MERGED--> ALL European Stage, Lighting & Production Discussions + Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neilz said:
I'm wondering what the black shadows are :huh:

Looks like stairs to me! But that would mean that these photo's are just of a small part of the screen...

I think it's just one of the screens that are above PAs...

andyuk said:
yeah could mean the red backdrop intro for streets with the big lights hitting in! hope they bring this back for streets! i feel it lost a little bit from leg 1 versions of the song

Yes PLEASE, bring the red light back for Streets! :drool:

TheEdge1987 said:
2005-06-07-01.jpg

There you have it! The ellipse being build...

The screen looks awesome by the way!

*dies of envy*

Oh, how I wish I'd been able to talk my friend into the concert in Rome. Silly boy didn't want to "waste all day" waiting in line for a stadium show and I deferred to his "better" judgement. :banghead:

Very cool. It looks more as an ellipse than a bomb shelter with two B-stages in this phase though... but what the hell do I know anyway?

Interesting that they lowered the lower screen behind the band... In between the upper and lower stage there are some big ass lights... Also allong the inner sides of the PA and the ramps allong the PA...

It becomes more impressive by the day :drool:

Neilz said:
Interesting that they lowered the lower screen behind the band... In between the upper and lower stage there are some big ass lights... Also allong the inner sides of the PA and the ramps allong the PA...

It becomes more impressive by the day :drool:

The problem is that if they're going to biuld this stage so long every time they will need at least 3 of them to be able to play some dates...

Neilz said:
Interesting that they lowered the lower screen behind the band... In between the upper and lower stage there are some big ass lights...

That is strange... probably some last minute changes... but Yeah!:drool: those lights look like :drool: :drool: :drool:

bathiu said:

That is strange... probably some last minute changes... but Yeah!:drool: those lights look like :drool: :drool: :drool:

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they can move up and down like this screen from ElevationTour:ohmy:
(to make those light even stronger)

:drool:

bathiu said:

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they can move up and down like this screen from ElevationTour:ohmy:
(to make those light even stronger)

:drool:

Very much possible!

15708221283.jpg

Notice all the extra lighting hidden in the back... Especially the purple ones are huge!

you can see the cables that move them up and down if you look close... must be costing them a packet for this!

bazza said:
you can see the cables that move them up and down if you look close... must be costing them a packet for this!

There were rumors in some UK paper that the cost is even bigger than from PopMart...

those new screens and lights would be costing easily $5-10m US (and they would have prob 2 or 3 sets of them...)

bathiu said:

There were rumors in some UK paper that the cost is even bigger than from PopMart...
The stage itself may indeed cost more...

Only the Popmart screen was developed and owned by U2... This stage is build from rented parts (the screen is probably rented from Bargo)

yeh true - would all be leased equipment...

that photo from klappie was great showing the close up...klappie any more???????

Wow. This looks really like Elevtion is meeting Popmart, when they move up and down. like to see the walkway being there.

Gosh, I can't wait!!!!

are they gonna be b stages? or will they now be forming an ellipse?

willie did say b stages so hopefully it will still be 2 b stages, which i think i would prefer, reminds of off popmart

hmmm, I wonder if the screen is actually going to be very high res, or low res...

I also wonder what those cut outs are in the screen.

What I think is going to be amazing is that the structure will act as a video screen, but also as a surface to reflect light off of.

Willie must be having a field day with his new toy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom