Melbourne 1 - Set List and Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got in. Was a top show. I got there at 12:30 - got a spot in the front D section in the gap between the end of the two cat walks. Was insanely good!

By the way, the girl who was pulled in Stage - Menik - is a friend of mine form Uni. She's an RMIT Media student. And apparentally now a minor celebrity as she was leaving anyway.

I saw Hamish and Andy in the crowd too - Hamish had a stunning blonde on his arm.

hcbiggs2002 said:

What she actually picked him up?!? :ohmy: She must be a weight lifter or something! :wink: Lookforward to seeing pics of this!! :giggle:

I hope there are! I didn't get many pics...too busy texting and dancing and singing!

First she got a piggyback ride and then she picked him up! :lol:

Bono was really happy tonight I thought, and was a bit in awe of the crowd which were pretty pumped. Called us crazy something or others (couldn't hear it properly).

Any idea on the actual numbers there Axver? The place certainly was full

gr@cie said:

I'm still here :wave:

hay how ya doin?:wave:

am in this mad asian internet place next door to my hotel, full of older men (like myself) who should be tucked up in bed......i need some booze to take back so i can stay up and watch the english football...anybody got any ideas???

Lila64 said:
1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. New Years Day
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club (snippet) / Here Comes The Sun (snippet)
7. Stuck In A Moment
8. Angel Of Harlem
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo

Human Rights
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

ENCORE

17. The Fly
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You

20. Saints Are Coming
21. Desire
22. Kite

Woah, where you up for the entire show/party, L?
I was out after Elevation.
Up now to head to work.

Let's see what happens to the setlist tonight!
Last Australian show already.
Man, time is flying again.

gr@cie said:

I hope there are! I didn't get many pics...too busy texting and dancing and singing!

First she got a piggyback ride and then she picked him up! :lol:

Bono was really happy tonight I thought, and was a bit in awe of the crowd which were pretty pumped. Called us crazy something or others (couldn't hear it properly).

Yeah I read about the 'piggyback' but I wasn't sure what it was going on!!

And I can understand, that the singing and dancing along is far more important than anything else! :wink: But let's hope some one got some good pics of the 'pickup'!! :camera:

Interesting that Zoo Station was dropped and they didnt put Until The End Of The World in there before or after The Fly. I would guess Zoo Station and Until The End Of The World will appear tonight and maybe Walk On.

Great show! :up:

I couldn't get GA for this one so had a seat at the very top of the 3rd level almost directly opposite the stage. I must confess, I thought that after seeing the band in Adelaide from the closeness of GA the show just wouldn't be as exciting from the back of the stadium; but boy was I wrong! In fact I'm now very happy that I had an opportunity to get a full view of the actual show, the lighting, the screen, the crowd, etc. In Adelaide I was so concentrated on watching the band that I missed out on all of that. And now I'm in an even greater awe of Bono's skills as a frontman; even when he's the size of an ant and you can't even see the video screen that well, his presence and personality just fill the whole stadium, :bow:

My only real complaint is that most of the people in my section were sitting throughout the show! C'mon people, have you come to a bloody Enya concert or something?? Say what you want about Americans, but when I was at my Elevation concert in Phoenix Arizona the whole arena got up on their feet from the moment the band walked onstage, just as it should be! I was itching to get up and dance and groove but I just felt bad about blocking the view of people behind me especially since I'm taller than an average person. When the band played "Mysterious Ways" though I just couldn't contain myself and got up to dance and try some of the bellydance moves too, :)

gr@cie said:
Any idea on the actual numbers there Axver? The place certainly was full

I think it's about 60,000 both nights.

Question for those who have seen other shows: is it just me, or was the Telstra Dome much darker than other venues? It certainly felt like the house lights before (well, once it got dark) and after U2 weren't nearly as strong as in Brisbane and Sydney. I had a bit of trouble finding my way out, with my crappy vision!

It was an absolutely brilliant show. I was about a metre away from the walkway on Adam's side and had a ball. Streets was...mindblowing.
I think being in GA was good because sometimes when I looked around the seated areas I saw people sitting down. I know that this can be really annoying as the same thing happened to me at The Rolling Stones' show in Sydney. It was also good to be around people who were real fans (one guy had been to every Aussie tour apart from ZooTV!) and knew the words to I Will Follow and Kite.
So what do people think is going to happen with the filming? Was this just a test for later shows?

0,,5309096,00.jpg

Lila64 said:
I think closer to 9:00pm, which I believe is :yawn: 3:00am here.

Does anyone know what city gr@cie is in? Trying to find the city code - sending another test text, but to a different # this time...

adambk - are you here for the party - I have gr@cie's number, but I can't stay awake for the whole thang, and I don't know if I'm texting her correctly with the country codes & cities...

Sorry about all the stress re my number Lila. Glad it all worked OK.

Oh and thanks for staying to the end :)

You are a legend!

kennerado said:
Oh and to answer a question about filming, YES Richard Lowenstien filmed last night. Same guy that filmed the Sydney 89 shows.
Sweet! Can't wait to see the footage :)

Wow what a first U2 experience. I queued from 10am and got to the 2nd row of Edges walkway. It was so amazing and the photos I got, flukily ahve turned out amazing.

Ive got a couple here to post. Tell us what you think. Im gunna make a U2 site for these photos!

CIMG6789.jpg

CIMG6800.jpg

CIMG6869.jpg

Incidentally7 igf anyone has the email address of the girl pulled up on stage in the photo above, I would gladly send her more photos. This one is blurred and I got better but her facial expression is great in this.

Yeah they are all 7 megapixel photos-will organice them all and post em up soon

try and sort to today but have another U2 concert to go to and hopefully moire photos:)

Maybe U2s best ever concert and it will look fantastic on the film they were compiling.

I believe the uncut version of the film is already on U2torrents.

Axver said:

I think it's about 60,000 both nights.

Question for those who have seen other shows: is it just me, or was the Telstra Dome much darker than other venues? It certainly felt like the house lights before (well, once it got dark) and after U2 weren't nearly as strong as in Brisbane and Sydney. I had a bit of trouble finding my way out, with my crappy vision!

That is because the show was being filmed. They needed no extra light from outside which might stop the stage effects.

The movie will be distributed world wide by Christmas time so you will have something else to put in your stockings.

Bono in Melb said:

That is because the show was being filmed. They needed no extra light from outside which might stop the stage effects.

The movie will be distributed world wide by Christmas time so you will have something else to put in your stockings.

Yes, How do you know this?

and details please?

The filming last night in Melbourne was part of the 3D IMAX movie being made about U2.

Richard Lowernstein was directing the shooting.

A lot of shooting also took part in South America for the 3D movie.

I suppose after all U2 have done, 3D is the only place to go.

I can't wait to see the screens during Vertigo in 3D, it will freak everyone out.

That is what people don't understand.

At one stage even Bono looked up at the screen behind him and visably went Wow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom