MERGED-->3rd Leg Opening Act?+Third Leg Support?+ Jet to open third leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosleftone said:
It's going to be split between three bands, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and Oasis. Each will be playing a few dates.

This is the truth. I broke the Kings of Leon opening before it was even a rumor (check my past posts) and I got this straight from a crew member at the rehearsal yesterday.

Oasis? Even though I don't think I can get back to the US for the third leg, hallelujah, U2 finally has a decent band opening for them on this tour. I'm not really an Oasis fan but I enjoy their music when I hear it.

BLOC PARTY! more catchy than franz ferdinand and less boring than keane

or muse. because they fucking bring the rock.

bollox said:
BLOC PARTY! more catchy than franz ferdinand and less boring than keane

or muse. because they fucking bring the rock.

Muse would be an opening band worth seeing!

I've dug this topic up because I read a rumor on another site (velvet rope) that has me frightened and I need soothing...
The rumor is one of the bands opening for U2 on some shows of the 3rd leg is Sugar Ray in support of a greatest hits album.
:scream: :no: :scream: :no: :scream:
Something about distant relations and favors to band members...
Holy cripes, please, someone tell me it isn't so...
Lie to me if you have to...

bonosleftone said:
It's going to be split between three bands, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers and Oasis. Each will be playing a few dates.

This is the truth. I broke the Kings of Leon opening before it was even a rumor (check my past posts) and I got this straight from a crew member at the rehearsal yesterday.

Oasis? Aren't they doing their own headlining tour in the fall in the USA? It seems very un-Oasis to open for anybody...

My personal selection would be the Arcade Fire. That would be spec-fuckin-tacular.

knox said:

Oasis? Aren't they doing their own headlining tour in the fall in the USA? It seems very un-Oasis to open for anybody...

Oasis is headlining their own concert in June and September in North America, including a stop at MSG in June. http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/766720

Still, after what U2dork just said, I never thought I'd actually be praying for Liam and the boys. Surely McGrath can't get out of his Extra correspondent duties? :scream:

Dork -- I saw that too on Velvet Rope. On one hand, they can't be serious. On the other, the Rope is packed with industry insiders.

I would love Franz -- great live band. Anyone see the Killers live before? They looked a little blah when they did Saturday Night Live -- didn't know if that's normal for them.

Hmmm...I was wondering the same thing. You'd think there'd start to be some rumblings about it soon.

mikal said:
rumors have it that it will be the Scott Stapp solo project.

Honestly, don't even joke. There aren't many openers that would actually "take away" from the main act...but I think this would be one of them. Ugh.

On the other end of the spectrum, any of the Montreal bands would be an awesome opener.
-Arcade Fire
-Stars
-Broken Social Scene (saw them this past Sun in TO, AMAZING)
-Metric
-Captured by Robots (okay, maybe not this guy....but if you ever have opportunity to see him, it will definitely blow your mind)

god, if The Killers opened for the third leg, I'd honestly be ashamed of how excited I'd be, since I'm going to see U2...:shifty:

I also vote for Interpol and Arcade Fire :up:

The Killers
My Morning Jacket
Doves

All these bands don't really have anything scheduled for the fall:hmm:

As long as its not like the Rolling Stones who have Black Eye Peas opening a few shows. Whoever thought of this needs to be shot in the leg.

I'm not sure if the Hip opening for U2 in Canada is a good idea, since the Hip are so big up here that it would basically be a double bill. Also, while U2 fans hit a high while watching the concert, let's just say that a lot of Hip fans already arrive high, if you catch my drift.

There's always Oasis again, lol.

Noopie said:

Honestly, don't even joke. There aren't many openers that would actually "take away" from the main act...but I think this would be one of them. Ugh.

On the other end of the spectrum, any of the Montreal bands would be an awesome opener.
-Arcade Fire
-Stars
-Broken Social Scene (saw them this past Sun in TO, AMAZING)
-Metric
-Captured by Robots (okay, maybe not this guy....but if you ever have opportunity to see him, it will definitely blow your mind)

WOW. forget u2, give me any of those and we have an amazing show on its own!

but yeah, seriously, u2 has to get one of these that you mentioned...that'd be worth the price of admission in itself.

Back
Top Bottom