MERGED --> All 3rd leg PRESALE comments, questions, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No tickets - THE CODE IS NOT IN OUR SYSTEM ERROR !!!

I tried to purchase NYC tickets today , but when entering my code, Ticketmaster told me , that MY CODE IS NOT IN OUR SYSTEM ! I was a Propaganda subscriber, did join U2.com fanclub early on, got the 20 $ discount. I have bought 4 tickets already in the earlier presale, but my code was now valid for two more, right ?

Please help !

Tin

got chicago ga's within a couple of minutes....excellent...U2 definitely came through for us....thanks guys!

oliveu2cm said:
WOW that was a wonderfull run presale!! What a difference!! Wowww :heart: :D
Ditto! And I was using dial-up and got booted off while trying to get tix. It was 10 min after before I finally got back on, etc. and I still had no problem getting the GAs I wanted.

I scored a GA for the Atlanta show! I'm still in shock because I didn't think I was going to be able to do it when I saw what some people were paying for tickets. I was a Prop member and U2.com subscriber and had code, so I got in! Wow!
*does happy dance*

Re: No tickets - THE CODE IS NOT IN OUR SYSTEM ERROR !!!

tincek01 said:
I tried to purchase NYC tickets today , but when entering my code, Ticketmaster told me , that MY CODE IS NOT IN OUR SYSTEM ! I was a Propaganda subscriber, did join U2.com fanclub early on, got the 20 $ discount. I have bought 4 tickets already in the earlier presale, but my code was now valid for two more, right ?

Please help !

Tin

No. A propaganda code was good for a total of 4 tickets.

Although I hae no idea how you bought 4 already since it should have only worked for 2 tickets in first leg.

2 GA's for Nov. 1 in Los Angeles. What a different experience from Jan. 26. Thanks U2 for making it right.

bonosloveslave said:
^^No idea :huh:

I am panicked about them canceling one or both of my orders if I was only supposed to be able to buy my 2 tix as a former Prop member today and yet the system allows me to buy 4...

Is anyone out there that was not a previous Prop member and didn't use their 1st presale code able to buy today? If not, that's why I'm not sure if I'm really allowed to buy that second set today instead of tomorrow - unless they are just really being nice to old Prop people -

Hmm, yeah I think you should be worried or maybe call Ticketmaster. From what I understand, the system WILL let you buy more tickets than you are allowed, they will only check the orders later, which is why they are witholding their tickets.

For the 1st pre-sale I remember some people in Europe were able to buy for more than one show, but then got their tickets cancelled by Ticketmaster.

I think for those of us who had the e-mail saying we could buy for TWO shows there is no reason to worry, but I wouldn't try if you got the e-mail that said you coudl buy for ONE show only.

oceane said:

Hmm, yeah I think you should be worried or maybe call Ticketmaster. From what I understand, the system WILL let you buy more tickets than you are allowed, they will only check the orders later, which is why they are witholding their tickets.

For the 1st pre-sale I remember some people in Europe were able to buy for more than one show, but then got their tickets cancelled by Ticketmaster.

I think for those of us who had the e-mail saying we could buy for TWO shows there is no reason to worry, but I wouldn't try if you got the e-mail that said you coudl buy for ONE show only.

I would call.

TM didn't let me look for more tickets after I already bought my two. I accidently bought for two shows one ticket a piece. In my excitement I didn't put 2 tickets but 1. And wanted to see if I could use my code to get my other ticket but clicked on the wrong DC date and got the ticket.

I would call them. They are on the ball on things because the rep I spoke to said U2 was very involved and watching the presales. The rep and her supervisor said I was ok since I didn't go over my ticket limit. Who knows, it may change? But they told me I was ok!

I have a Propaganda Code and also a U2.com Code registered under the same name and address. I just used the Propaganda code for the 1st time successfully today and got 2 sets of GA's for the L.A. shows.

If I use my unused U2.com code tomorrow for one of the same L.A. shows do I run the risk of Ticketmaster cancelling one of my ticket orders? Is this against or within the rules? Would it work different if I use the code for a non L.A. show??

roybal99 said:
I have a Propaganda Code and also a U2.com Code registered under the same name and address. I just used the Propaganda code for the 1st time successfully today and got 2 sets of GA's for the L.A. shows.

If I use my unused U2.com code tomorrow for one of the same L.A. shows do I run the risk of Ticketmaster cancelling one of my ticket orders? Is this against or within the rules? Would it work different if I use the code for a non L.A. show??

call TM and ask them!

drumkeeran said:

Question?

Did you have any trouble buying 2 tix for 2 different concerts with the same code?

Did you purchase them at the same time?

I want to know since I want to buy 2 GAs for Toronto and two seats for Buffalo, next week.

Thanks!!!

it won't be a problem at all! I bought 2 GAs to philly#1 and 2 GAs to DC#2 today. All with the same code. As long as you are a prop member who didn't use your code in the last presale you can do this. Otherwise if you did use it you can only buy 1 pair of tickets (2 total).

What about if my u2.com secret code was accidentally used to buy tickets with my sister's TM account? I had too many windows open and it was charged to her account rather than mine.... do you think that will really matter? :huh:

With everyone buying GA's, for those who got seats in lower bowls, how good were the seats? Were they close to the stage?

drumkeeran said:

Question?

Did you have any trouble buying 2 tix for 2 different concerts with the same code?

Did you purchase them at the same time?

I want to know since I want to buy 2 GAs for Toronto and two seats for Buffalo, next week.

Thanks!!!

No, I bought Houston, then Dallas afterwards, the whole thing took me about 15 min......I hadn't used the code at all the first Presale, because there were no TX dates

Xavier

peacefrogdog said:
With everyone buying GA's, for those who got seats in lower bowls, how good were the seats? Were they close to the stage?

Section 118 at Staples Center-Los Angeles. Not bad

Had a 'mini" heart attack because I wasn't getting GA's for the LA shows. But it was giving me great seats in section 118 and 113 rows 6 or 8. After 15 minutes though I did get GA's for Nov. 2 Staples. :applaud: Now I have to trade 1 for the 1st show. Not a bad delema to have.:yes:

anyone know how I can I get in touch with fanfire? been a prop member since 88 and wasn't given prop status :( tried using their contact option at u2.com, all it does is send back a faq with a general answer on the subject. i'm hoping they can update the status so i can get in early for the next batch of on sales....

I have a question.... on the REGULAR sale, is there still a 2-ticket limit 4 the GA tix?

Also, if this is the case, and I've already purchased 2 GA's for a show in the pre-sale, and then buy a single GA on Sat, does that violate that, and am I running any risks?

I think there's technically a 2-ticket GA limit per venue. If you're using 2 different credit cards, it shouldn't be a problem... or if the GAs are for 2 different shows. I wouldn't chance using the same CC on Saturday (if it's for the same show). U2 tix are never worth the risk! Good luck :)

The Disciple said:
I have a question.... on the REGULAR sale, is there still a 2-ticket limit 4 the GA tix?

Also, if this is the case, and I've already purchased 2 GA's for a show in the pre-sale, and then buy a single GA on Sat, does that violate that, and am I running any risks?

From what I have heard from TM, presale and general sale are two separate events and so you start off on a clean slate if you go into the general sale.

So you should be ok, if you have questions call them. I called the TM customer service in the DC area and they were very knew what I was talking about the Prop presale and all of that.

what did the email say?

LuminousTimes said:

My emails are sent to a work computer...So far I have only seen the text to an email sent to a u2.com/former Propaganda member who got tickets for the first leg ....Can someone post the text to a u2.com/former propaganda who did NOT get tickets for the first leg? Please.

I want to see where it says I get access to 2 sets of tickets instead of just one. Thanks.

luminous times - I was a former prop member that got tix first round. I had to call fanfire 3 times and they finally emailed me a code but it didn't say whether I'm propaganda status. What did the email say?
thanks!!!

cainz said:
anyone know how I can I get in touch with fanfire? been a prop member since 88 and wasn't given prop status :( tried using their contact option at u2.com, all it does is send back a faq with a general answer on the subject. i'm hoping they can update the status so i can get in early for the next batch of on sales....

Look at the thread that says something like "Merged - all Fanfire issues" The fanfire phone number is there. :) good luck

Back
Top Bottom