MERGED--> ALL Damian Marley Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2wedge said:

Kimla... I think I saw you outside MSG after the 10/7 show outside waiting for the band. That was you in the yellow, right?

(oh, I saw you on stage too... right?)

Yes, that was me :hyper: It's so hard decoding screennames with real names, then putting faces with the names... Did we meet? :reject: Sorry, so many people were trying to have conversations with me all at the same time. I wasn't able to catch everyone's names.

I really enjoyed Damian Marley. Something totally different from other front acts.

And Flag Boy? He was the best! I want that job. That's some serious workout. :wink:

Ok. Damian Marley was alright. I really don't care for toasting, and there was a lot of that in his music. I waited till the set was over before I went to pee, but I don't think I'll buy his record.

Flag Man did rule, however. :up:

I enjoyed this opening act. Very different from the norm but still better than the first leg. It got me excited for U2! So I was a happy person!

I enjoyed Damian. Certainly better than Kings of Leon. Of course, the biggest crowd reaction was to Bob Marley's "Could You Be Loved," which is unfortunate, but understandable. The best (original) song is probably "Welcome to Jamrock," which is what plays on the main page of his website.

The set did make me want to travel to Jamaica or hear some good steel drums somewhere.

I really enjoyed Damian Marley. After seeing Kings of Leon and Keane, these guys were a breath of fresh air! I love Reggie music. I love the beat. I am so glad U2 finally took a chance on openers and got someone worthwhile.

Rastafariiiii!!!!

No one has mentioned them but the 2 women back up singers/dancers were incredible.Made me want to get back to listening to reggae again. Used to go see a local band called 'The Killer Bees' & they were great for getting the whole place up & moving.
I thought Damien Marley was a great opening band in Dallas.

Damian Marley setlist

Forgive me if this question should be somewhere else.

I was wondering if someone "in the know" could post the setlist that Damian Marley has been playing (specifically, when he played in L.A.). Thanks.

Re: Damian Marley setlist

whackjester said:
Forgive me if this question should be somewhere else.

I was wondering if someone "in the know" could post the setlist that Damian Marley has been playing (specifically, when he played in L.A.). Thanks.

did you happen to record it?

I got his setlist from the 10/16 Philly show. I doubt it has changed much in the last couple of weeks, though.

345438%3B923232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3257%3E945%3E662%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3C%3A8%3A4377%3Bnu0mrj

Damian Marley setlist...

Does anyone have or know where I can find the setlist for their opening act?? I dug some of the songs. Thanks...

I enjoyed Damian Marley much more than I was expecting. I have to be in just the right mood to dig reggae, and I was in such a super mood, I thought he was awesome. :wink:

I think everyone in this thread deserves a big hug, given that this thread started out as one of those 'will (opening act) get booed off the stage' type threads...

ONE LOVE

I can certainly say for sure that this act put me in the best mood to see U2. I hope to catch Damian again someday...

I guess U2 fans have great taste after all! :)

:up:

Back
Top Bottom