MERGED: About 30+ fans camping out! +No GA lottery + lottery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2wedge said:
Update - both lines will go in at same time, but u2.com line will move faster (less people).everyone has equal chance of being in egg

Thanks to D 'The R stands for Rather' Ray for the scoop!

OK, so for dates that had no pre-sale, there will just be one line. I guess that doesn't seem too difficult.

Also, it's 10:30 am in San Diego and no mention of the 200 number lottery system or numbered wristbands being handed out... looks like that really must not be happening.

KentK said:

OK, so for dates that had no pre-sale, there will just be one line. I guess that doesn't seem too difficult.

Also, it's 10:30 am in San Diego and no mention of the 200 number lottery system or numbered wristbands being handed out... looks like that really must not be happening.

:yes:

Erin go bragh said:
I am just a bit disappointed that I expected to see soem genuinely thankful and excited people on here today (and there are some, don't get me wrong) but instead see more posts about peeps getting shafted.

I Think most of us are pretty jazzed up about just goin', granted there are a few who won't be satisfied no matter what, but there tends to be a lot of 'friendly' bitching going on just to kill the time 'til were at the shows...

:wink: :rockon:

tkramer said:

People will be happy tonight after the first show. This pre stuff happens for every tour and every artist. People love the band so much they get nervous about everything from line management to set lists...

I know, but why? What's there to be nervous about? Everyone on here wondering if it's two lines or one line or U2.com members first, or what if I traded my pre-sales for general sales.....why be nervous? You all got tickets for opening night to see the greatest motherfuckin rock and roll PERFORMERS (more than just a band) on the face of the planet. I'd be shittin lemons just to be included in that group (of course, shitting lemons could cause anxiety I guess).

Anyways, just trying to spurn a more 'positive' mood, at least in this thread. :)

My pre-sale tix GAs for MSG changed to N-TYPE after they verified and applied the u2.com TM fee discount.

cbradfly1 said:
The top line of text on the ticket should say "B-FAN" over the admission text. It says it on both GA's and seats that were purchased in the presale. I have MSG seats and Denver GA's and both say it. I was wondering why that distiction was being made. Now we know.

We'll have to see how it plays out it may ony mean you get in a shorter line. Not an automatic trip inside the oval.

Latest update from Ruffian:

It is already predetermined whether or not your ticket is eligible for the Ellipse or not.

The line seems only important now to determine what spot either in or out of the ellipse you can get.

The only advantage to being in the u2.com line is that it is shorter since only 300 GA tickets were sold in the presales.

Edited to say: It is now raining in San Diego.

so the U2.com members get in first, and then the other GA's, and on the dates where there was no U2.com presale tickets, then it's just one GA line? Do they need to have their U2.com membership cards with them? Has anybody actually talked to anyone in charge about what is going on there and how it is going to work? Does it mean that the # and what is said on your GA tkt determines whether you are in the Oval or not?

what would be cool is if the GA tkts sold to the U2.com members in the presale all got into the Oval.

It's raining btw, has anybody mentioned that yet? There's a storm through Tues.

Last edited:
Okay here is a dilemma for the same night we have fan GA's and Loge, which one do you sell? I guess we'll have to see exactly how the GA's go for the fan club.

I still have a 1-1/2 months to see them. It is just too much to take.

ramblin rose said:

It is already predetermined whether or not your ticket is eligible for the Ellipse or not.

The line seems only important now to determine what spot either in or out of the ellipse you can get.

The only advantage to being in the u2.com line is that it is shorter since only 300 GA tickets were sold in the presales.

:hmm: perhaps this explains why so few GA's were in the presale.

You also have to factor in that the odds are that u2.com/presale ticket fans are probably more apt to be there earlier. There could be 200 people in the u2.com line before there are 100 in the other. That 100th non u2.com person probably has a better shot at getting in the "egg" as someone in the u2.com line who got there earlier...

just a thought

ramblin rose said:

And the only determiner on the tickets is if they are pre-sale ("J-FAN", etc is printed on them)? And how can a ticket be NOT eligible for the oval? Strange...

Your ticket will be scanned twice, once to determine if it is a valid ticket and then you proceed to a second scanner to determine if it is eligible for the ellipse.

cbradfly1 said:
We'll have to see how it plays out it may ony mean you get in a shorter line. Not an automatic trip inside the oval.

My source is telling me that it is still all an even shot, just a shorter more 'convenient' line for the presale tix holders.

ramblin rose said:
Your ticket will be scanned twice, once to determine if it is a valid ticket and then you proceed to a second scanner to determine if it is eligible for the ellipse.

So is the 2nd scan where a "lottery" system comes in? Does ANYONE sitting there know if they will be in the oval or not?

If that is indeed the case that those fan club GA's get into the Oval, that is awesome, but it is also sad because brokers will now be charging an absolute fortune for them, and what we have seen to date will seem cheap.

Wow! So they scan the GA tickets, and those in the 2nd scan of it with the magic # or whatever on it get into the Oval! That is so awesome U2!

Live with U2 is so much fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom