MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rem does not suck.

saw them in november and the show ruled. i like their latest material more than their old stuff anyway.

i insist 'i wanted to be wrong' is one of the best songs i've ever heard.

I am actually begging it is not The Killers. I missed the Kings of Leon set by accident last time. I would try to miss the Killers' set ON PURPOSE.

I mean seriously, how can anyone think this band is good?! Ugh. You Killer's fans are a lost cause.

:wink: Ok, just kidding that last line.

If R.E.M. opened for the boys in Charlotte in December... wow I'd be in heaven. My 2 favorite bands in 1 show. But more realistically I'd like to see The Killers or The Arcade Fire. Or Billy Corgan's resurrected version of the Smashing Pumpkins:hmm:

I really hope its going to be the Killers, when I was in Chicago for the U2 concerts I also went to the Killers, Bono and his missus were there as was Paul McGuinness - I reckon he was there to talk business with the Killers and their management.

The Killers were great at Live 8, although it was obscene that they got 1 song and Mariah Carey was on stage for about 3 days - there really is no justice in the world, Mr Geldof.

PopFly said:
I'm not sure if the Hip opening for U2 in Canada is a good idea, since the Hip are so big up here that it would basically be a double bill. Also, while U2 fans hit a high while watching the concert, let's just say that a lot of Hip fans already arrive high, if you catch my drift.

It really is irrelevant at this point in time since tickets have already been sold (and bought up by U2 fans).

Otherwise, I'd say, no thanks. Hip fans are fucking insane, for the most part. I worked with one last year. He frightened me. :wink:

I'm hoping for The Arcade Fire in Toronto. What an awesome live band they are, I wish I could have seen them more than once when they were in town last.

Whoever they pick for the fall leg of the tour HAS to be better than Kings of Leon. I know some people really enjoyed them but not me!! (just an opinion) :mad: :wave:

Why not skip the opening band, just have U2 come out and play for 3 hours. Maybe do a whole acoustic set like Eddie Vedder did before a few Pearl Jam shows.

Well just looking at a lot of the acts from the 2nd leg...

Keane
Arcade Fire
The Bravery
Oasis (of course not on 2nd leg, but talked about)

All have conflicting dates...

The Killers
Snow Patrol
The Thrills
Franz Ferdinand
Razorlight
The Kaiser Chiefs

Do not...

Perhaps a process of elimination is a crap shoot. Of course, if it rotates, its anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Bloc Party
The Killers
Interpol
Doves
The Arcade Fire

any of those would be :drool: The Arcade Fire could play the first half of Wake Up and then the everyone's would start and the stage would go dark and U2 would come on!

as long as it's not Kings of Leon again. I liked their album alright, but live they had no stage presence. I tried to enjoy it but by the second song I was tired of them and desperate for U2 to come on.

U2, get a GOOD opening act, or don't have one at all. We could have The Dalton Brothers again :wink:

AtomicBono said:
The Arcade Fire could play the first half of Wake Up and then the everyone's would start

and a half an hour later, with everyone forgetting about it and going to the beer line...

Originally posted by AtomicBono
and the stage would go dark and U2 would come on!

shaky at best...I think the recording works a bit better. :wink:

Last edited:
The Killers
The Kaiser Chiefs
Arcade Fire
Franz Ferdinand
Snow Patrol
Keane

Any of those I would be very happy about. I have to agree with the person that said they'd almost be ashamed at how excited they'd be, if The Killers opened for them, considering they were going to see U2. I'd be thrilled lol

Ill be at the Charlotte show in December

Back
Top Bottom