MERGED --> ALL Reports from the Boston GA lines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GretzkyU2Yanks

Acrobat
Report from the Boston GA line

just stopped by the GA line at the Fleet Center. I walk by everyday and have GAs on Thursday. The weather is awful. pouring out and cold (45 F) and windy.
As I was there (about 8:40 AM) the security guards were making a pass through the line. They were giving bands to all of the members 'insert letter here'-FAN. They were going through the line for them and then supposedly going back through it for people with non fan club tickets. Supposedly the email/letter/phone call ticketmaster announced is still true to form. Get your bracelet, you can leave but have to be back by 5 PM (I think that was the time).

I personally didnt see anybody get their band and leave the line, but from what I heard from the people at the back of the line (the line wrapped from the building back and forth away from it, so I couldnt get to the people in the front of the line) it was all going as planned so far, with the exception of giving fan club tickets their bands 1st.

Anyone find out about if you have tickets at will call? I might actually have GA's at will call for Saturday and it would suck not to allow someone lining up with a wristband that has tickets but can pick them up at 4 p.m. and their about 50 feet away from the GA line. Also what if you do not have a insert-Fan for Saturday? No one should have that on their ticket so you show your U2.com membership?

dont know about the will call thing, and Im assuming for Sat proof of being a member, since there was no presale, will get you the same thing. Or they will do away with it for Sat.

Well anyone can claim their tickets are at will call. Problem is later today I will know if I have tickets. Then at 4 p.m. I will know if their GA tickets or not.

Re: Report from the Boston GA line

FYI, Blog @U2 reports that #34-#37 got to the line at about 630am and waited for about 1.5 hours to get there wristbands.

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
just stopped by the GA line at the Fleet Center. I walk by everyday and have GAs on Thursday. The weather is awful. pouring out and cold (45 F) and windy.
As I was there (about 8:40 AM) the security guards were making a pass through the line. They were giving bands to all of the members 'insert letter here'-FAN. They were going through the line for them and then supposedly going back through it for people with non fan club tickets. Supposedly the email/letter/phone call ticketmaster announced is still true to form. Get your bracelet, you can leave but have to be back by 5 PM (I think that was the time).

I personally didnt see anybody get their band and leave the line, but from what I heard from the people at the back of the line (the line wrapped from the building back and forth away from it, so I couldnt get to the people in the front of the line) it was all going as planned so far, with the exception of giving fan club tickets their bands 1st.

full @U2 blog from this AM:
Greetings from sunny Boston - after waking up to pouring rain and a temperature of about 45 degrees, I would like to thank the good folks at Fleet Center for the awesome GA line procedures. Our crew joined the GA line shortly after 6:30 (numbers 34 through 37) and after only an hour and a half in the rain, were given numbered wristbands. We're now free to go get warm and dry, and won't have to show back up until 5:00 for a 6:00 admission. I have pictures of some very soggy fans, and will try to upload them later today. Fleet Center - for being so organized with this process - thank you, thank you.

Super_Fan said:
Well anyone can claim their tickets are at will call. Problem is later today I will know if I have tickets. Then at 4 p.m. I will know if their GA tickets or not.
For will call if you bring a Ticketmaster confirmation page print out, you can get a wristband.
Otherwise it appears that you're at the back of the line come 5PM.

Probably, if you don't have a ticket you don't get a wristband. If it was a fan run line they would probably let you get a place in line. Arena run lines don't let you do that.

XBL

Oy, I just got back and it was pretty horrible actually. Even though I'm VERY grateful for this policy which allows us to NOT have to wait in the rain, we were already numb by the time they got to us. And FYI, the guy who was doing the bracelets was a tool and was letting those who had their u2.com membership cards or profile printouts get in the u2.com line. I forgot to print mine out and lost out, since I thought they were going to stick with the presale designation on the tix. Ack!
Whatever... I'm back and I'm warm. Despite my gripes, thank god for this policy.

My friend just told me her experience in the GA line this morning. She got to the unofficial line @ 5:50 and she was # 19. Around 8:30 the Fleet Center guy came out and confused the crap out of everyone.

Finally he got it together and went down the line and handed wristbands to those that were fan club members and had the proper code on the tickets. My friend was now #9.

I guess there were folks in the front of the line that had camped out :crazy: and were angry that they were passed over. Some complained that this wasn't the same procedure as other venues.

As soon as my friend got her wristband she took off so she had no idea how far down the line the guy went before giving wristbands to the non-club members.

But the interesting part is that there is going to be only one line tonight so it works out.

My question is--when does he stop???? I'm sure fan club members will show up throughout the day--so I'm assuming that he gave wristbands to everyone present at that time - fan club and non-club.

yeah when I stopped by it seemed like he was going to get through the line looking for fan club members, then go back to the front, but I was wondering the same thing. The stream of people coming in wasnt a constant thing so Im assuming whoever was online when he got to the end would make the cut, then he'd go back to the front. and work his way to the back again. Then assuming people that already have a wristband leave, he can repeat the process throughout the day.

I'm surprised ppl started to get in line at 5:30. I would have thought a lot of ppl would have camped out. I may have to consider GAs now.

The system worked very well this morning. Got there a bit late, 8:30ish and the guy seemed like he needed to get his act together. Still, we were wristbanded about a half hour later. Even for joining at 8:30 we were still under #100.

Hearing rumors that fan club members who purchased tickets in the general onsale were given "fan club" wrist bands -- any truth to that?

Please keep the GA line updates coming! I'm going Thursday and want to be completely prepared.

Hey guys and gals.

Does one of you have an extra LOGE ticket for the Thursday show in Boston on 5/26.

My wife found a ticket but I am still empty handed...can someone PLEASE help me out?

email me at:

openbottle2004@hotmail.com

Thank-you again for your considerations and I hope to see you all at the show on Thursday! :)

Best,

HIH

Well, I got there just at about nine (with no umbrella or raincoat), had my u2.com membership card but no presale ticket. When the guy came to me and asked me whether or not I was a u2.com member I said yes but didn't have a presale ticket. He asked me to show my card (which I did) and he gave me the wristband.

Thank God, because I was soaked by this time and it is really miserable outside.

Unfortunately, I obviously didn't think ahead. I didn't take a shower this morning thinking I would just come back to the hotel and hang out and get dry again, but it didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be able to take a shower with the stupid wristband on.:huh:

U2Girl1978 said:
Yea good luck trying to get GA's. What a joke. :|

They're still everywhere for Thursday and Saturday. The average price on eBay is around $375-$400 for a pair.

Considering that's what you'd pay to sit in Loge section 6 or 7, I think that's pretty fair. I bought mine for $175 each and I'll just use my membership card to move up in the line.

ramblin rose said:

Unfortunately, I obviously didn't think ahead. I didn't take a shower this morning thinking I would just come back to the hotel and hang out and get dry again, but it didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be able to take a shower with the stupid wristband on.:huh:

Awww, don't worry, it's so wet and windy that we're all going to look like ass tonight. And we don't care if you smell!

Re: Re: Re: wristband

Jenn121 said:
Awww, don't worry, it's so wet and windy that we're all going to look like ass tonight. And we don't care if you smell!

U2Girl1978 said:
hold that arm out of the shower and have fun... :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been laughing about this since I got back to the hotel.

Considering I look like a wet rat and smell, I won't be going to Barnes & Noble today.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom