MERGED --> ALL Concert Photography/Cameras Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stick the batteries in your shoe or something. Be creative. It was NOT a very thorough search, they were just concerned with bulky things in your pockets. And I don't know how well the battery thing will work for everyone, I just know that it would have worked for my brother, had we thought of it ahead of time

-Mike

FYI--the Fleetcenter isn't banning cameras anymore. They've changed their policy to the same as all the other arenas, meaning small cameras are fine, just no SLR/detachable lenses. The security guy announced it yesterday while we were waiting in the GA line.

erin4618 said:
FYI--the Fleetcenter isn't banning cameras anymore. They've changed their policy to the same as all the other arenas, meaning small cameras are fine, just no SLR/detachable lenses. The security guy announced it yesterday while we were waiting in the GA line.

Thanks for the update. Someone had to have said something to someone for that change to have been made.

Let's hope the U2 tour management is prompt in maintaining that policy throughout the rest of the tour in every venue.

U2.com now have a "your pictures" section in the tour section.
So I think thats a HELL YES! for the cameras.

But I thing professional cameras with detacheble lenses will be stopped at the gate, as mentioned before. But I don´t know anybody who would bring that kind of thing to a rock show. (except the Reuters people of course...)

So I just received my ticket for Twick'ham on the 19th and on the ticket, it says "NO CAMERA/RECORDERS".

I'm still going to find some way of sneaking one in; anyone have any ideas?

I'm 9 months pregnant and gonna stuff it between my ample boobies! I CHALLENGE any security guard to DARE patting any part of my body!!!!!!

sarahlou said:
I'm 9 months pregnant and gonna stuff it between my ample boobies! I CHALLENGE any security guard to DARE patting any part of my body!!!!!!

Heh, that gives me an idea involving my boobies and a large jumper...:wink:

Has anyone heard if cameras are allowed in Berlin? I'm not sure if it says it on the ticket, I don't think it does, but then again the tix are in German!

small digital cameras will be allowed just like schalke so stock up on your storage and film away

Cameras in the UK?

I'm going to the Manchester show tomorrow and want to take a few pictures. Ive got a digital camera- nothing too special, but good enough. Am I going to be alright with this? or am I best hiding it somewhere (down my jeans by the sound of it :ohmy:). Any advice etc?

Thanks!

The tickets mention no cameras so I think it's best that you hide it.

I always take a coat or a shirt (cos weather) and take that off holding the camera in the sleeve while they 'frisk' me.

ALWAYS works.

'cept now when there's bound to be a security guard reading this :ohmy:

U2mixer said:
The tickets mention no cameras so I think it's best that you hide it.

I always take a coat or a shirt (cos weather) and take that off holding the camera in the sleeve while they 'frisk' me.

ALWAYS works.

'cept now when there's bound to be a security guard reading this :ohmy:

Right I will be checking your jacket tomorrow on the gate!:wink:

What happened in Manchester as regards to cameras, did they mind them obviously going in? Did the tickets say no cameras?

Manchester

TheEdge1987 said:
What happened in Manchester as regards to cameras, did they mind them obviously going in? Did the tickets say no cameras?

I went to Wednesdays and the girl the was meant to be checking didnt even check my bag and it was quite big. She asked me if I had a "profesional" camera. I had my digital camera but hardly class it as profesional so just said no and she waved me through. Some of the others were checking more carefully though.

But they dont frisk you or anything so if you want to take one just pocket it or hide it. I have been known to hide mine down my knickers before. Its a pretty safe place to hide them. No one is gonna check there for anything... id hope.

The tickets did say no cameras or recording devices.

Last edited:
I was at both Manchester shows. At the second show, I was in the elipse. I was taking loads of photos, but about 3 songs in a big security guy grabbed me and said that if U2's personal security saw me taking pictures, they would smash my camera to bits.

I thought this was very odd as there were dozens and dozens of people taking pictures and he never said anything to anyone else.

I waited till he moved away and then carried on taking snaps.

I was at both Manchester shows in the pit - each time with a camera taking pictures. I never got hassled at all by the stewards although I did seem them jump on one guy with a video camera. Luckily for him they just took the tape and let him watch the rest of the show.

I always understood that U2 themselves don't mind small digital cameras - it's "professional" SLR type cameras and Video cameras they don't like.

i don't understand why people aren't allowed taking pictures---it should be included in the price! i mean, after many many years, it's the only memory--and if a fuckin security guy jumps at you and smashes your camera---then to hell with him!!

does anyone know how hard it is to get a camera in the phillips arena in atlanta, are the security there real strict? i was wanting to take my canon eos digital but i guess that might be out of the question, maybe i could get my smaller digital in? it doesnt have a detachable lens like the other one.

Stadium policy regarding cameras

Question for everyone who went to the European gigs so far:
What's the policy of bringing cameras on the stadium?

Re: Stadium policy regarding cameras

djerdap said:

hey djerdap, here is your answer:
I went to Croke park, Dublin and the security announcement was as followed:
"no professional cameras and other professional recording equipmnet allowed at the concert"---So, practically nobody had a hard time with security because we all had usual digital cameras (be careful it doesn't have changeable(replaceable)lenses ).
That's it--you should be able to take pictures with no problems!

Absolutely no problem with small cameras. 3 UK shows and 1 US show and no one's mentioned cameras to me.

Took pix at Hampden in front of two security guys and they were not interested. Just my digital cam, nothing fancy - so I reckon you'll be just fine.

I had no problems snapping away at 3 UK concerts and at 2 of them I was right next to one of the "mini target" stages. I don't think security are that bothered really BUT I did see one guy getting pulled up for videoing at Glasgow.......he was shooting Interpol in broad daylight though!!!

I went to Gelsenkirchen. Cameras were allowed.
I actually think it has become a problem in relation to the atmosphere during the concerts.
I mean - I was in GA, and when I tried to get a good sighting of Bono or Adam, all I saw was a forest of digital cameras and mobile camera phones.
It gave me that feeling I have when I meet a bunch of japanese tourists: They are more preoccupied with collecting concrete memories, than actually enjoying the moment.
Maybe it's not a new phenomenon, but to me it is. I cannot recollect any other U2 concerts where cameras where flashed all over the place constantly.

pulle28 said:
I went to Gelsenkirchen. Cameras were allowed.
I actually think it has become a problem in relation to the atmosphere during the concerts.
I mean - I was in GA, and when I tried to get a good sighting of Bono or Adam, all I saw was a forest of digital cameras and mobile camera phones.
It gave me that feeling I have when I meet a bunch of japanese tourists: They are more preoccupied with collecting concrete memories, than actually enjoying the moment.
Maybe it's not a new phenomenon, but to me it is. I cannot recollect any other U2 concerts where cameras where flashed all over the place constantly.

good point. i was at the third dublin show near the front. I bought a digi camera recently. I took it along to the show, and after taking about half a dozen photos I started thinking "why am I doing this? i should be jumping around not trying to zoom and focus". They are a neat toy, but do not enhance the concert experience.

Originally posted by djerdap

In Amsterdam there were loads of digi cameras. No problem with security. I had my 4.0Mpixel with 10x optical zoom with me and got in without a problem.

3.2 Mpixel was allowed, if without zoom.

starsgoblue said:
I sat down today and calculated how much I have spent on U2 stuff these past 4 months and how much I plan on spending these next 4 with travel, tickets and everything else.....I nearly passed out.

I can feel your pain!!!I want to tell U2" please guys easy on our pockets" But I have a feeling Bono would just say " don't you think we are worth it :bono: :adam: :larry: :edge: And i would say "YES":reject:

Back
Top Bottom