Amsterdam Arena there were no signs either, but still they filmed (filmed by the Academy Awardshow crew!) and released the shows! So that is no reason why they shouldn't film...

Then the first show would néver been used for the DVD! The first (specially because there are 3) would be used as a rehearsal for the filmcrew (angles, moves and direction)...

Neilz said:

These towers are for PA and lighting reasons! Not for camera reasons! What is your source that these towers are not build? It would be madness!!

In Gelsenkirchen there were towers with the extra PA hung at the back and on the same tower there was 2 platforms , 1 for spots and 1 for the cams for the vid screens , on the pic of the GA area there are no towers and Joes home is somewhere else , they are also hanging the platforms from the roof clearly seen on 1 pic. maybe the stage PA has enough WOOOOOMPF.

Headache said:

In Gelsenkirchen there were towers with the extra PA hung at the back and on the same tower there was 2 platforms , 1 for spots and 1 for the cams for the vid screens , on the pic of the GA area there are no towers and Joes home is somewhere else , they are also hanging the platforms from the roof clearly seen on 1 pic. maybe the stage PA has enough WOOOOOMPF.
The PA for the back is haning from the roof :wink:

The spots and camera's are also floating from the roof on small platforms...

25786655_47a7234ff9.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the proof. It seems from ppl that the sound was really crap in some places ie zwerv's .goes to show you just cant get it right in every corner of the arena, same as schalke.
At least they are trying something new to get it right , by Vertigo leg 7 in Uzbekistan they should have it all worked out.

Headache said:
thanks for the proof. It seems from ppl that the sound was really crap in some places ie zwerv's .goes to show you just cant get it right in every corner of the arena, same as schalke.
At least they are trying something new to get it right , by Vertigo leg 7 in Uzbekistan they should have it all worked out.

If U2 ever go to Uzbekistan, you can guarantee I'll be in the front row.

Axver said:

If U2 ever go to Uzbekistan, you can guarantee I'll be in the front row.

:lmao:

man did I have a great time last night....:rockon:

very impressed with the band except for MD, One, the first Vertigo and the aboy->yahweh thing it is perfect..

Zwervers2... You were in section 119 yesterday right? What was the view like? I'm sitting there on Saturday...

Neilz said:
Zwervers2... You were in section 119 yesterday right? What was the view like? I'm sitting there on Saturday...

VERy very good and the sound is pretty good to compared to the fiasco some of my mates had to get through(a shame if you'll ask me) I HATE that stadium..the only thing that is good about it esp in 119 is that the crowd is HOT!!!!!!!!! it is by far the loudest concert fanwise I have ever attended. It has for a big part to do with the crowd itself but also with the accoustic...That was a very cool thing..the sound in the back is a disaster feedback all over the place

zwervers2 said:

VERy very good and the sound is pretty good to compared to the fiasco some of my mates had to get through(a shame if you'll ask me) I HATE that stadium..the only thing that is good about it esp in 119 is that the crowd is HOT!!!!!!!!! it is by far the loudest concert fanwise I have ever attended. It has for a big part to do with the crowd itself but also with the accoustic...That was a very cool thing..the sound in the back is a disaster feedback all over the place

the view for 119 is very cool, you see the crowd expode from time to time which absolutely rocks...

zwervers2 said:

But how is the view? Close to the band/b-stage? Do you get to see a large portion of the screen?

Neilz said:

But how is the view? Close to the band/b-stage? Do you get to see a large portion of the screen?

is was row 11 seat 110...I saw 3/4 of the screen and the screen on the far right as well and the big screens on the left an right

if you have 108 or higher you have a better view than let's say 56

zwervers2 said:

is was row 11 seat 110...I saw 3/4 of the screen and the screen on the far right as well and the big screens on the left an right

if you have 108 or higher you have a better view than let's say 56
I believe i'm in seat 80 something and row 5... So I will see about half of the screen I guess?

But the band itself is close up? And the B-stage?

Good to hear that you were happy in 119 :wink:

Neilz said:

I believe i'm in seat 80 something and row 5... So I will see about half of the screen I guess?

But the band itself is close up? And the B-stage?

Good to hear that you were happy in 119 :wink:

the band is pretty close (not as close as in GA of course...)but the funny thing is that it doens't matter that much you will be drawn to the crowd and the interaction between the band etc..I haven't really looked at the stage the whole time with the exception of the fly which completely owns and zoostation...I liked the seat very much and I hate seatings during a concert..it is right before Adams b-stage so to speak...and the big screens give you a very good view if you are looing for a smile or whatever...the lights are overwhelming sometimes...I couldn;t say how many meters distance it was maybe 40 or 50:shrug:

zwervers2 said:

the band is pretty close (not as close as in GA of course...)but the funny thing is that it doens't matter that much you will be drawn to the crowd and the interaction between the band etc..I haven't really looked at the stage the whole time with the exception of the fly which completely owns and zoostation...I liked the seat very much and I hate seatings during a concert..it is right before Adams b-stage so to speak...and the big screens give you a very good view if you are looing for a smile or whatever...the lights are overwhelming sometimes...I couldn;t say how many meters distance it was maybe 40 or 50:shrug:
I normally hate seats aswell... I was going to buy GA tickets, but the guy before me in line, literally bought the very last GA tickets for that show... So I had to settle with these seats... But sounds like you had a great time... looking forward to Saturday...

Neilz said:

I normally hate seats aswell... I was going to buy GA tickets, but the guy before me in line, literally bought the very last GA tickets for that show... So I had to settle with these seats... But sounds like you had a great time... looking forward to Saturday...

:up: it brings a whole new dimension if you are used to GA..I'm glad I got to see the crowd from above so to speak..now friday and saturday will be a different story!

any prices for merchandise?

t-shirts were 35euro in france, am hoping they will be cheaper in holland

hedge said:
any prices for merchandise?

t-shirts were 35euro in france, am hoping they will be cheaper in holland

No idea???? Didn't pay attention at all to be honest..
I stopped buying those things a while ago:wink:

Back
Top Bottom