Membership Card might be used

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://www.atu2.com/

7:16 pm: Our crew is hearing tips from people that would know that your U2.com membership card will be used to determine the GA lines for all shows which did not have a presale.

If you're one of the many paid U2.com members who never got that card, we invite you to add your name to this list.

I never got the damn thing, this makes NO sense. If that's true this has taken a whole new level of ridiculosity (yes I made up a word)

I got all my tickets in a presale....I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten it yet. :shrug:

Last edited:
Ha! Now I really feel like bringing back that thread I started a while back about having a feeling that the card might be used to give some priority to U2.com in the GA lines...

Everyone made fun of me for that idea on that thread :shame:

all this really makes sense to me. there are going to be exceptions but on the whole these seem like fair provisions.

Well then, send me the fucking card already! It's only been 4 months!

it doesn't make sense at all, the other GA people obviously went about getting a GA ticket, that's b.s. for the card holders to get preferential treatment, if it's a lottery it should be a lottery, if it's a line it should be a line. one or the other, dammit.

update from atu2.com

[q]7:18 pm: None of our immediate crew gets into the ellipse. The process goes like this: Get checked by security. Get your ticket scanned. Enter the arena. Approach a table with a laptop computer. When it's your turn, your ticket gets scanned into the computer. If the screen changes from blue to red, you get into the ellipse and are given the wristband to do so. If not, you get the regular floor wristband.[/q]

Please... like everyone in San Diego tonight just happened to bring along their membership cards?!?! Highly unlikely.

KentK said:
Please... like everyone in San Diego tonight just happened to bring along their membership cards?!?! Highly unlikely.

This is only for shows where there wasn't a presale...there was a presale for San Diego.

Every time I read about membership cards I get pissed off. I never got mine. What's worse is that I even had to pay the $40 to become a member instead of $20 since I WAS a prop member that never got my code or whatever. And I dont have a special ticket that says FAN on it so I will be split apart from the people I am going with according to the rumors.

Blah :mad:

Here's the really stupid thing:

Let's say someone gets nothing at a presale.......but then gets GAs in the general sale..........they don't get to go into the fancy line because their tickets don't have "FAN" on them? :huh: Such a strange process they came up with.

Does this mean I have to call those bloody idiots AGAIN about getting no card? Because dealing with them on the phone is as fun as a root canal.

I used the contact form at U2.Com to inquire AGAIN about the membership card I never received. I think it was a waste of time as this was what popped up when I submitted the form:

Couldn't insert the info Thank you for contacting us, we will get back to you as soon as we can.

-U2.com

Geez!

anitram said:
Does this mean I have to call those bloody idiots AGAIN about getting no card? Because dealing with them on the phone is as fun as a root canal.

Well I just received a call that it's actiually a rectal exam that determines whether you get into the egg or not.

so right idea wrong end of the tract

Bono must have been watching the Mole. Remember when they'd answer the questions on that, and if the computer screen would turn red when the person had the most wrong answers, and they were eliminated.

This sounds fun. Sort of like having the secret decoder ring from a box of cereal.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
Bono must have been watching the Mole. Remember when they'd answer the questions on that, and if the computer screen would turn red when the person had the most wrong answers, and they were eliminated.

This sounds fun. Sort of like having the secret decoder ring from a box of cereal.

Thats exactly what I thought of when I read about it.

Back
Top Bottom