MERGED--> ALL Discussion of U2 tickets on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2 tickets

As someone who missed the sale:no: I thought I'd look see what was going on over at Ebay and was disgusted to see the 'scalpers' are at their most vicious! I've just seen 4 tickets for Twickenham, London being advertised for £1000! I can't beleive anyone can be so cruel and heartless!

I don't usually get involved in issues that get people angry but this time I just had to speak out for those of us unfortunate enough not to get tickets. If you look on Ebay you'll find loads of tickets for sale at totally rediculous prices, (over 2000 tickets yesterday and over 1000 tickets today). I'd like to know how these 'creeps' got hold of tickets in the first place seeing as they're like gold dust to get hold of. I think U2.Com ought to look into this disgusting 'ripping off' of ordinary folk and take them to court!!:angry: :angry: It's not on and it should be stopped!

Ok, going now. I've vented my feelings. Hope you don't mind...

Lets hope they make it sooner rather then later. It looks like they've sold most of the UK tickets to ppl who don't want to see them! Someone is advertising 4 tickets for £1000 or £1045.oo buy it now. What kinda person can do such a thing? I hope they get theirs one day!!!

It is a shame, but I think these bastards will get what they deserve.

Now onto more pleasant thoughts...........
LIKE our lovely Bono---- :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm a little concerned about the idea of U2 cancelling some broker's tickets (if that is really going to happen or not is another sotry).
What about people like me who bought through a broker. I've done it from time to time before and I have no problem with it. But now I sit with 2 tickets *hoping* that the broiker I bought them from doesn't have them cancelled - then what do I do?
Is this really the right plan of attack and how does that really help the situation.
Like other people have said in these forums. I didn't join U2.com for presale tickets but does that make me less of a fan, or make my tickets any less important? Does that make it alright to, in essence, try to take my ticket away and make it available for someone else, regardless of where I bought it?
If U2.com can't make their system safe from brokers hogging the tickets - they do need to fix it - but after the fact? After many of us have purchased broker tickets and now don't know if they're any good? Would cancelling some brokers tickets really hurt the brokers anyway - would I even get a refund? Doubtful, so how is that solving the broker problem...it doesn't - all it does is leave many of us without tickets we bought legally.
They do need to redo their system of presales, but in reality to cancel broker tickets now will only anger as many people who are not U2.com members as they have already with those who joined U2.com.
Fix it yes - but fix it ahead of time and BEFORE you have problems. Screw ups happen, but you can't change that - all you can do is make sure it doesn't happen again.
Am I alone on this? What do you all think.

i just won an ebay auction for tix in chicago... got a good deal. the seats are behind the stage, but i saved like 80 bucks off the price. we'll see if the seller comes through. you can cancel payment right, if you did not receive the merchandise???

I'm looking on Ebay for tickets to the Chicago show (what other choice do I have? - I couldn't get anything from Ticketmaster). Some of the prices are outrageous, some are not-so-bad. I've noticed a lot of tickets for what appears to be the back of the stage. I've never been to a U2 show and am wondering how these seats work out. Can you see anything? Is it worth it? I'm desperate. :confused:

i know on the elevation tour, you could sit in the back and you would be able to see ok, i guess they would have video screens in case you are blocked with something.

OH MY GOD... I just got GA tickets for the May 9th Chicago show.... I hope I didn't get ripped off... Is $327 a bad deal?

norsehorse23 said:
i just won an ebay auction for tix in chicago... got a good deal. the seats are behind the stage, but i saved like 80 bucks off the price. we'll see if the seller comes through. you can cancel payment right, if you did not receive the merchandise???

You file a claim with paypal and ebay.

-Macphisto-UK said:

THat's what i like to see. Now we're thinking people.

Ebay's own terms say that tickets can only be sold for only 10% more than their face value. There words not mine.

there is ways round it eg

u2 t -shirt £500 + 2 free tickets for concert.............

You must be confused...

5318 items found for u2 tickets on Ebay... and they are all different people/companies.

Back
Top Bottom