MERGED-->All ETS Questions, Experiences, Etc. Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt_tx00

The Fly
Wierd question about ETS packages and GA

I noticed that quite a few of the ETS packages offer GA tickets with their package which makes them kind of tempting. However, if you read the "fine print", it says that you have to go to their selected meeting place on the day of the show to receive your tickets, and that they don't shuttle you over to the venue until like 1-2 hours before the show. I called one of their customer service reps and he said that indeed, you have to wait until the party (~3 hours before the show) to get your tickets.

So my question is, if you purchase an ETS package with GA tickets, do you end up stuck in the back of the line since you arrive so late in the day? Or do they let you go toward the front of the line.

If you're stuck in the back, then it seems like these packages are a ripoff at least for GA tix.

That's crap. From my experience on Elevation, ETS sent out the GA's in advance. The shuttle left only a few hours before, but you were free to find alternate transportation if you wanted, and you had your tix in-hand months in advance.

it's not crap. That was thier policy in Atlanta for the 2nd leg of Elevation. You didn't get your tickets until 3 hours before thw show. Picked them up at a bar, then you could use the shuttle or get there yourself. As for where you get on the floor it just depends on the line in the partcular city. We got right to the tip of the heart but that was very late in the tour.

ETS Tickets..

Has anyone used ETS yet on this tour? I'm curious to know where the seats were. I am using them for 1 NJ show and just wanted a little insight on seating.

experience with concert caravans/ETS

Hope I did the right thing...It was $405 for 2 GA's, bus transportation, "nite out event with party food and prize giveaways". I bought the "ETS guarantee" so I could transfer it to someone else if I didn't use it and had it shipped to my house instead of printing out the voucher, so I'd have a hard copy.

Does anyone have experience with this? I hope it'll be worth it.

This way we won't have the hassle of driving and parking and we'll be able to party with other U2 fans...

Last edited:
Last tour I bought an ETS Elevation LA GA ticket but i didn't
make it to the show.

I sent an e-mail ASAP so other friend can pick up my ticket
just let them know that and givethem their full name of your friend.

That's all

Well I did not do the bus caravan thing, But I did use ETS during the Elevation tour. They were very professional, well run, and the ticket locations good. If the party thing is not going well, get your tickets and move along!

Are ETS parties any good?

Has anyone here ever been to an ETS pre-show party either on the Elevation Tour or the last 2 weeks?

What can people expect? What's the turnout like? What's the entertainment like? Is it expensive? Do you get any party favours?

Although I know many people buy the packages for the tickets, I don't think I've known anyone to actually go to the party.

Doing some research, any feedback would be appreciated!

:wink:

Elevation Tour - ETS Las Vegas was at the Hard Rock Hotel; pre- and post-concert party at Hard Rock Cafe (same property) with to and from transportation to event....the party was great...we were very shy and we didn't get to meet EVERYONE who is anyone that was there........take advantage of it! :up:

I'm not so sure about this tour's ETS.....

I also bought ETS party packages...have the same question...posted previously without much of a response...

I'll give you my experience from the one ETS party I attended during the Elevation tour:

Don't expect dinner...they serve buffet style finger foods as in buffalo wings, mini quesadillas, etc.

The one I went to had U2 trivia games and U2 DVD's playing on all the TV monitors..and that was about it. I know this tour they have tribute bands playing so that might spice it up a bit. Unless you know other people that are going, its pretty much like going to a bar that happens to be full of U2 fans.

Mrs. Edge and Cydewaze went to one in San Diego and said it was okay...they said they met some nice people and watched a tribute band...the finger food was a surprise to them as well.

If you are going as part of a ticket package, its probably a good deal but at $40 US per person for the party alone, probably not worth the money.

Bono's American Wife said:
I'll give you my experience from the one ETS party I attended during the Elevation tour:

Don't expect dinner...they serve buffet style finger foods as in buffalo wings, mini quesadillas, etc.

The one I went to had U2 trivia games and U2 DVD's playing on all the TV monitors..and that was about it. I know this tour they have tribute bands playing so that might spice it up a bit. Unless you know other people that are going, its pretty much like going to a bar that happens to be full of U2 fans.

Mrs. Edge and Cydewaze went to one in San Diego and said it was okay...they said they met some nice people and watched a tribute band...the finger food was a surprise to them as well.

If you are going as part of a ticket package, its probably a good deal but at $40 US per person for the party alone, probably not worth the money.

Oh, so they have been the ones throwing the party the night before. How can we find out where they are located? I might want to go to one of them.

Someone from the band came out and gave the first 10(#2 here) or so people in line for GA tickets at San Jose on of the pre-party shirts. Their pretty cool with funny caricatures of the band.

thx.

In my experience it was kind of a bust. Good intentions, but ultimately felt like a way to sell a ticket at a higher price.

Not trying to be negative but realistic.

A better question is this:

Are the tickets they actually give you for the show any good? Like - if you buy the $160 tickets through ETS and pay twice the price - do you get the sections right by the stage??

Our ETS tickets for Vegas in 2001 were good but not quite as good as I expected them to be for the price. The tickets I got through Propaganda were much better.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

$40 is very steep for munchies and a tribute band...what are the prizes like?

Are people really interested in seeing a tribute band so close to the real thing? Methinks not so much.

What does everyone here typically do before and after a U2 concert? Go for dinner near the venue then home to bed afterwards? Out for drinks? How would you want to extend the "high" if you could?

My experience from last tour... .. people ran in and got their tickets and left. Not much of a party was going on.

Has anyone ever used the ETS tour package system, please read and help

It says that for 159.00 you receive a GA Floor ticket, and also are invited to a pre-party before the show, all this for 159.00 tight now I cant buy two GA's for less than $400.00. I would like to hear your opinion on ETS and if any of you have used them beofre it would be great to hear about it, it looks like they are my only way to see the show in Tampa this year at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Re: Has anyone ever used the ETS tour package system, please read and help

miketzoo said:
It says that for 159.00 you receive a GA Floor ticket, and also are invited to a pre-party before the show, all this for 159.00 tight now I cant buy two GA's for less than $400.00. I would like to hear your opinion on ETS and if any of you have used them beofre it would be great to hear about it, it looks like they are my only way to see the show in Tampa this year at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Make sure those bronze tickets are still available. I was disappointed to learn that GAs for New York on Nov. 22nd are no longer available, even though the ETS site lists them as being so.

Click the "Buy Now" button, and you will see if a certain package is sold out. When I did so for the pre-concert party bronze GAs for Nov. 22nd, the page that came up said the tickets were either sold out or unavailable at that time.

I hope the bronze GA option is still available for you!

Last time, I was very wary of tour packages and shunned them. I got tickets from an online broker and found my own motel. A girl I met in a GA line had used the tour package from u2tours.com and got a much better hotel than I did, plus a fan meeting dinner party, and her package was not much more than I had spent for the ticket and lodging. I guess some of them are on the level after all.

Last edited:
I noticed as the dates have approached that ETS has added approximate seat locations for each of the package deals. For instance, Philly 5/22 a Platinum package will get you seats in Sections 114 or 124. These are really great seats. If you're willing to pay the premium, this looks like the real deal.

I didn't use the ticket service, but I went to the pre-party in Vancouver and it was fun! That was a better party though, because BP Fallon and Elevation were both there. Not all parties are the same.

Also, the girl who molested Bono on stage was at the pre-party, so if she got her tix through ETS they can't be all bad!

I used ETS twice in 2001. Once for 6/9 Boston, the other for 10/12 Montreal.

ETS was reliable for tickets on both occassions. I received my GA tickets exactly as I was promised.

I had set something up with them for GA's before U2 asked them to give up the Leg 1 GA's. I would have had no issues with using them again.

In Boston, I didn't attend the party. I was in and out to get my tix. In Montreal, I did sit down with some friends. They had U2 trivia and gave away a few guaranteed spots in the heart. The buffet wasn't all that great. Just a lot of pick food. But, if you're just looking for an appetizer and some fun before the show, it's not a total waste.

dave

If you can get GAs through ETS....get them....it's the best way to get the tickets if you didn't have any luck through Ticketmaster or U2.com...

I've had only good experiences with ETS' GAs.

You have to wonder about the "U2 Choo Choo" listed under Trip Promos. The link doesn't mention anything else about it, but I bet it would've been fun! If I were going to any more shows, I'd definitely go through ETS. The markup isn't that bad, and I've only heard good things about them.

I have tickets with them for NJ 1 in 2 weeks. I want to know how good people's seats have been..

I also got GA tickets with ETS and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to go in, pick up the tix, and leave without staying for the party because I'm planning on staying in line...If anyone knows, let me know!

onebloodonelife said:
I also got GA tickets with ETS and I'm wondering if it's possible for me to go in, pick up the tix, and leave without staying for the party because I'm planning on staying in line...If anyone knows, let me know!

Yes. I've used ETS on several dates this tour and on the Elevation tour. You can pick up the tickets at the beginning of the time listed for the party and I've actually arrived a while before the party begins (while they're setting up) and gotten my tickets. They don't care if you stick around or not.

If your visiting the states from the EU ETS is a great option due it’s convenience and the currency conversion but not so hot if you reside in Australia or Canada because the packages are priced in $US. I personally think for those that reside in the US the packages are a bit pricey for what you're actually getting especially when you add airfare and meals. I’ve been able to get as good or better accommodations and tickets on my own for less money. Living in NYC and having 20+ concert dates within driving distance on the I-95 corridor between D.C. and Boston helps save money too. I just wish I could see them all. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom