Melbourne 1 - Set List and Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adrball

Refugee
Wow this place is heaving with people!

Anyways, took walk down earlier today in the hope of finding a ticket. Got one :drool: $199 A reserves still available at the ground for any of you locals.

Heard Electric Co. soundchecked :fingers crossed:

Got to go Have a great party!

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, play Electric Co. in HAWAII!!!

:dance:

perhaps that's because someone asked Dallas about it earlier and he soundchecked it? :shrug:

show is still about 6 hours away. I have an Aussie's number in case someone wants to receive texts, as I will not be awake for the whole thing - maybe just the beginning...

back later :wave:

I imagine Dallas would have done Electric Co., not the band. I hope that's wrong, but a thread on the setlist forum indicates that's probably what happened. :(

In any case, I'm in Melbourne now! :hyper: I have GA for tonight but by the looks of things, I won't get in the inner zone lining up now, so I'm going to relax, show up later, maybe miss Kanye, and enjoy the spectacle of the show and its big screen from up the back. It'll be interesting to get a different perspective on things anyway.

Have a great time at the show tonight, Axver and adrball!

How many shows on this leg have you seen thus far, Axver?
And which other ones will you be going too?

I'll be here tonight.

See you later, Lila!

:wave:

Miringeltje said:
Have a great time at the show tonight, Axver and adrball!

How many shows on this leg have you seen thus far, Axver?
And which other ones will you be going too?

Thanks! This is my fourth of seven shows - halfway!

Here's hoping for a surprise *cough*WITS*cough* tonight!

by the way... I just heard this from Maddy.

One of her best friends lives in Western Australia, and her Dad was a cameraman here in the states before they moved there a few years ago. We got an email stating he would be working in Melbourne Saturday night at a concert... Hmmmm.... Oh yeah, it's U2

Axver said:

Thanks! This is my fourth of seven shows - halfway!

Here's hoping for a surprise *cough*WITS*cough* tonight!

One more in Melbourne and then 2 in NZ?

We could very well never hear WITS live.

It'd be lovely but I think the most we'll get of WITS this leg is a snippet. I'd like to be wrong though! :wink: Do you know if there is going to be live audio? If so, then I will be up, if not then I'll be Zzzzzzzzzz...

:drool: :drool:

u2.jpg

Source: Flp on the Overclockers Australia forum http://forums.over #@#@ clockers.com.au/ #@#@ showthread.php?t=425808&page=16&pp=15

Photo taken by: See watermark on the image for original source

Last edited:
...just back from telstra...they soundchecked one tree hill 3 times! and walk on they also played a bit of something new and edge was playing they chords from all along the watchtower!!!!

oh yeah and it is being filmed, they had signs up saying so

reptile said:
...just back from telstra...they soundchecked one tree hill 3 times! and walk on they also played a bit of something new and edge was playing they chords from all along the watchtower!!!!

oh yeah and it is being filmed, they had signs up saying so

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Edit: According to zootopia, they also rehearsed WITS!

Last edited:
....just remembered they soundchecked original of the species also.......maybe the new thing i heard was WITS then? I havnt heard it yet so i couldnt tell. It was definately a new song i heard..:ohmy:

Wow - sounds very exciting! I won't be able to stay up for this though - too tired tonight. :yawn:

Have fun, setlist party people and all those at the concert! :D

are there any Aussies on tonight here for the setlist party? I have someone's mobile number and she said I could pass it on. I don't know if I'll make more than the first few songs of the show tonight. Doesn't look like zootopia has a broadcast. And I don't know if I dialed the right numbers to get the source in Australia :reject: I know the country code is 61, but I don't know if I'm missing a city code or if there's an extra '0' to leave out. She didn't tell me that! I sent a test message, so I'll wait and see...

Have a great time reptile!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom