Melbourne 2 - Set List and Watch Party - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2006, 03:01 AM   #196
Babyface

Local Time: 12:30 AM
This was the best concert I've ever been at. We were standing directly in front of Adam the whole night - 3rd person from the fence. Having seen the show a number of times already, my mate and I just decided to watch Adam. So when there was action on the catwalks and everyone else had their back to the main stage We just kept watching Adam and waving at him. It would've been impossible to miss as we were the only people in a sea of people facing forwards!
Anyway we made him laugh a couple of times and at the end of the show I when they were playing an extra song after Kite (BAD), I was asking for 2 more throughout the whole song... was disappointed when I got the shake of the head...
Was pretty cool that both Adam and Bono noticed us.
Awesome concert.
They were fully into it the whole time...

Old 11-23-2006, 04:02 AM   #197
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Watson
This was the best concert I've ever been at. We were standing directly in front of Adam the whole night - 3rd person from the fence. Having seen the show a number of times already, my mate and I just decided to watch Adam. So when there was action on the catwalks and everyone else had their back to the main stage We just kept watching Adam and waving at him. It would've been impossible to miss as we were the only people in a sea of people facing forwards!
Anyway we made him laugh a couple of times and at the end of the show I when they were playing an extra song after Kite (BAD), I was asking for 2 more throughout the whole song... was disappointed when I got the shake of the head...
Awesome concert.
I must have been standing near you. I was on Adams side, 3 or so rows back, right in line with his cabs

Old 11-23-2006, 05:24 AM   #198
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Watson

Awesome concert.
Hey awesome story!

Good on ya for tryna get them to play more!
Old 11-23-2006, 05:26 AM   #199
The Fly

Adam is the forgotten man of the group but his bass was perfect in Melbourne and that is why they souded soooo goood.

Bono even said outside the Corner Hotel, it was one of their best concerts in years.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:39 AM   #200
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono in Melb

Bono even said outside the Corner Hotel, it was one of their best concerts in years.
Bono said that??!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:57 AM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Sounds as if Melbourne 2 was really the hit! I have seen some stuff on You Tube. But does anyone know where I can download the concert in mp3, because I have only seen Melbourne 1 and the other Australian concerts around here. I would so LOVE to hear the latest Melbourne show in a decent quality.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:00 AM
Talking to work mates about the gigs and suffering from concert amnesia, which song was it in the set that had the "walking man" on the screen? I think it was Sometimes but I'm
Old 11-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:30 AM
Yeah sometimes had the walking man.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #204
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:30 PM
I never forget Adam...

I deliberately stood near the catwalk (3 people back) on his side of the stage for Melb 1 (my first U2 show), and was wearing a t-shirt with a big bass clef on the front. I really should have worn it to Melb 2, as I got a lot closer to him when he came out to Edge's b-stage, and he might have noticed it then. *L*

Bass is the best! That guy with the guitar was pretty good too though.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:28 PM   #205
The Fly

Local Time: 07:30 AM
Adam came right by us to play Steets on Night 2 and it was fucking amazing. He even let some people touch the neck of the guitar.

Pride to Streets has to be the best song transition I've ever seen with people singing the "whoh oh oh oh" bits, and Streets with the African flags as the background fits the song perfectly.

Good to hear Bono said it was their best show in years. They've done some great shows in that time too. I just hope he doesn't get on the bar table and nearly spill my beers next time.

Great, great shows!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #206
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by wang_chung

I must have been standing near you. I was on Adams side, 3 or so rows back, right in line with his cabs

My mates and I must have been right in front of you or at least relly close by, cuz we were right in front of adam, however 2 rows of people from the front !
Old 12-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #207
The Fly

I was there U 2
Old 12-02-2006, 03:03 AM   #208
War Child

Local Time: 08:30 AM
Was an excellent show, probably the best I have been too although Cardiff was amazing too last year

it's either Cardiff or Melbourne 2 for sure.. for me that is
Old 12-03-2006, 03:06 AM   #209
The Fly

What this concert had over the American tour is that BOno was a lot loser with his chat between songs.

His comments had been refined over a number of concerts and the whole thing was a lot less forced and more flowing, like a real show.