MERGED--> All Brussels Rehearsals Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:
yep, 6 hours

I guess I could have just looked under the soul wait's avatar :reject: :lol:

I hope it's a quiet afternoon at work Friday :shifty:

Kelly and my other setlist party friends, I am soooo very sad that I will not be able to attend the setlist party (if there is one) live on Friday. I work from 3 to 7 pm EST, and will have no access to a computer!!!

No :hyper: :hyper:

Just :( :(

I don't mean t be negqtive but, no An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart? :sad: I was really hoping they would keep playing it. We still have time, mybe they will rehearse it tomorrow or later. At least they rehearsed The Electric Co. :drool:

Dangit, I missed a rehearsal party. :(

Oh well, so long as I'm here Friday afternoon!

i wonder if they'd do crumbs into electrical storm? i mean the melodies are so similar they could pull it off

This is good and bad news...great Crumbs and Electrical Strom might make it into the setlist :hyper:

Bad news is...i won't be able to make the setlist party Friday:sad:
Sure i will be near a computer...but Friday afternoon is usually pretty busy at work...:scream:

Anyhoo have fun!...and i'll try and sneak a peak on Friday...2 more days!! :hyper:...can't wait...:)

damn work - it always gets in the way :madspit: :wink:

and what was I thinking scheduling a hair appt. Friday afternoon. Oh wait, the show may be over by that time, since I'm on the west coast.

Damn work! :madspit:

Well, to keep the tunes from BOY and OCTOBER in the setlist(s) would be great, even more to switch them from night to night - and add tracks like "Out Of Control", "I Will Follow", "October" or "Twilight" ( the latter two - let's just imagine, okay?) to this rotating system.
For me, the couple "An Cat Dubh", "Into The Heart" has always been one of the big live moments in U2's history. And so it has proved in NJ 1 and NYC, too, where the band delivered beautiful versions of these tracks.
But: We still don't know anything in detail at the moment. The band rehearsals with Bono yesterday pointed at the "well-known" (though great) songs from the 1st leg. Maybe we get to know more tonight - but surely tomorrow with one of the most interesting tour opening shows ever, I guess: Will they play the same basic setlist as in the US? Will they vary? And if "yes", which tracks do they chose to skip or to add? How is the gig working in large scale? Does the band feel comfortable on stage - and us in front of it? So, we'll see soon ...

U2girl said:
According to u2log.com:
the band (without Bono, some say without Edge) rehearsed the following song
Crumbs From Your Table (acoustic)

Does this seem a bit odd to anyone else? Aren't the acoustic songs usually just Bono and Edge anyway?

from U2achtung:

2005_06_08_img_3891.jpg

Neilz said:

Why have they changed the ramp to the left B-stage? It's different now from the right B-stage!!
actually looks abit better imo, and wow those lights :drool:

It looks like they've taken the b-stage from zoo tv and popmart and put both of them in this stage setup.

the new b-stage setup looks a bit odd to tell you the truth.. maybe its because the one that they changed doesn't have the stripes on it anymore .. not sure why they'd change it.. maybe bono doesn't like walking around curves?

Here's another pick of the altered b-stage :

2005_06_09_b-stages.jpg

bcrt2000 said:
the new b-stage setup looks a bit odd to tell you the truth.. maybe its because the one that they changed doesn't have the stripes on it anymore .. not sure why they'd change it.. maybe bono doesn't like walking around curves?
Bono is straight to the point :wink:

But seriously... A reason could be that the slope of the original walkway to the b-stage was too steep! Maybe the views for some people up front were blocked by that so they lowered the ramp and made a step down at the mainstage...

Last edited:
Any news about rehearsals today?!

Has the band already started rehearsing today???
:drool: :drool: :drool:

:lol: I don't speak a lick of French but I totally understood what the fans were saying in that video on u2achtung. It's nice to know someone's taping the rehearsals as well :D

U2eastlink.com also reported that Crumbs was played later full band... :drool:

Wow..this looks so great....I now have convinced myself to pull out the checkbook and fly to somewhere in Europe to see one of the shows!!!! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom