MERGED --> 4 tickets per person??? + Quick ticketing question, can anyone help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its for all shows Robert. It applies around the world.

I was planning on getting Dublin tix tomorrow for a summer sabbatical but I have to decide between that show via Ticketbastard or trying for my local in Philly on Sat.

I think the worse part of it is it applies to the ENTIRE tour. Not just the 1st leg or 2nd leg or 3rd leg.

Smidge said:

I remember that!! Rush put a publically visible password on their website and you could phone or try Ticketline on the internet.

I was after tickets for the SECC and I ended up phoning their direct box office. Wasn't asked for any passwords and had the tickets in my hands within a week. OK, the seats weren't the best - but what Ticketline was offering before it crashed wasn't too great either.

Anyway the lesson learnt was book direct with the venue. Not that we have that opportunity now.
Hi mate

Top gig that was - I was 6th row centre - let me know if you want a copy on disc - no problem. :)

bonosleftone said:
Its for all shows Robert. It applies around the world.

I was planning on getting Dublin tix tomorrow for a summer sabbatical but I have to decide between that show via Ticketbastard or trying for my local in Philly on Sat.

I think the worse part of it is it applies to the ENTIRE tour. Not just the 1st leg or 2nd leg or 3rd leg.

No mate, it isn't the case (If no one wants to read my thread...).
http://forum.interference.com/t111170.html

The two really don't seem to be related at all. If TM has two different policies, how is it going to tell you which one applies to you? Where you live?

H said:

Hi mate

Top gig that was - I was 6th row centre - let me know if you want a copy on disc - no problem. :)

It was indeed. We were about halfway back. I also went down to opening night at Wembley which was something else. My brother did the whole "following the tour" thing including Rotterdam. Rich git!

Quick ticketing question, can anyone help??

I'm posting now out of total confusion....

If anyone knows the answer to this, I'll forever be in their debt!

I bought 2 reserved tickets in the pre-sale for the Glasgow gig. If there's a 2nd show announced, I'd like to buy 2 standing tickets for that.

But I'll be using the same card and the same address as for the 2 bought under pre-sale.

Is this allowed or will I be cast into the pits of hell by TM and U2 and lose all rights to all tickets?

According to tickemaster.com here in San Diego (usa) on the event page it says:

"Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. "

So, where does it say 4 tix total??? for north america anyways...

I don't think that applies here..

Re: Quick ticketing question, can anyone help??

ascender_RS said:
I'm posting now out of total confusion....

If anyone knows the answer to this, I'll forever be in their debt!

I bought 2 reserved tickets in the pre-sale for the Glasgow gig. If there's a 2nd show announced, I'd like to buy 2 standing tickets for that.

But I'll be using the same card and the same address as for the 2 bought under pre-sale.

Is this allowed or will I be cast into the pits of hell by TM and U2 and lose all rights to all tickets?

You would most likely get the least amount of worry if you didn't buy from Ticketmaster. What you suggest would be within what Ticketline are saying on their front page.

If this crap rule should apply anywhere it should have been America just because of them having Arenas and it being more difficult to get tickets. But Europe are having stadiums ffs and have this dam restriction!

it gets even better - different rules for the US and UK - who knows, potentially different again for the rest of Europe

SHAMEFUL

Question. So, is it REALLY different for North America. If I buy tickets to another show in america, say even in the third leg, is that allowed?

skjuls said:

Third leg doesn't matter!

I don't think it applies to North America:

According to tickemaster.com here in San Diego (usa) on the event page it says:

"Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).

Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card. "

thats a good point, you (lucky?) lot in America appear to be entitled to a good 16 tickets then...............:eyebrow:

I just spoke to a US Tickemaster representative and his manager. If you participated in the North American presale, you cannot buy *any* tickets in the general sale. This policy comes from the concert promoters, Clear Channel, not Ticketmaster. The representative was dumbfounded at the policy. They also said that because the presale was such a disaster, TM will probably be looking very closely at billing address/name/credit card matches, but they will only cancel the last order, not both orders. They didn't know if this policy holds true for the entire tour.

F..king unbelievable!!! We paid $40 for the opportunity to buy 2 crappy seats, which some of us didn't even get. People who participate in the general sale can buy four times as many seats as us! Yet another reason to hate Clear Channel.

I later got told by the manager of the same call center that you can purchase 6 tickets in the general sale if you already purchased 2 in the presale.

avivacat said:
I later got told by the manager of the same call center that you can purchase 6 tickets in the general sale if you already purchased 2 in the presale.

Does this relate to a single show (2 pre, 6 post, all for 1 gig) or the entire tour?

this is insane and something must be done before Saturday when tickets go on sale to the public. i bought 2 ga tix to San Diego on the presale. I need to buy 1 more for another friend, but now i can't. Also, I live in Northern California, so i am planning on going to the San Jose concert as well with my family and sister (who is 11 and is dying to see them). so u2's biggest and most devoted fans get screwed. i also want to go to the 3rd leg of the tour. this is absolutely insane, and if this policy was accepted by the band then FUCK THEM, i'm done kissing their greedy asses. :mad:

nuke126 said:
this is insane and something must be done before Saturday when tickets go on sale to the public. i bought 2 ga tix to San Diego on the presale. I need to buy 1 more for another friend, but now i can't. Also, I live in Northern California, so i am planning on going to the San Jose concert as well with my family and sister (who is 11 and is dying to see them). so u2's biggest and most devoted fans get screwed. i also want to go to the 3rd leg of the tour. this is absolutely insane, and if this policy was accepted by the band then FUCK THEM, i'm done kissing their greedy asses. :mad:

You got 2 GA for opening nite, and your complaining? Good lord.

Hey, I got 2 GAs for San Diego too, I'll see you in the lemon!!

And of course he's complaining, I'm complaining too. I wanted to bring 2 of my friends but now I can't??

I bet you all this is done by TM, so the scalpers(who I"m now sure work for TM) can make more money!!!

Absolute Horse Shit!!.... Has this EVER happened before, to ANY type of an event??

brejc said:
Hey, I got 2 GAs for San Diego too, I'll see you in the lemon!!

And of course he's complaining, I'm complaining too. I wanted to bring 2 of my friends but now I can't??

I bet you all this is done by TM, so the scalpers(who I"m now sure work for TM) can make more money!!!

Absolute Horse Shit!!.... Has this EVER happened before, to ANY type of an event??

You've got 2 GA tix and you're bitching as well? Wonderful.

The 8 ticket limit was for this leg (8 tickets total, not 8 for each venue). The TM reps didn't *think* that it covered the 3rd leg, but weren't sure. I kind of doubt it would -- I wonder if the rationale for European fans are getting limited to 4 tickets for the tour is because they only are getting one leg (currently, at least). Still sucks for them, though, and us.

Last edited:
i got 4 ga tickets for the san diego show (i had 2 different codes)...i was planing on geting ga's to boston, chicago, and new york but noooooooooo im only limited to 4 tickets...this sucks!!!

jk, i just love MrBrau1's reactions :lol:

u2warlp said:
i got 4 ga tickets for the san diego show (i had 2 different codes)...i was planing on geting ga's to boston, chicago, and new york but noooooooooo im only limited to 4 tickets...this sucks!!!

jk, i just love MrBrau1's reactions :lol:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom