MERGED --> ALL Concert Photography/Cameras Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, just got a brilliant idea:

Has anyone thought to sneak in an iTalk for their U2 iPod to record the show? It would certainly wouldn't have battery problems. Do you think the quality would stand up?

Y2K said:
Also, just got a brilliant idea:

Has anyone thought to sneak in an iTalk for their U2 iPod to record the show? It would certainly wouldn't have battery problems. Do you think the quality would stand up?

Someone asked that question in a music mag that I read, and the reply was that the quality really sucks.

I'm probably going to wind up calling MSG about the camera thing. I'm training it in from New Jersey. If, for some reason, they don't allow the cameras I won't have the time to train it back into New Jersey and come back just to drop a camera off in the car. I know they allow them but I can't take that chance.

brianh20 said:
I'm probably going to wind up calling MSG about the camera thing. I'm training it in from New Jersey. If, for some reason, they don't allow the cameras I won't have the time to train it back into New Jersey and come back just to drop a camera off in the car. I know they allow them but I can't take that chance.

keep us posted about that...i'm seeing them @ msg their first night (10/7) and am going by subway.

I didn't bother bringing the digital camera last night, opting for the crappy camera phone. All I can say is just bring the camera. Don't pay attention to the ticket, just bring the camera. They were everywhere, within full view, MSG allows them in, don't worry about it, just bring them.

in the boston shows they didn't care at all about cameras. they told us before we even went in that they were allowed.

karina

I'm going to the 2nd night in DC next week. If anyone goes to the 1st night please let me know how strict the MCI Center is with the cameras, it would be much appreciated! :)

Digital Cameras inside the Arena?

Just a quick question.

Do most arenas allow you to take a digital camera inside? Meaning, onto the floor with you?

Yes so long as it is not one of those professional cameras with long telephoto professional lenses. And if you can don't use flash. Lots of camera phones are used and lots of small digitals. ENJOY THE SHOW tho......don't spend the whole time trying to get good pics! Engrave the memory in your heart soul and mind!

Both MSG and Boston allowed it. 1st night at MSG they were telling people not to use them during the show on our way in but it was never enforced.

Oh yeah I know. I'm not some pro photographer or anything anyway. I only ask because I just got a free digital camera the other day (my mom works at a hotel and picks up tons of left-behind goodies). It's not too small, so I doubt I'll really even try to take any pics once the show starts. I'd like to take a bunch of photos in the GA line though, and I know that shouldn't be a problem. But maybe if it's not too much of a problem I'll take a couple during the show, between songs and such. Who knows.

Just good to know the option is there. :)

If you're going to have GA seats, they give you a full body search (or so it says). So what does that mean for your camera? I know others have given tips on what to do with them all throughout the year, but all of that advice sounded like it was coming from people with actual seats.

Any suggestions?

cdparky said:
Both MSG and Boston allowed it. 1st night at MSG they were telling people not to use them during the show on our way in but it was never enforced.

Not boston during the first leg. Prick made me hand over my batteries, and they were rechargeables too. Ahole. :(

Y2K said:
If you're going to have GA seats, they give you a full body search (or so it says). So what does that mean for your camera? I know others have given tips on what to do with them all throughout the year, but all of that advice sounded like it was coming from people with actual seats.

Any suggestions?

The smaller the camera, the easier it fits in your bum! :wink:

I've had GA three times so far and have never had a full body search, I've never even been patted down or any kind of search. Every time I walked in with nothing but my digicam (which is pretty big) strapped over my shoulder. :shrug:

the second leg of boston they told us before we went in that you could bring in cameras, no problem...

too bad i had only brought a throw away camera instead of my nice digital..thus no good pics...

oh well, AMAZING memories.

karina

Utoo said:

The smaller the camera, the easier it fits in your bum! :wink:

:lmao:

I saw someone at my daughter's school today with some sort of Sony digital camera. It was just a little bit bigger than a creditcard. My husband said he thinks it takes video as well. It looks so cool and compact! :(

Back
Top Bottom