MERGED -- > All Questions about GENERAL SALE Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
Your Plans For the General Sale

I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

Probabley have a window ready for L.A and another window open for Anahiem.
As i dont think i'll be making an international phone call :)

Me and my friend plan to go together and we live in so cal so we will probably both be on our own computers on Sat for SD and who ever can come up with the best tickets will buy both of them. And if we get crap seats we will try again for Anaheim and LA on Sunday and possibly sell the crap ones (not at scalper prices of course).

My girlfriend and I will both be at our computers and whoever gets the best tickets for Boston II will buy them.

Meanwhile, a couple of my friends will be working on NYC GAs.

Re: Your Plans For the General Sale

bono_man2002 said:
I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

Probabley have a window ready for L.A and another window open for Anahiem.
As i dont think i'll be making an international phone call :)

Just a warning for ppl trying for multiple shows via Ticketmaster...found this in their help section :huh:

Prevent your tickets from being released
Please use only one browser window at a time (on the same computer) to hold tickets. If you open a new browser and order a different set of tickets, the tickets held in the previous browser will be released for sale to other customers. This helps us to prevent attempts to use automated programs to block other customers from getting tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/faq.html?tm_link=tm_home_i_faq

In that case, I would recommend to all people attempting to attend multiple concerts to put the links to their second, third, et cetera shows in their favourites menu so that once they have purchased tickets to the first show, they can quickly go to the page for the next.

Or Get 2 computers!
Well, it would probabely work on Dial up, because of Diffrent IP Address.

Thanks for the heads up UKTan

Last edited:
Got 2 tickets for Twickenham on reserve for me already. There is a coach trip that leaves from the next town to me. £70 each (ticket and coach) So Im a little pissed at paying £90 each for my 2 PRE-SALE Cardiff tickets.

But hey...2 gigs, so can't complain!:wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Or Get 2 computers!
Well, it would probabely work on Dial up, because of Diffrent IP Address.

Thanks for the heads up UKTan

I was whith my friend in presale in 3 computers and 3 codes, at 10:00 AM, and no tix for NY, NJ, Boston, LA, San Diego or Anaheim.
We want GAs tix, we live in Brazil and we are spending a lot of money to go to USA and see U2 so far of stage.
I think that U2 is not coming to Brazil like ET(cause economic dificults of our country), then I think we deserve GA tix. We don't have chances to see U2 like you in USA or Europe, and we are doing the best we can to go out of our country. We've been
planning this trip since may/2004, and now we are very disappointed.
Sorry for my mistakes and for my speech.
Patricia

shy said:

I was whith my friend in presale in 3 computers and 3 codes, at 10:00 AM, and no tix for NY, NJ, Boston, LA, San Diego or Anaheim.
We want GAs tix, we live in Brazil and we are spending a lot of money to go to USA and see U2 so far of stage.
I think that U2 is not coming to Brazil like ET(cause economic dificults of our country), then I think we deserve GA tix. We don't have chances to see U2 like you in USA or Europe, and we are doing the best we can to go out of our country. We've been
planning this trip since may/2004, and now we are very disappointed.
Sorry for my mistakes and for my speech.
Patricia

bono_man2002 and I both know your position - we're in Australia and heading over for some shows (he's going to the early shows, I'm going to some later ones). When you travel that far, you really do want something good to make the trip worth it. Best of luck to you - I hope you get some really good tickets.

Axver said:
My girlfriend and I will both be at our computers and whoever gets the best tickets for Boston II will buy them.

Meanwhile, a couple of my friends will be working on NYC GAs.

Hope u get the ones ur after Axver!
It must take a lot of patience when u see everyone on here going for em'!

I'm gonna wait at a ticket booth and be on the phone. my friend is going to be at his house with 3 computers. I have 2 more friends that will be waiting in different booths and possibly on the phone also. All this to get 4 chicago GA tickets.... hope it works.

No fan deserves GA tix more than another. You could be travelling from Mars.

I dont want to piss on anyones parade but the chance of pulling GA in the General is lesser than the presale. Its total luck.

I am going to light candles by the computer. I am going to get some crystals and dangle them above the key board. I am going to burn incense. I am going to recite a Buddhist chant. I am going to play American Indian tribal music. I am going to put my hand on the computer screen and FEEL the GAs coming into my hand!

Amen!

I'm going to go Old Skool: Stand in line @ Tower Record TicketMaster & Phone in my hand.

That way they can get it for me I can vent to a eal live person when I don't get my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choices.

bonosleftone said:
No fan deserves GA tix more than another. You could be travelling from Mars.

I dont want to piss on anyones parade but the chance of pulling GA in the General is lesser than the presale. Its total luck.

All fans deserves the chance to get GA tickets, we are true fans, but not in seconds like this pre sale. I just wanted to explain my personal case to want only GA tickets.
Don't worry , I'm not pissed, I'm disappointed ( and not whith you).:(

Actually, considering the lack of GAs in the presale, and the fact that probably half a venue's worth of fans were trying to get tickets in the last presale, I think the odds might be better this time........

It all depends on how many Ticketmaster has illegally given to brokers to be honest.

I'll be on the computer and possibly have my mom on the phone or something...I already got two tickets to Chicago on May 7th, but they're way up at the top... so I'm trying for GA tix. If I get them, I'm selling my other tickets for face value, without Ticketmaster's dumb extra charge.

Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.
Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

I'm trying how to figure out my way around this!!!! hehe! Luckily I know lots of relatives with credit cards and different billing addresses!!

But if you already bought GA during the presale does this mean you cannot buy GA during the public onsale???????

Nothing at all. I'm going to kick back, safe in the knowledge that I have a couple of tickets for my (sort of) hometown gig. Unless TM screw up obviously.

With the high prices and limited shows, I might as well let as many other people have a chance to see them live.

I want one GA ticket to San Diego, Los angeles, and Anaheim. So my plan is to have 3 friends go to a ticket outlet and wait in line. Whoever draws the highest number with the lottery, will buy the tickets.
And i'll be at home with 4 phones, and my computer, which is broadband.

If I miraculously end up with extra tickets, i'll find someone here who needs one.

What kind of luck do you think I'll have at the general sale?

Or, how do you think I can increase my chances of getting GA tickets at the ticket sale to the general public?
That starts Saturday, right? Anyone know what time, if it's online etc.?
(I might have chance to cancel the sale of the $300 scalper tickets)

skjuls said:
Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.
Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

I'm trying how to figure out my way around this!!!! hehe! Luckily I know lots of relatives with credit cards and different billing addresses!!

But if you already bought GA during the presale does this mean you cannot buy GA during the public onsale???????

I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster. She made it very clear that I could not use the same name, credit card or address as the presale to purchase any more tickets in the public onsale. So, I'm enlisting the help of several relatives and friends.

Everybody be careful. She said I could lose the tix I already got if I used any of the same info again.

Edgey said:

I just got off the phone with Ticketmaster. She made it very clear that I could not use the same name, credit card or address as the presale to purchase any more tickets in the public onsale. So, I'm enlisting the help of several relatives and friends.

Everybody be careful. She said I could lose the tix I already got if I used any of the same info again.

can it be a diiferent name,billing and shipping address, just the same computer?

Edgey said:

This is shite!! Since we only purchased two tickets. In the public onsale, the limit is 8!!!

So basically unless you have access to family members or friends who will let you use their credit cards (I have that by the way), your U2.com membership screws you over again if you got seats (this really blows if they were really crappy!))

Edgey said:

What? :ohmy:

Aardvark747 said:

Hope u get the ones ur after Axver!
It must take a lot of patience when u see everyone on here going for em'!

Thanks, mate! I'll be happy to get in the door, but GAs ... that'd be a dream come true.

To whoever said no fan deserves GA over another: true, the guy over the road from the venue has just as much of a right to them as I do. But when you're travelling halfway across the world, you really want to make the trip worth it and thus you're particularly eager to get the tickets you want. Would you really want to spend $2000 only to sit up the back of the arena?

Nesskelz17@aol. said:

can it be a diiferent name,billing and shipping address, just the same computer?

Yes. They can't know you're using the same computer, or even reasonably stop you if they do know it's the same computer, as there's no way to prove the same person was using the computer (for example, it could be a computer in an Internet cafe).

Back
Top Bottom