MERGED--> All Brussels Rehearsals Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KEVIN051269 said:

If i were a musician i would play songs on a new stage that were familiar. Get bearings, check acoustics, get a feel for the surroundings.......

Exactly, give 'em a break, it's just the first sound check for God's sake.

Ok, it's 10.30 pm here now.

Note to self : be there tomorrow around 7pm, straight after work.

Note to self-part II : bring comfy clothes.

*Ally* said:

i would guess 6... that's the difference b/w NY and Paris... belgians, can you help us out? :wink:

Blank stare :ohmy: I think 5-6 hours time-difference, yes.
When I was in LA, it was an 8-hour time-difference...
Can't be bothered to google it, lol.

According to u2log.com:

Rehearsing
On Wednesday afternoon after arriving at the stadium the band (without Bono, some say without Edge) rehearsed the following songs according to the U2achtung.com team:

Vertigo
Until The End Of The World
Out Of Control
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Love And Peace Or Else
Crumbs From Your Table (acoustic)

Around 9pm CET, the full band (with Bono) started playing again:

Vertigo / Stories For Boys
Elevation
Cry / The Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights
Crumbs From Your Table

U2tour.de says Beautiful Day, New Year's Day (bad start), New Year's Day, City Of Blinding Lights and Miracle Drug were played after Electric co full band :confused:

Last edited:
KEVIN051269 said:

East coast USA is 6hrs behind Belgium

Yep, and its 7 hours from Central Time so assuming the shows start around 9 I can spend my afternoon at work following the show.

Woohoo what a fun way to spend the summer at work.:drool: :drool:

KEVIN051269 said:

East coast USA is 6hrs behind Belgium

thanks to all the europeans for helping w/ the time conversion! so, the show should be over by... 5:30 pm EST. cool! :up:

good luck tomorrow, the soul waits! please take photos, if possible!!! :wink:

*Ally* said:

thanks to all the europeans for helping w/ the time conversion! so, the show should be over by... 5:30 pm EST. cool! :up:

good luck tomorrow, the soul waits! please take photos, if possible!!! :wink:

I will be armed and ready :wink:

atu2.com says:

Rumors suggest the band has been rehearsing songs from Zooropa and Pop since the 1st leg ended, and that there will be an acoustic set during the shows on the European tour.

What time will U2 go on Friday night? Setlist Party at work? I better start looking for new jobs right now. 5 months to Tampa!!!

YBORCITYOBL said:
What time will U2 go on Friday night? Setlist Party at work? I better start looking for new jobs right now. 5 months to Tampa!!!

9 pm brussels time will mean +6 hrs ahead of you guys, so 3 pm CET your time...

you guys are so lucky you get to have setlists during the day! :) i sometimes stayed up til 3 am or 4 am JUST that the show starts...or at 6 am (for the first couple of shows, which was fine) :wink: :|

Huh, there are some folks from u2eastlink that apparently are in Brussels for the show and they claim to have been a few of the fans that sneaked into the stadium (and were subquently asked to leave).

They are reporting that Electrical Storm was also rehearsed today (albeit not a very good rehearsal). and there are rumours that tomorrow it is possible that fans will be invited to enter for the final dress rehearsal.

This is just what they're talking about in that forum.

Tomorrow should be very interesting.

Can someone translate this (I tried on Babel but it doesn't make too much sense):

Mise à jour 23H45 : Après avoir fait un tour du stade, les membres du groupe n'étaient pas contents des 2 avancées et, notamment, de l'espace entre les 2 B-stage, Bono le trouvait trop petit. Ils ont ensuite fait une réunion et on fait démonter les 2 avancées vers 20h. Il semble donc que les avancées seront modifiées...

from freetranslation.com...

Updated 23H45: After to have taken a ride stadium, the members of the group did not be happy with the 2 advances and, notably, space between the 2 b-stage, Bono found it too small. They next did a meeting and one does to dismantle the 2 advances towards 20H. It seems therefore that the advances will be modified...

not super clear but I think we can gather that they are still adjusting the stages. I think they're adjusting the b-stages to allow more space between the ramps...maybe...

Last edited:
U2dork said:

not super clear but I think we can gather that they are still adjusting the stages. I think they're adjusting the b-stages to allow more space between the ramps...maybe...

Yeah, that's what I got from Babel. Maybe Bono doesn't want to be tempted into jumping between B stages.

Brussels Rehearsal

Band rehearses Vertigo, Elevation / Stories for Boys, The
Cry / The Electric Co. / Bullet with Butterfly Wings / I Can See For
Miles, Beautiful Day, New Year's Day (cut off early), Talking by
Bono, New Year's Day, Talk about light, City of Blinding Lights
(almost complete instrumental), Miracle Drug (Bono talks about
Belgian Chocolates), Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love
And Peace Or Else (intro only)

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back