MERGED: All Presale Problems/Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noopie said:
Quick question folks,

I'm lucky enough to be in an environment tomorrow where I have access to lots of computers. Does anyone think if I hit ticketmaster on more than one computer at the same time with the same code it will effect my code status? From what I've read, it seems to be based on purchases, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else had a problem with something like this.

Thanks

Assuming you do get in, isn't the problem more the risk that all the tickets you purchase with 1 code will get cancelled?

Things to do while waiting for them to answer the phone:

1. Read posts on the web-based community known as www.interference.com by other fans who have been calling all day to find out why their password isn't working for a second pair of tickets.
2. Watch the six o'clock news.
3. Leave the phone on but put it down on the kitchen counter while you leave to...
4. Go to the Back Yard Burgers location down the street to get a cheeseburger for your spouse and a chili cheese baked potato for yourself.
5. Return home and pick up the phone to find out that the phone is still on and you are still waiting.
6. Eat a chili cheese baked potato.
7. Listen to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" and "City of Blinding Lights" in heavy rotation on the phone.
8. Use the restroom.
9. See if there is any ice cream left in the freezer.
10. Eat some ice cream.
11. Decide whether to run a quick half-marathon around the town while waiting on your call to be answered.
12. Wonder if Kobayashi, who first called them a country away much earlier in the morning, ever got through.

But after all of that, I finally got through. Now, I am waiting on the "re-activation" e-mail.

~U2Alabama

I've given up for tonite considering I only have 10 more minutes of pre-sale (I'm on east coast). I've yet to have my password reset or receive one via e-mail. I sent mutiple e-mails btwn 3:30-4pm to Fanfire, and spoken to two Fanfire reps. NADA!!

All I can say is Fanfire better be paying there IT support team overtime, because I want my password to work tomorrow morning at 10AM EST.

just talked to Jill -- I got the whole yo have to buy the tix all at once thing. whatever -- she seemed to know that that was impossible. She said she'd put a rush on my order -- gave me an order number. She said I might get my new code tonight. Meh.

Well, I am finally giving up for the night. FanFire admits that everyone that can do anything about resetting codes has left for the night.

I guess the thing to do is check in the morning and hope it is reset for the U2.COM non-Propaganda presale. I am certain that I am done with U2.COM when this membership runs out.

Checking back in. Grand total of 7 hours spent on hold today with FanFire.

Now they have suddenly decided that I'm not listed as a Propaganda member though I have been one for over 10 years.

They say they are going to reset my code but they don't know when.

I'm pretty much done.

LOL I used my old u2.com code that I had prior to getting a propaganda code that was useless and it worked !!!!! GAs for Toronto BABY YEAH!!!

Hang in there guys, I got my GAs 10 min. after the onsale started and ticketmaster kept kicking me out so they're going slow...

I guess I get to play the game of being on hold all day today since my code is "not activated for this presale" Nice way to handle your fans. Good thing they "fixed" the system

I just talked to FanFire about my situation yesterday. I think you all will find this to be good information:

The woman I spoke to says that the "people that can reset passwords" have the Propaganda list locked in a filing cabinet in their offices. They will not be in until approximately 9:00 am west coast time (11:00 central time, meaning I've missed the first hour of this day of presale).

She reported that they "worked late last night" and they will be coming in late this morning because they had to stay late last night.

She says that it will take approximately 2-4 hours to reset your code AFTER these people get into the office.

So, if you need your code reset and you happen to get through to them sometime today you are looking (at the absolute earliest) 11:00 am west coast time before you can purchase tickets.

For those in the midwest, thats 1:00 this afternoon....3 hours after the presale started....those on the east coast....ugh.....

Thats my update today.

Good luck everyone!

Great news Saves, so my useless presale means I go to the back of the line. Nice on hold music they have. You think working for U2's interests, they could get a copy of city of blinding lights that don't have a skip in it.

Thanks for the update U2SavesTheWorld.

This is my 3rd phone call to Fanfire, and I want to ask them to expedite my issue. I'm on the east cost and according to the info you received, I will have to wait until 2pm to order tickets (3 hours from). Which means I will have lost the opportunity to purchase better seats for the $160 price range. Arrrh this sucks major ass!!! So much for being a former Propaganda member.

Another wasted day for me at work, its a good thing I work in IT, at least I have no excuse for being on the computer all day.

my code doesn't work either. for awhile last night it said the code wasn't in the system at all and now it has reverted to the you have already bought tickets. i am tempted to just get the montreal ones.

and i cant get through to fanfire.

Macfly, you should see if you can do some freelance work for Fanfire, looks like they need the help. Maybe that way you could make sure your own code works. lol

U2WOJO, ha ha that would be good. Well I just off the phone with Fanfire (45 mins on hold), and I got the same info as U2SavesTheWorld.
"The people who reactivate the codes will be in until 9am". I asked if I can expedite the issue, since this is my 3rd time calling and I lost my advantage to order tickets yesterday. Her reply "Sorry I cannot expedite the request due to tons of other requests ahead of you" I replied "even from yesterday afternoon" She of course said "yes".

Boy, I'm gonna tell my manager about this, since he's always talking about "satisfying" customer satisfaction. Ha!!! I wish Fanfire would send me a survery. Come on I dare ya. You bastards!!

Last edited:
and, just like 24 hours ago, i am listening to a scratchy rendition of SYCMIOYO.

why is it so difficult to spend money?

can anyone tell me if toronto ga's are still available for the 12th? i can't check.

i'm considering giving up. i won't be able to access a computer when fanfire proposes to have these codes fixed. i could just get montreal tickets and trade or go to the show. i would like to make sure they don't cancel both my orders though.

Ok -- I talked to Fanfire, too. She said her supervisor wouldn't be in until 8:30 -- and then he would walk my code down to the code guy. Whatever. This sucks. i think I'll have better luck going to my local ticketmaster place Saturday morning.

Yeah, I asked if they would walk my code down and they said that was impossible.

Why why why are these people so incompetant?

Why couldn't someone with the codes have come in early this morning! This is all they have to do!
I will personally pay their overtime if that is the issue.

Seriously guys, I'm putting this out of my mind. I've done everything that I can. I phoned, emailed, prayed, cried, gnashed teeth -- I'm just not going to stress anymore. I'm done with it. Fanfire is dead to me.

This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid

WHY WHY WHY

:banghead:

At what point are you guys going to call them back?

im still on hold with them. coming up on an hour.

i just want them to confirm that they won't cancel my whole order if i buy montreal tickets. of course, everyone agrees that there is no reason to do so. but since the system doesn't seem to recognize such, i fear that might be what happens.

I just got back on hold with the. Since their wait times are over 2 hours, I might as well sit on hold because I know they aren't going to reactivate my code.

Time check 10:32 am central time....

Well, I'm not having any luck at all. It keeps saying my code in invalid and I need to try back today or tomorrow. Umm...hello? I've sent 2 emails and attempted to call fanfire and I can't be on hold that long at work.
So I'm stuck once again w/the general on sale w/the rest of the public. This propaganda member isn't having any luck at all.
:sad: :down:

i gave up.

bought montreal tickets.

there is no logic by which they cancel the orders. if they do...well there is probably nothing that i will be able to do.

i feel for you.

best of luck.

this thread is a historical document of tribulations. at least in the realm of acquiring U2 tickets it is.

Back
Top Bottom