MERGED --> ACCESS CODE FOR EUROPE - Shock!! the code works for multiple Euro venues!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

editorinchief

Acrobat
does your access code still work for europe

if you use your code for european tickets does it still work after purchase?

if you try again can you access the ticket page?

Multiple ticket purchases will be cancelled, so it doesn't make sense your code's still working.

"may" be cancelled it says

but my question was whether your code becomes invalid once you purchase tickets in europe or not.

Reading the Europe ticketing page they have all these warnings not to use your code multiple times. I wonder if they are even deactivating codes.

My code did not work when I tried again to enter it on the paris site..
I may try one of the others now though to see.

Shock!!!! the code works for multiple Euro venues!

I've just been testing and I can buy tickets for:
Paris
Madrid
Dublin

I know I won't get away with it, but if I do, i'll make them available at face value for those who could not get them...

RoelJewel said:
Multiple ticket purchases will be cancelled, so it doesn't make sense your code's still working.

I know this is weird.. I have 2 sets of confimation numbers for paris and dublin now.. it would surely be hard for them to take tickets away... After all the problems last week, it seems things have gone the other way.. I am so surprised that there are tickets left for dublin as it is...

I hope you guys are using different credit cards with different mailing addresses, because it looks like they WILL be cancelling some duplicate orders. Some other people have been saying that had they not called Ticketmaster to doublecheck, they would have lost their tickets. Ticketmaster gave them the option of changing one set of tickets to another mailing address. If you've already got seats you don't want to lose, be cautious!!

Lucy3011 said:
My code still works too. But I daren't use it again...:huh:

mine to and have been very tempted to get some for the saturday Dublin show but dont want to chance losing what I've already got for Glasgow.

Still annoying tho as if they had announced the satruday show in Dublin as being pre-sale available I would of held on for it. Friday was no good to me.

Lucy3011 said:
My code still works too. But I daren't use it again...:huh:

Yeah, I don't even want to go there. There's no need doing something I might regret later. I successfully used my code once, and that's it for me!

when you go to the european presale page, it says you can not purchase more than 4 tickets for a single show.... nothing about using your code in the US.... hmmm... so if i use my friends credit card info and address, i might get through????:ohmy:

Your code may still be working but there's a really good chance that your order could get cancelled later on. I'd vbe very careful with that because U2 really seems to be cracking down on misuse of codes, etc. You don't want to lose all your tickets.

So if i did this, thanks for the advice by the way, all my tickets would get cancelled, even the ones i got initially with the code?

ramblin rose referred to an article from U2.com basically saying that if you exceed the limit they have the right to void all of your tix. I wouldn't do it now.:ohmy:

Yeah you may have a point there, but I do find it hard to work out how they could ever track it. They are much better off spending their time getting the ticket touts who posed as dodgy U2 members to then sell the tickets at stupidly high prices on ebay.. So I have 2 extra tickets for Dublin, so what.. After all the hassle I've had like others i think I deserve them! Anyway I'll give them to friends or interference members at face value anyway

Ive used my presale code to buy 4 ga's for the Manchester show, can i book with an european ticket agency if i wanted to get tickets for Barcelona, will they get cancelled?????

im tempted but very paranoid about even attempting it. it makes me angry though that touts are probably doing this and getting away with it....

gas panic said:
Ive used my presale code to buy 4 ga's for the Manchester show, can i book with an european ticket agency if i wanted to get tickets for Barcelona, will they get cancelled?????

of course you can. You can buy tickets for all the euro dates if you want.. There would be nothing stopping you... it's only the pre sales code where you are not supposed to buy more than 4 at ANY venue..

With the pass code yes, only one show, but there would be nothing to stop you in the general sale getting tickets at different venues...

By the way the code has stopped working now!

my code just worked at the valle hovin link, but i am not going to risk getting my msg tix cancelled.

Code works more than once in Europe and I believe you can get away with it when you buy tix for shows in DIFFERENT countries.
TM UK will able to track down double bookings made for London and Manchester.

It's a whole different ballgame in other countries, because all concertpromotors run their own computer system. I cannot buy 8 tix for Denmark, but I will be able to buy 4 for Denmark and 4 for Spain.

I guess in the States all ticketsales for all shows are done by TM US. In this case they track you down....

Personally I think that U2 and TM should spend their time and effort tracking down the ticket touts instead of us, poor U2 fans, spending some extra Bucks, Pounds and Euros on a thrill of a lifetime....

TM void your tickets? and have to give you back your $300? puhhhleeeazzzeee.... u2.com may say they'll stop it but it is merely posturing... TM wants the cash and could care less about anything else... i tried to get them to cancel a second order that accidentally went through with my presale code... they said the card had beeen charged, tough luck, both pairs were my tickets but that they should be easy for me to sell.... TM will never ever cancel tickets and have to give you back a dime.... mark my words...

matt76 said:

of course you can. You can buy tickets for all the euro dates if you want.. There would be nothing stopping you... it's only the pre sales code where you are not supposed to buy more than 4 at ANY venue..
Thanks mate, ive already booked my flights and hotel for the Barcelona trip, now i just need those tickets.

i think it's better NOT to risk the multiple buying if you already have secured yourself with tickets! After all, better a bird in the cage than....
I won't try it!

Back
Top Bottom