MERGED--> All Principal MGT/ Propaganda....Discussion here + ...Continue Faxing Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
explorer said:
not only should they have made more tickets available, but they should have spaced the release of the tickets. i.e., release 20% at 10:00 am then another 20% at 2:00pm and so on. this would give more people a chance to get tickets and also keep the system from flooding.

Yep the tried and true staggered method. This would've definitely helped.

It may have even been more advantageous to have less presales each day. They could've done them all week right up until Saturday.

sortofhomecoming said:
LeftOne - just so you know I heard that there will be a second show for Philly. I should have more details on Friday. I will keep you posted.

Cheers. I figured there would be by looking at the dates and talking to some industry friends, however I think that U2 should at the very least offer a presale for it.

I dont want my code to be for nowt.

I just faxed the two offices the article. If they decide to ignore it, it's their fault. Who here has the Rolling Stone and Billboard faxes?

nathan1977 said:
- Worked with a company who was prepared for the deluge of demand? [/B]

You know whats so fucking shitty about this comment (not that you are shitty for making it) its shitty because if the deluge was bad today, its going to be 10X worse on Saturday.

Angry Fans... pretend I'm the U2.com manager

at 11:31 PM...

(Users Browsing this Forum: tomtom, Achtung Ya'll, Roland of Gilead, Judah, EdgeVox, WildHoney, MrBrau1, rathergoblind, ChangeTheTemperature, Zoocoustic, snutes1, U2@NYC, Theedge555, sixtoe, atikicat, wad2k, Chrisedge, Pop Artist, SoCalMusicLover, katie, MKWU2, U2Fanatic4ever, u2valleygirl, sconti, Daniel Martin, She ls Raging, celia, Ody, hcmiller, sneeb, Brian S, sortofhomecoming, dsmith2904, GibsonGirl, Dutch Partygirl, mkdominatr, RoelJewel, rajman, AughrimFurey, tikwanleap, vchavez, Niceman, ewines, chrissybaby, RademR, IheartU2, mellyinsf, sue4u2, Turnthedarkoff, nick_u2, Slane_Brain, u2warlp, u2grace, adenoid_hynkel, theedge111, Skyhawk, Ciberus, macphisto23, radioskugga, MaxFisher, bluejaysus, Halup, Teta040, xaviMF22, Snowlock, Lancemc, Varda, karmic_postmark, azraelsevaen, packer_edge, apterz, j_gyomber, AtomicBono, CICOLO, lesleyfff, jer2911, BoomCha~sm, Desert Dog, kevaxe2k2, colby_giusti, Rusty James, ludilobrate, *k_i_t_e_86*, Raid, MatejU2, yyoo, u2bflygirl, lancerla, bigroguk, korczykp, agers84101, KUEFC09U2, Nisse, john28uk, RobertWiscy, trish0860, chazman151, shooboxx, muziq, njelevation06, pookybear, arnolds, nicodemus49, clip51, U2inBigD, sallycinnamon78, fluffy123, chatron, U24Ever4Me, chrisandronna, mistafadedglory, RiddimMaster, AbigailJ, joe84780, OldTimerU2Fan, arizzzona, MrBill64, popbellydancer, motty99, gps, adamship, pepokiss)

well... the last one not :wink:

i'm the U2.com manager (or the Ticketmaster manager, whiever you want)

discharge.. here... ANGRY FANS UNITE :mad:

Last edited:
In January 2001, I used the U2.com presale to get tickets to the opening night show in Sunrise, FL. I wasn't successful in getting GA tickets, but I was able to get through within the first few seconds and got ok seats. The thing is, this presale was provided free of charge by U2.com and I already knew I could count on the always reliable Propaganda for my main tickets for Anaheim.

This year, people are paying $20-40 just to participate in the exact same presale they offered 4 years ago, where like this year, only a limited amount of the tickets were offered. Also, they've eliminated the old standby Propaganda.

This morning, I didn't necessarily expect to get GA tickets, but I thought I at least stood a good chance. I didn't pay my money to go through the aggravation of over 1/2 hour of non stop internal error messages, only to later find Ticketmaster correcting the problem, but then only offering lousy tickets.

The sad thing is that because there are still tickets available for all California shows, 6 hours after the presale began, Principle Management will consider that they did indeed meet the demand of U2.com subscrbiers, otherwise why would there still be tickets remaining? The reality is peaopl either gave up due to Ticketmaster's screwup and don't realize tickets are even available now, or they just feel too jacked around to waste their code on shitty seats.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:

You know whats so fucking shitty about this comment (not that you are shitty for making it) its shitty because if the deluge was bad today, its going to be 10X worse on Saturday.

I take no offense. That's exactly what I was thinking today -- how much WORSE it's going to be Saturday.

Halup said:
The sad thing is that because there are still tickets available for all California shows, 6 hours after the presale began, Principle Management will consider that they did indeed meet the demand of U2.com subscrbiers, otherwise why would there still be tickets remaining? The reality is peaopl either gave up due to Ticketmaster's screwup and don't realize tickets are even available now, or they just feel too jacked around to waste their code on shitty seats.

Or our codes were wasted on "purchases" that never went through but which mean that we can't use 'em anyway. (Thanks, TM.)

Do not allow Principle Management to pass the buck to Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster may have server problems and so on, but the basic issue here is that they did not allocate the number of tickets which would have guaranteed you purchase (as was stated in their fanclub FAQ).

It is not Ticketmaster's fault that there were not enough tickets made available!!

TM has other issues, like cancelling codes, etc, but not with the number of tix that went on sale.

MrBrau1 said:
Rumor is the actual shows will be shortened- to about 1:10, from the usual 2 hours. This will allow U2 to play more shows, with less "wear & tear" on the band. Happy $160 Golden Shower Ticket!

It better not be! at these prices I expect at least a 3 hour show! may accept 2 and a half hours!

anitram said:
Do not allow Principle Management to pass the buck to Ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster may have server problems and so on, but the basic issue here is that they did not allocate the number of tickets which would have guaranteed you purchase (as was stated in their fanclub FAQ).

It is not Ticketmaster's fault that there were not enough tickets made available!!

TM has other issues, like cancelling codes, etc, but not with the number of tix that went on sale.

He's right. It's clear that U2 did not meet the demand for the allotment of tickets in conjunction with the amount of people who joined the fan club. U2 should've done the presale on their own, at the very least like Propaganda. Seperate a fan sale from the conglomerate that control the big sale.

I highly doubt anyone joined U2.com for the fucking keychain or shittily encoded streaming media. We all joined for the pre-sale and U2 had no problem with charging all of us the $40 but not having nearly enough tickets available for even half of the people in the pre-sale.

Last edited:
Very disappointed with the way the presale went. :mad:
In hindsight today's fiasco will probably look like a walk in the park compared to what will happen on saturday.
I hope the guys make a wiser investment with my $40 than I did. :huh:

Oh, I forgot it should be $80 since they charged me twice. :madspit:

Last edited:
Matthew_Page2000 said:
I see my future and the future is: TICKET BROKERS. SCALPERS. N'ER DO WELLS.
On the other hand, anything is better than dealing with U2.com and TicketMaster. At this point I'd rather do business with Satan.

But you ARE doing business with Satan :wink:

Re: ..

adenoid_hynkel said:
i've often wodered what the old bono would say to the current day bono, especially now

Nothing - he'd just kick the shit outta him then go for a beer.

email addy for site administrator of u2.com (aka fuckthefans.net)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks to an enterprising researcher on zootopia, here it is:

U2BK@AOL.COM
Robert A. Koch
U2 Ltd.
324 New Darlington Road
Media, PA 19063-5610

tell him what you think of this scam. demand another presale. demand more tickets be allocated. demand a refund. demand an apology. demand a year's worth of free merchandise from the u2.com store.

in any case, complain!

-------

more contacts:
Signatures Network Email Addresses
dfurano@signaturesnet.com Dell Furano - Chief Executive Officer
dhunt@signaturesnet.com Don Hunt -President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer
dbayless@signaturesnet.com Django Bayless - Vice President, Information Systems and Technology
rfish@signaturesnet.com Rick Fish - Senior Vice President, Artist Relations
press@signaturesnet.com

Mailing Address & Phone Numbers:

Signatures Network, Inc.
2 Bryant Street, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94105
Telephone: (415) 247-7400
Fax: (415) 247-7407
Customer Service (Consumers) 1-800-767-7160

Principle Management Ltd
30 Sir Rogersons Quay
Dublin 2
Ireland
info@numb.ie

Fanfire/U2.com Addresses
orderhelp@FanFire.com 1-800-615-1324
memberinfo@u2.com

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

phommel said:
The only solution in the futere to my opinion is:

stop with this so-called 'fanclub' on U2.com and stop all presale possibilities. Just do it the old fashioned way. Waiting in a row for hours.....those where the times...

In total agreeance. The good olde days of waiting all night on line, a friend or two on the payphones (pre-cellular)... what makes a fan a fan.

Bottom line: U2.con is a joke of a fan club. But I can't see a legal reason for a class action suit. It's not against the law to treat people like garbage.

And if you read the fine print, you're only promised "the opportunity" to purchase presales. Doesn't have to be a decent one.

Arrgh, today I feel smart on saving my $40. I'll join any effort to disgrace U2.Con though. I spent 2 months trying to get my Prop code and they never did anything about it. Yes, I tried the CEO, CFO, and all to no avail... so if you add those of us that said "screw it" when FanFire screwed us the first time, you'll have even more fans mobilized...

That's what I've always done (that and ordering from Old Prop for the out of town shows) and that;s what I'm planning to do this time.

I didn't do the presale.

Look: a bit of advice: faxing and emaailing people is NOT going to get results.

There is only one thing that works. It's the only thing that works to get the fires lit under Congress's ass, and the Religious Right has this down to a T. It;s why they're able to get results with their agenda right now.

PHONE CALLS. PHONE CALLS. PHONE CALLS.

Anything else, they'll create a special "folder" fpr you and sit there drinking their cup of joe and be entertained. We'll be beating our heads against a brick wall, and be treated like protesters at a Bush event. With amused indifference at best.

But with a phone call, it will be impossible for them to conduct normal business. It screwth up their day. They can't shunt off callers, short of changing their phone number. TM can.

Dublin won't. Not without more backlash. I'm sure there are Dubliners onhere who can search the Dublin phone book. Anyone?

They will HAVE to respond in some way, just to get their day back to normal.

And also; We need to keep this up UNTIL WE GET A SUBSTANTIVE RESPONSE. They are saying nice things now but no doubt hoping that after the generaL public sale when most of us have seats that we'll be happy. They think the only issue here is not being able to get ix, and NOT thatit;s a quality issue here as well. We need to keep up the pressure HOURLY. It depends on how bad you want change, because they are countingon your patience wearing out before theirs.

WE HAVE TO SHOW TM THAT U2 FANS ARE DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE THEY"VE EVER DEALT WITH-EVER. And as the U2.com guy is probably just a FANFIRE stooge, him too.

bonosleftone said:
just for a laugh I tried the presale again 3 times here are the three words that I had to type in, so fitting

lunacy
amess
scream

that is no boast either, those are the actual words

That is one of the top 5 funniest things I've seen today. When I'm in a better mood, I'll post them.

Back
Top Bottom