MERGED--> Additional Dates List? + Added shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryanu23

The Fly
Additional Dates List?

Sorry, if this has been covered at length, but I know there exists a list of the dates that they'll still be adding on (CA shows)...I've searched, but haven't been able to find it. I know it exists because I knew that the added San Diego show would be on the 30th and not the 29th - now I'm trying to plan out the rest, but can't seem to find the list again. Any help? Cheers and good luck to everyone with their tickets, etc.

Here are the official added dates so far

San Diego- March 30th
Chicago- May 10th
Chicago- May 12th
Philadelphia- May 22nd
Boston- May 28th
London- June 19

Expect more shows in
Anaheim
Los Angeles
San Jose
Phoenix
Seattle ?
Vancouver
Possibly Boston on May 29th.
Manchester
Dublin
Amsterdam
Milan

Why wasn't Boston 4 on either May 29th or 30th announced today???

I thought it was a no brainer, especially since they announced a 3rd and 4th show in Chicago.

Boston 1, 2, and 3 sold out in minutes.

Added shows

How quickly did they add shows today? I'd like to hit the second San Jose gig (if added) but wanted to know when to expect tickets to go on sale Sunday. Thanks!

sconti said:

I thought it was a no brainer, especially since they announced a 3rd and 4th show in Chicago.

Because the Bruins and Celtics are going to be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals and NBA Finals then.

[/snark]

example: Boston went on sale at 10:00. I think they announced the first add on around 10:10, because tickets were gone. The sale started at 10:15, so it was sometime before that.

They were announcing them immediately today. Two more Chicago dates had been added this morning by around 10:30-10:40 Chicago time. All 4 appeared to be sold out by noon.... Although it might have been sooner, I can't remember exactly. . :der:

Last edited:
sconti said:

If I recall correctly (and I don't know if I do), on the Elevation tour, Boston 1 and 2 were announced, 3 was added on as the first two sold out and Boston 4 was added some time later. Tickets went on sale for 4 a week or several weeks later I think. I don't know that that is what will happen this time but I am sort of hoping ;)

according to thefly7, 97.3 kbco in denver is reporting that a second denver show will be added, and possibly tickets will go on sale friday @10

They should sell tickets for the rollover right before the date of the concert to stifle scalpers who need time when buying and mailing out their grossly overpriced tkts.

All of the Boston shows were sold out by 10:40 EST. The Chicago shows were the worst - "your waiting time is approximately 15 minutes" over and over and could not get anything on the phones either.

njelevation06, very good point.

Or at least reserve a few thousand that the box office can then turn around and sell day-of to saturate the local demand and put the touts and their large markup in their place.

Last edited:
Just checked into something. They could add another MSG date on the 15th. The Wachovia Center is booked that day, and was moved to the 22nd, which would be the logical date for MSG 2. MSG is not booked on the 15th, and they could add a show there. If I were their manager, that's what I'd have them do.

It'd go like this:

May 14- Philly
May 15- NYC
May 17- E.Rutherford
May 18- E.Rutherford
May 21- NYC
May 22- Philly

Kind of odd, but they need to do that. I wonder if they will?

U2morrow said:

If I recall correctly (and I don't know if I do), on the Elevation tour, Boston 1 and 2 were announced, 3 was added on as the first two sold out and Boston 4 was added some time later. Tickets went on sale for 4 a week or several weeks later I think. I don't know that that is what will happen this time but I am sort of hoping ;)

I think Boston 1,2,3 were announced at once, and 4 was added later on the Elevation tour leg 1.

speedracer said:

I think Boston 1,2,3 were announced at once, and 4 was added later on the Elevation tour leg 1.

Okay maybe that was it. All I remember was being in a different location (at college vs. at home) when the 4th show went on sale.

speedracer said:

There's little standing in the way of a 4th Boston show on May 29th except no demand. And we know THAT isn't the case. Besides, the band has nowhere else to go from Boston except Europe, so once they break the stage set down after that May 29 show they might as well store it at a warehouse in Boston and use it again when they start the third leg here. I mean, why NOT store it in Boston and open the 3rd leg there???

NHChris said:

There's little standing in the way of a 4th Boston show on May 29th except no demand. And we know THAT isn't the case. Besides, the band has nowhere else to go from Boston except Europe, so once they break the stage set down after that May 29 show they might as well store it at a warehouse in Boston and use it again when they start the third leg here. I mean, why NOT store it in Boston and open the 3rd leg there???

See my previous comment about the Bruins and Celtics.

speedracer said:

See my previous comment about the Bruins and Celtics.

The only way the Bruins and Celtics are going to the playoffs is if they go watch the Red Sox or Patriots play ;-).

And besides, who are the Bruins???

Back
Top Bottom