MERGED-->1, 2, 3,....15!!+The Story Behind 1,2,3,...15!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonozevolik

The Fly
1, 2, 3,....15!!

Last week, the guest Santi Millan of the spanish tv program "Buenafuente" went to Chicago to interview Bono. In that interview the guest gave Bono the HTDAAB as a present for his 45th birthday.

Later, Santi asked Bono why 1,2,3...14 and not 1,2,3,4. Then he said that Bruce Springsteen had told once that rock and roll wasn't only 1,2,3,4 stuff. Another detail is that a name for the early "Vertigo" was "Sopa de tiburon" (Shark soup), this seems to be real because Bono said that Edge had confirmed it to the spanish guest.

In the end of the interview, Bono said he was sicked of the "fourteen" and then, Santi Millan suggested him to say "quince" (15) instead of "catorce". That's why Bono says fifteen instead of fourteen in the forth Chicago show.

That's all folks, the interview has been broadcasted tonight.

www.todoU2.tk

The Story Behind 1,2,3,...15!!

It happened on the last chicago show ( 12-5-2005 ). Bono shouts 1,2,3,15 before Vertigo instead of 1,2,3,..14. Just a mistake?? Not.

One or two days before the show Bono was interviewed by an spanish interviewer. They were joking about why Bono says 14 and not 4 after 3. In spanish is uno, dos , tres cuatro ( one, two, three, four ). Bono laughing says that obviuosly he doesn't speak spanish.

When the interview is finished Bono asks to the interviewer for other number in spanish. The interviewer ( Santi Millán) answers him "quince" ( fifteen ) and Bono tells him that he will say that in the concert for him. And that's why Bono shouts 15 at the beginning of Vertigo.

Another thing, Bono reveals a secret to the interviewer. He says that Vertigo at the beginning was named "sopa de tiburón" ( shark's soup ).

PD: forgive me for my english :)

Last edited:
Video of 1,2,3,...15

In this link you can download the interview of "Buenafuente" where Bono is suggested to mention 1,2,3,...15 and he reveals "Sopa de Tiburón" as an early name for "Vertigo".

http://s49. .com/d.aspx?id=0QJ3H70GVER8X141JLAEC3CSBW

In the beggining of the video, the guest and the director of the program talk about the stay in Chicago. They explained that went to the concert through the backstage and saw all the guitar that Edge was going to use that night, and they also saw a glasses-shaped cake for Bono's birthday.

www.todoU2.tk

U2Spain said:

Actually, that wasn't directed at you, but rather the person who said "You better read before posting..." as if it were a threat.

haha, yes, "you better read before posting..." sounds like a threat, sorry U2spain :huh: it wasn't my intention

interview of "Buenafuente"

interview of "Buenafuente"

the link given does not work. Where can i get this interview????
i wanna seeee it!!!

:(

Back
Top Bottom