MERGED--> ALL Discussion of U2 tickets on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
ebay

I did not participate in this morning's ticket fiasco. I'm waiting for the 3rd leg, hopefully U2 will be playing somewhere closer to my town. It's sad to hear about all the problems everyone had. What's really sad is seeing on ebay about 60 entries for people selling Vertigo tour tickets at a jacked-up price! Pathetic! It just makes me angry diehard fans who's intentions when they purchase tickets is to actually go to the concert, lose out on tickets to greedy punk asses who's only intention is to make a fast buck.:madspit:

Sorry, but your presale code is only good for the first two legs of the tour.

Oh, you didn't know? Well, It was in the fine print. You should have seen it.

EBay tix on sale for $1,995/pair. GREAT DEAL!!!

Go to EBay and search U2 Wachovia (this is the Philadelphia venue). You can get a pair of tix for only $1,995. That's right, yours for only $1,995.

What if angry U2 fans bid on all these EBay tix and outbid the highest bidder and f*cked up the entire EBay U2 ticket scam system. Of course, they won't buy any of the tickets. If they were to do this everyday through concert time, they'd really mess these mf'ers up.

Let them try and sue people for failure to pay illegal prices for tickets.

38 auctions on ebay.co.uk this morning 125 now

AT LEAST WE KNOW WHERE THE TICKETS THAT DID MANAGE TO GET SOLD WENT WELL DONE U2.COM AND TICKETMASTER YOU FUCKWITS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's one nutjob selling something like eighty tickets.

I hope that if anyone sees these scalpers crossing the street, they don't brake. Hit the accelerator.

Re: EBay tix on sale for $1,995/pair. GREAT DEAL!!!

TheBonofactor said:
Go to EBay and search U2 Wachovia (this is the Philadelphia venue). You can get a pair of tix for only $1,995. That's right, yours for only $1,995.

What if angry U2 fans bid on all these EBay tix and outbid the highest bidder and f*cked up the entire EBay U2 ticket scam system. Of course, they won't buy any of the tickets. If they were to do this everyday through concert time, they'd really mess these mf'ers up.

Let them try and sue people for failure to pay illegal prices for tickets.

Did you report him? If not, why not?

every just bid 100,000 grand, you will always outbid everyone else! lol see hes changing 20 bucks for postage too, plus 6% tax if you live in new jersey!

Dear U2.com members,

My Interference handle is Hef4u2, and my U2.com handle is mailjeff.

I have followed the band for the last dozen years, been to all the concerts, bought the albums, and been a good fan.

I like you have helped give them the great life they tell us about.

But like you, today we were all cheated on the promises for our U2.com memberships.

This should have never happened. I know we all feel cheated and betrayed.

It is now time for us to do something as a collective, a group action. Just as Martin Luther King would advocate, power to the people.

Corporate snobs like Ticketmaster need to be stopped.

Here is our chance to do so.

We have to unite together in voice so loud that we cannot be silenced.

But we all are disconnected, in different parts of the country, different parts of the world.

However, we have the Internet to connect us all together.

The whole world hooked up to one little cable.

Five people have responded to my post ready to do something, anything.

A class action lawsuit has been mentioned, we need legal advice as to what are our rights in this case might be.

Any suggestions or opinions need to be given and turned into action.

Five needs to turn into ten, twenty, thirty, thousands of fans that were betrayed today.

My email is mailjeff@comcast.net, my handle is hef4u2

Respond back to join a petition to right this wrong.

I emailed the "contact" whatever it is on U2.con and told them the whole story, but I put what solution I would find equitable, and this of course after an apology, we are valuable people not only as fans but as humans, Bono always speaks up for human rights, we have them too. If they released appropriate tickets, which they could do, so that everybody would have an opportunity to use their "code" and get tickets in a normal manner, we would probably end up happy. If they cannot do that they need to refund the money to all of us who bought our fan club memberships based on their "advertising" if they oversold fan club memberships based on what actual tickets they were going to release, then they need to refund our money, and probably add something to that refund for what we have gone through today.

Its F-ing disgusting!

I just went to ebay and saw a whole bunch of f-ing scalpers selling tickets for like up to 7 times their original price!!! its fuckers like these that grab a ton of seats and rob real loyal fans out of a show so that they can later rob someone else out of a whole bunch of money cos they know they are desperate to see U2. and the worst part scalpers are not fans and they get the tickets! One guy had a buy it now auction for 2 GA tickets at 775.00 WTF is all that about? another guy had four GA tickets for US shows which is to my understanding they can only get 2 tickets so maybe they cheated the system and got two acounts?? and he was selling his for 400 for 2 and another 400 for the other 2. I swear to god i hope that they all get cought and go to jail then they rot in hell!! this pisses me off as much as this one guy who stole money from the tsunami reliefe. Its just wrong!

MrBrau1 said:

I reported him for selling tickets to a concert over face value. Mybe if everyone here did the same he'd be reomove from the site. Beats the hell out of bitching and doing nothing.

Sadly, I looked at E-Bay's ticket policy.

As long as you do NOT live in the state where the ticketed event takes place, there are no restrictions.

The "face value" thing appears to only matter if you live in the same state as you are buying or selling. :down:

What I'd really like to know is how exactly all these freakin people that are selling on Ebay got those damn tickets.

B

Don't bid on them. Then the price goes down, and you can purchace later at a lower price. I remember GIVING away tickets for Popmart. Literally stanting inside the gate, hand outside the fence waving a ticket. Made some girls day.

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH FANFARE 1-800-615-1324.

THEY BLAME TICKETMASTER FOR THE PROBLEM.

THEY DID TAKE DOWN MY INFORMATION, I ASKED FOR A REFUND OF MY $4O FOR THE U2.COM MEMBERSHIP

Re: Its F-ing disgusting!

dabiggestu2fan said:
I just went to ebay and saw a whole bunch of f-ing scalpers selling tickets for like up to 7 times their original price!!! its fuckers like these that grab a ton of seats and rob real loyal fans out of a show so that they can later rob someone else out of a whole bunch of money cos they know they are desperate to see U2. and the worst part scalpers are not fans and they get the tickets! One guy had a buy it now auction for 2 GA tickets at 775.00 WTF is all that about? another guy had four GA tickets for US shows which is to my understanding they can only get 2 tickets so maybe they cheated the system and got two acounts?? and he was selling his for 400 for 2 and another 400 for the other 2. I swear to god i hope that they all get cought and go to jail then they rot in hell!! this pisses me off as much as this one guy who stole money from the tsunami reliefe. Its just wrong!

How do they get all their tickets? All I wanted were two tickets, and they have a ton of them? Is there some sort of inside deal going on?

Worse yet, do you assume that all of the ebay 'auctioneers' / 'profiteers' even have the tickets? I'm assuming that some tickets "for sale" still have to acquired -- but go ahead and "bid with confidence".

The tickets on eBay

Why has nothing been done about these yet? Its because of people like this that a lot of you didn't get tickets yesterday.

Its because of this that scalpers have an even easier life than they used to. They can run their business from their home and not even have to get out of bed anymore.

Will u2.com or TM track these people down and not issue their tickets? Hmmm, let me think about that for a minute.

This is something that TM and u2.com CAN do something about. But they obviously choose not to.

Ebay stats...

As of 5am CST Wed., there are 970 active auctions for "U2 tickets" on Ebay alone, with hundreds more available thru the Ebay stores links. Completed items show an additional 428 auctions which have already ended, again with more in the stores. Average of 2 tix per auction, some singles & some 4 ticket blocks but most for 2 tix, that's at least four thousand fan club presale tickets sold thru Ebay. Plus the other auction sites, plus the broker sites... it's a wonder any of you guys got tickets at all. I just can't believe U2 would condone this; someone needs to get in touch with the band, someway, somehow.

C.

I think a lot of these are scalpers who don't actually have the tickets yet but plan to get them somehow. For example: K-rider, who is selling over 100 tickets on e-Bay, has none of them in his possession yet.

Just cause someone doesn't have the tickets yet doesn't mean they cannot try to sell them. It's stupid to think scalpers scooped up all the GA tickets.

Back
Top Bottom