MERGED-->ALL Personal Vertigo DVD Reviews HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got the deluxe edition. I'll probably never watch the extras on the second disc (yay, an alternate video of a song I don't like); I paid the extra to get the cardboard case that matches all my other U2 DVDs. The regular edition came in some ghetto plastic thing.

The packaging really sucks. I hate how the booklet is attached to the inner cover and the two discs are stacked on top of each other (so you have to remove the second disc to get to the first one). They couldn't have had it fold out like their previous releases? A really flimsy presentation for $30 (I also picked up Pearl Jam's Live at the Garden while I was there, which cost as much as the non-deluxe Vertigo 2005 DVD but came with two discs and a much nicer box than the deluxe edition).

Okay, watching it now.

This DVD is worth buying just to see Edge do the solo to "The Electric Co."

as good as Electric Co is on the DVD i think it's even better on the third leg. edge is even more animated these days, making his way all the way out to the tip of the ellipse, and then all around it. im not that fond of the bullet with butterfly wings snippet he used. you should listen to electric co from the chicago 9/20 show, its choice. chooooooooice :drool:

I finally got the DVD today and after watching a good portion of it, I seriously can't believe how much bitching and moaning you people are doing.

This is a GREAT show - the performances are GREAT. Who cares if the audience isn't screaming and jumping up and down as much as you'd like - I, for one, would like these concert DVDs to be audience-screaming-free, I want the performances to be crystal clear. I paid money to listen to Bono sing, not delerious fans scream off-key.

I don't notice any difference between the audio quality here and on the Boston or Slane DVDs. And I only notice a tiny bit of the synching problems - after reading the reviews here, I thought it was going to be like watching an old Bruce Lee movie, but it's just fine. Relax.

The performances are great. The Bomb songs are all so much better live, it's ridiculous. I really can't even listen to the studio versions of these songs after hearing them live. COBL, OOTS, Yahweh, LAPOE, Sometimes, all INFINITELY better live. I will be ripping the audio from this DVD very quickly.

Now, everybody repeat after me:

Hamish Hamilton is NOT Satan

namkcuR said:

perhaps just a minion of Satan then?:wink:

No - I think think that Hamilton did a decent job - with the exception of the visuals for the zoo encore

City of Blinding lights sucked. It is such a freaking awesome intro.. but the audio sucks. Its too quiet for one. The instruments drown out the vocals, and then when you hear the vocals.. they just ain't that good :S.

I'll grab the DVD in a bit and review each song. But right now i'll just say that visually it was stunning, but vocally and from the audio perspective.. it was a big let down (on most songs, not all).

Last edited:
a few stuff ups in editing but hey, always happens. still love the DVD though...

Did anyone else get very emotional during Into The Heart with the boy?

My eyes saw something a little different......Just got my DVD & am going to see my first show in a couple of weeks. HAD to watch the DVD as soon as I got it home.... Have seen other U2 DVDs before, But there is something different and bigger about Vertigo. All the songs seem to work together so well to drive home a message that's so much more important than things seen on the surface. I found it to be INCREDIBLY touching, AND
U2's MOST IMPORTANT WORK TO DATE. They are amazing. I have never seen anyone else with the same ability to relate to and actually change their audience (for the better, hopefully).

One more thing.. Did anyone else just love Mysterious Ways??
THe guys looked like they were relaxed & havin' fun. LOVED Edge's chicka chicka funk guitar and Bono's little Richard impression. And Bono's vocal at the end of the song. Don't know how they did it, but the song is better now than it was 20+ years ago..

after a few views, still loved it. have some grips with it, but overall a good DVD and I thought the performance was great.

wish they would waited into the third leg as well, but cant have everything

Back
Top Bottom