MERGED--> ALL European support discussions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Bee said:

This was in the band's latest newsletter.

OPENING FOR U2:

The Bravery have been asked to support U2:
Tue June 14 - Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
Mon June 27 - Dublin - Croke Park

:ohmy: At the MSG show I met a relative of one of the guys in The Bravery who told me that if they got the gig, she would be making the trip over to watch them and said she would try to help this chick out...

:drool: :drool: :drool: Need to send an email when I get home... :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was listening to Dave Fanning on 2fm last night and he said along with ASH ,the bravery would be playing it also. Not bad support ,but not as good as Paddy Casey/Snow patrol support on the Friday.

1 or 2 support bands??

I see that some of the upcoming shows have 2 support acts.. for example tomorrow night theres The Thrills and Snow Patrol :drool:

But the shows I'm going to in London and Cardiff only have one! Will there be more bands added do you think??

Updated UK support list

I am so intent on tracking down who is supporting on the 19th June that I have done an updated version of the U2.com dates. If anyone can fill in any other gaps, please let me know!

June 10th Brussels - Support Act: Snow Patrol The Thrills
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Support Act: Feeder The Thrills
June 14th Manchester Support Act: Snow Patrol Bravery
June 15th Manchester Support Act: Athlete Idlewild
June 18th London - Twickenham Support Act: Athlete Doves
June 19th London - Twickenham Support Act: Idlewild and ???????
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park Support Act: Interpol and ????"

Hope this is of interest to someone!
ark
P.S. I can give you th reference to any of the supports if you are not sure!

Last edited:
awwwww, you're kidding me?! is that true?

I'm kinda annoyed by them, but I can live with it. But yeah, it'll be fun backstage....give them some alcohol from the rider and let the sparks fly hehe

2nd Manchester support for 14th June

U2.com now says that as well as Snow Patrol on the 14th June U2 are also being supported by The Bravery!!! Anyone know what they are like????:wink:

fluffy123 said:
They're ok. I'm not that impressed by them to be honest.

Check out 'Honest Mistake' and 'Fearless'

Yeah, I know who they are now, saw them on a programme earlier this year, they were introduced by Kelly osborne. They seem OK.

Re: 2nd Manchester support for 14th June

adele said:
U2.com now says that as well as Snow Patrol on the 14th June U2 are also being supported by The Bravery!!! Anyone know what they are like????:wink:

What they dont say, but The Bravery say, is that they are also supporting on 27th and 29th (Dublin and cardiff)!
ark

Gotta say, The Braverys' Fearless is one of the best promo videos I've seen in ages. Where else can a band go in a performance promo video after rooftops, mountain tops etc. theres only one place left - why on the front of a speedboat of course :wink:

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just rock out whenever I see it. Seeing a drumkit on the front of a speedboat - Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer would be proud!

Kind of cool though.

theres only 1 for Cardiff too....

Aaahh!!! I've just gone back though this thread....STARSAILOR IN CARDIFF YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Last edited:
I live very close to Twickenham and am going to the Sunday show, but now knowing that Doves and Athlete are playing with U2 on the Saturday is bringing me out in a moderate sweat.. I might loose my head being so near and yet so far...

I think I might convince a couple of mates to casually take a stroll into Twickenham on Saturday, accidently walk near the stadium and accidently bump into some ticket touts who force me accidently buy some GA tickets.. ;)

ark said:
Jim - wait and see who else we get on Sunday! It HAS to be good, doesnt it?
ark

You're right - the support acts are phenominal!!

Cardiff by far wins best support on this tour!!! Im so glad I'm going as well. Ive seen both the Killers and Starsailor and they are superb live! This will be amazing! :up:

And does anyone have any info on the Radiators? I did a search on google but im not getting very far. Im going to Dublin 25th and would like to listen to some tracks by them and theres Nothing about them at u2.com.

Back
Top Bottom