MERGED-->All ETS Questions, Experiences, Etc. Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got GA from ETS for New York in fall...compared to what you pay for a tix like that to scalpers it's definitely worth it!! And at least, you can be a 100% sure that the tix aren't fakes...

Btw, it seems as if they don't put all their tix on sale at a time, when I checked 3 weeks ago, no GA for New York were left, but last week I was able to score one :).

Last edited:
Westport said:

Yes. I've used ETS on several dates this tour and on the Elevation tour. You can pick up the tickets at the beginning of the time listed for the party and I've actually arrived a while before the party begins (while they're setting up) and gotten my tickets. They don't care if you stick around or not.

I think it's just an attempt to make sure (most of) the tix go to fans and not to scalpers.

That's also the reason why they don't tell you the location of the seats for the premium and gold packages.

I think for some places its definitely worth it - I mean for NYC any of the ETS packages may be the "cheapest" method of getting anywhere near the stage. But for some of the smaller cities like St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta, or Buffalo you're definitely better off getting your tickets off e-bay or somewhere else.

For GAs, the package is definitely worth it with the only drawback being that you have to wait until late in the day to get the tix.

What's the ETS U2 package like?

Looking for some feedback on buying an ETS U2 package deal(pre-party, shuttle and GA ticket)? Is it cool? A pain in the butt if all you want is the ticket?

Think I've got to break down and get a bronze package to secure a GA ticket, but would love any advice or thoughts about it.

Ok...I found some other forums covering the topic. I went ahead and bought a package and feel SOOOOOO MUCH better that I know I'm definitely going with GA tickets and that I didn't have to deal with an eBay anxiety. Yeah!:applaud:

Hi there,
I recently went to the philly 2 show, thru ETS. Your lucky if you are able to get the GA seat with them. When I booked 4 months ago I could only choose seating sections. (I would of preferred GA like most) but the pre party was pretty good. They took us to a Irish pub in philly called FADO's. They provided the food, and some free drinks. (soda, etc). Some alcoholic samples were included, but if you wanted a beer you had to pay for it. Anyway, the other highlights were: they had a live band which played some U2 songs, and they had big TV screens with U2 videos playing. The neat part of the trip was it was kind of a gathering of other U2 fans from various areas meeting at this pub, before the concert. This turned out to be fun. They had prize giveaways. You had to answer questions in regards to the band. They gave prizes like posters, shirts and hats away. The shirts and hats were from the absolute company, but the poster was a vertigo poster. The night I was there, they had a mystery guest, and it happen to be Bono's cousin, he is apparently involved with the Fado's in Chicago and was here to see the Philly show. So that was cool!
So I would say with GA and the pre-party, you should'nt go wrong. I would do it again.......but would hope: like you I have GA in my hands....... Hey have a good time!:dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
thanks for feedback! did you go alone with an ETS package or with others? my husband isn't as big of a fan as I am and when I told him that I'm going to see them come hell or high water, he said that's cool but he's not shelling out more than the price of ticket for himself. so i said that's cool...i'll go by myself. think it might be kind of cool so i can just totally absorb the concert. but it's always nice to have someone to be excited. i'm just so friggin' happy that i have a GA. I've never had one for U2, but I've only seen them twice. at what point do they tell you where the pre-concert party will be?

When I went to the show, I had 3 other friends with me, one is a diehard U2 fan like myself, and the other 2 were seeing them for the first time. I ended up having a great time, just being there was a thrill.
I noticed we had a couple people who were by themselves on our trip. My friends and myself made them feel at home, we kind of all buddied up and had a great time. So if you go alone, I'm sure you'll still have a great time. (You'll be with other U2 pals)
I thought everyone seemed to be there, for a great time.
I really could not of asked for a more enthusiastic, friendly, cool bunch.

The GA tickets are a great added bonus, way cool!!!!
You'll have to let me know the details when you get back.

Any ETS Tour experiences?

For those of you who used ETS Tours to book your U2 ticket, how was the experience? Do you have to stick around for the whole pre-show party, or can you just drop by and pick up your tickets?

I am thinking of using ETS Tours, but not for U2; I was fortunate enough to get U2 tickets for Toronto on Ticketmaster. However, Ticketmaster gave me nothing but problems when I tried to get tickets for Coldplay in Toronto. I see that ETS Tours has a Coldplay pre-show party package, which might be a better alternative to Ebay.

I've heard good things about ETS actually. Most people just drop by and pick up their tickets.

I bought the GA ticket for the Portland show from ETS.

ETS packages

Does anyone know if you get a GA through ETS if they will give you the ticket ahead of time, like at least a day before so you can in get in line with everyone else. B/C if you can then for $160 it would be a bargain for some cities.

I have a ticket ordered through ETS for Barcelona. I booked ages ago and I have heard nothing since, other than initial confirmation. Tickets are to be picked up at a pre show party.

My friend is using ETS for Rome so all will be revealed. Watch this space. They did say a pack would come nearer the time.

In the US you pick them up day of the show. Usually at 4pm. I've heard of people picking them up a little earlier.

In my experience, most use ETS as a bit cheaper way of getting a hot ticket...and blow off the preshow party and transportation. There are some that do it...but most (including ETS) know what the deal is.

They are, however, very reliable...so those of you that are using them shouldn't worry.

ETS has been a great deal for me before. I went to a vertigo show using them and it was great. Fantastic seats. Good luck.

I've just bought ETS GA for MSG in October, it was the only way to get a GA for less than $300!

"Headache in a suitcase" can you tell me where the pre-show party was? is it close to MSG? because i will be in line and I dont want to leave the line for too long.

Reviews on ETS parties/servies/hotel servies/et al?

Hey guys.

I'm thinking of purchasing a packages through ETS (which is because it's the only outlet I can find for the Dallas show that has tickets where I can afford them and that I actually believe has the tickets). But being a.) a first-time ETS buyer and b.) a first-time concert goer, I wanted to make sure they have a good reputation for having the tickets they promise andjust get a sense of what their events are like.

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I can't offer a review of ETS, although I did purchase ETS platinum for one of the October NYC shows.

However, for Dallas and Houston shows, I would recommend holding out until the week of the show if you can manage to wait that long. The brokers still have TONS and tons of tickets for these two shows and they will be unloading them for cheaper and/or releasing them to Ticketmaster at the last minute. I just can't believe how high the prices are for these two shows right now - its ridiculous.

If you don't wanna wait - ETS is probably worth it.

There’s only one show in each city and the tickets might actually be more expensive closer to the concert date, remember NIN is playing the AAC too and though I love the band they aren’t close to being on U2’s level. $150 for a GA and pre-party is a bargain and I don’t see you being able to get them for less and personally I’d like to have the tickets in hand without having to scramble at the last minute dealing with scalpers, eBay, etc. ETS is a class operation and you won’t have any problems.

Re: Reviews on ETS parties/servies/hotel servies/et al?

I purchased GA from them in 2001 and Platinum for them in Boston in May, and it was flawless. Good communication, easy pick-up and the Platinum seat was excellent. I'd do it again if I had to.

Re: Reviews on ETS parties/servies/hotel servies/et al?

Kritter471 said:
Hey guys.

I'm thinking of purchasing a packages through ETS (which is because it's the only outlet I can find for the Dallas show that has tickets where I can afford them and that I actually believe has the tickets). But being a.) a first-time ETS buyer and b.) a first-time concert goer, I wanted to make sure they have a good reputation for having the tickets they promise andjust get a sense of what their events are like.

Thanks in advance!

I have GAs booked with ETS for Barcelona, 7th August. I am getting a bit worried as I haven't heard anything from them since booking in April (except for initial confirmation). I want to know what time the pre show party is as tickets have to be picked up there and I might not get a decent spot.

gas panic said:
Hey 1stOne im going to Barcelona through ETS and all ive had is my Invoice as well. ive emailed them many times and recieved no reply.
Omigod!! gas panic I think we should panic:scream: My friend is going to Rome with ETS on the 23rd of this month. She hasn't heard anything either. They said a package would arrive in advance of the date with details. I've read positive reports about them on this site, so they must exist. Where are you travelling from? See you at the party.

gas panic
I just checked the ETS site. It says the pre show party starts at midday/1pm so that should be OK. I've been checking the seating plan. I hoped there would be GA unreserved seats, but it doesn't say so. No shelter from the sun either.

I bought a platinum package from ETS for Dublin 1 & 2. It wasn't flawless, but I would probably use them again. They aint cheap, however.

The tickets for Dublin 1 were somewhat disappointing (first row, upper balcony, mid-pitch). I guess I expected better tickets with the platinum package. Some people complained, and ETS "ugraded" many of us for Dublin 2 (lower level, row 8, mid-pitch). No complaints about those seats. The tickets for each show were handed out mid-day the day of the show (not when we arrived, as indicated).

The hotel they put us in was very nice (Westbury). Almost every local Dubliner said it was the best hotel in town.

Some of the other things advertised, like an organized pub crawl, did not happen. But I wasn't too concerned with that.

Back
Top Bottom