MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're not meeting me in NYC and stowing away in my suitcase after all?

:sad:

ouizy said:
hmmm, I wonder if the screen is actually going to be very high res, or low res...

I also wonder what those cut outs are in the screen.

I think those cut outs between the upper and lower part of the screen are for those huge lights. Like mentioned before, the lower part can probably move up and down, depending on what effect they want. so they can also use it as one big background screen. The gaps at the right and left have to be filled with screen. i think they've left it away for logistic reasons with the stage build-up.

The total stage seems to be bigger than Popmart ! ! !

Anyway, this is going to be fuckin' A M A Z I N G !

looking forward to amsterdam 16th .

I just saw the pictures and that is impressive. I think the stage might be bigger than Popmart. The screen is so huge and bright. Show is going to be amazing, as I wish U2 brings the big stage to the US next year.

Can somebody see the pictures on U2.com?:
Sneak Preview!

Exclusive shots from inside the European build for Vertigo '05.

Catch these intriguing images from the King Baudouin Stadium, in Brussels, where the outdoor production for Vertigo '05 is being put together.

they are just crossed out for me.

zoopop said:
I just saw the pictures and that is impressive. I think the stage might be bigger than Popmart. The screen is so huge and bright. Show is going to be amazing, as I wish U2 brings the big stage to the US next year.

Agreed! Without the ellipse!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
how i wish for a stadium leg in america... :sigh:

Well there have been really unconfirmed accounts of people speaking with the U2 operation and them talking of a return to North America in 2006...perhaps that will be a stadium leg...even still I doubt it, and I witnessed one of these conversations first hand.

More new pics:

DSC01167.JPG

IMAG0229.JPG

bruss.jpg

source: www.tram3.tk

Last edited:
hi,

here's another one. LED screen in close up with the lights built in
love the technique, looks brilliant in every aspect...

BRL_U2_0121.jpg

Miroslava said:
Erm.. pardon my ignorance of humongous stadium shows, but in looking at how high the stage is, do they add some sort of platform? My guess is not... cause look at this dude

http://users.pandora.be/benb/pictures/bxl8/DSC01167.JPG

IF that is the case, then being front row inside the elipse would SUCK, no? :huh:

i didnt want to be first row inside the ellipse for the north american leg

i definitely wouldnt want to be there for the european show

Well, not that I was at any risk of being front row at Dublin 1, but now I know that it is definitely not a good place to be :|

For arenas though, it did look like a good place to be (never been there yet).

Though if I only had one chance and had to pick between front row inside and front row outside, I'd take the outside spot :yes:

Holy fucking shit! Why don't I live in Europe? Why? :sad: I know South Africans are notorious for disliking the Brits (not me!) but COME ON! Why did my parents have to decide on Canada? WHY?!

I think I'll go wallow in self pity now. :(

Vorsprung said:
More new pics:

source: www.tram3.tk

Has anyone wondered who this guy is and why he is able to walk around the stadium and take close up pics of the band's gear?

In regards to front row in a stadium...
I saw Popmart from row 10 in Detroit and it was just about perfect. I guess that would have been 30 feet back or so. But I did have a chair to stand on the entire show.

Last edited:
OffAxis said:

Has anyone wondered who this guy is and why he is able to walk around the stadium and take close up pics of the band's gear?

I was just thinking the same thing. Some of these are starting to look like an unofficial official leak sort of thing. Thoughts?

So much for my hopes of the ellipse being gone. Oh well! :wink:

It's not all that big now is it?
Think it is the same size as Rolling Stones' Licks stage.
I saw 2 Licks shows, one 1st row pressed against the barriers. And since a regular stage is about 15mtrs deep, and there is a security row of about 3 mtrs, no worries. It will cause a severe neck injury, but youll enjoy the show.
The other Licks evening I was way at the back, top row. I had to stay low in my seat otherwise the roof would block my sight.
Two great experiences.

Vertigo will probably cause some pain in the neck.

DO THEY HAVE 2 SETUPS THERE'S NO WAY THERE GOING TO GET THAT LOT DOWN IN BRUSSELS on THE 10th AND BACK UP IN GERMANY BY THE 14th.

The stage needs to be in a high position otherwise people who were in the back wouldnt see crap because of your big heads!

We are talking about 15000 people behind the first row seats...

Squire said:
The stage needs to be in a high position otherwise people who were in the back wouldnt see crap because of your big heads!

We are talking about 15000 people behind the first row seats...

It was a simple question, but thanks for the riveting insight :wink:

and oh momma! :drool:

cmb737 said:

So much for my hopes of the ellipse being gone. Oh well! :wink:

Maybe those are just the B-stages? But I agree, it does sort of look like the ellipse. Let's hope they don't join those two bits together. :drool:

Lukeskywalker said:
DO THEY HAVE 2 SETUPS THERE'S NO WAY THERE GOING TO GET THAT LOT DOWN IN BRUSSELS on THE 10th AND BACK UP IN GERMANY BY THE 14th.

I get this feeling they are taking their time in Brussels. The stage will probably be able to be put up and taken down much quicker than this.

By the way, caps lock is your friend but don't abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom