Manchester II Verdict..... Much Better!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's simply ridiculous. I hope you turned to them and gave them a withering look, or said something. Quiet at a concert! HA! You want quiet, stay home and listen to a CD.

Dudette, I was at the back of the right 'B' stage, might have caught you in a few pics?

Drop me a PM and I'll send a few over to you.

*g*

chrissybaby said:

I thought nothing could eclipse by fave show (1st June 1992 Birmingham) but this did easily!

Better than ZooTV? :ohmy: :drool:

If U2 doesn't make a DVD in Europe I don't know what I'll do...

lcfcok said:
this is the best photo i have ever taken...

P6150038.jpg

Check all of them at http://photobucket.com/albums/b332/lcfcok/

That is indeedy a GREAT photo!

NIce.

rjhbonovox said:
It was a great show. Have to say the crowd really love the very old stuff and they get the best applause especially I will follow, New Years Day etc. My highlight though was a great version of The Fly. All this about Vertigo twice, I have to say the crowd goes bonkers when they play it again and when its in darkness the light show is superb.

Bit of a twat I am though cos I have just realised that I have bought a ladies t-shirt. What a nobhead! hehehehe

I'm sure it will suit you anyway. I totally agree about Vertigo twice.

BEVERLY56 said:

I would love to have a shirt from the European leg! If you care to sell for some American dollars!

Hi there. I was gonna put it on ebay uk. I would sell it to you for a £10 which is half what I paid for it. The only problem is what about sending it to the USA, how much would that cost. Also it has no tour dates on the back which I thought it would have, just a band picture on the front, I reckon they must have seen me coming and have thought he looks a nobhead lets sell him one of these duff ones hehehe.

Royal mail website says it costs about £8 to send or something like that.

my first U2 concert and what a great night!

we were in section 202 seating - most of the section was standing throughout I think (I don't know how people can actually sit down when the main event is on?!?)

It's much more fun if your stood up and getting involved

COBL, SYCMIOYO & WOWO were amazing for me and didn't it look good when we all had the mobiles phones lit

The second vertigo was great for the finish - the crowd seemed to absolutely love it

I wanna go again...

I watched the 1st half of the gig nearer the front although I got behind some guy who was 10ft tall, bastard! Anyway they certainly get into it more nearer the front, when I moved towards half way back they are far more reserved, "jolly good song" I heard one guy say, no not really that reserved, but not as excited as nearer the front. Had to move to the back cos I couldn't stand being behind the tall bloke anymore.

Also I thought Athlete were good, I loved the version of Wires, excellent song!:wink:

*biggreg* said:
Dudette, I was at the back of the right 'B' stage, might have caught you in a few pics?

Drop me a PM and I'll send a few over to you.

*g*

Tried to PM but says your not accepting them...!? So I emailed you...hope you get it. Would love to see your photos.

rjhbonovox said:

Hi there. I was gonna put it on ebay uk. I would sell it to you for a £10 which is half what I paid for it. The only problem is what about sending it to the USA, how much would that cost. Also it has no tour dates on the back which I thought it would have, just a band picture on the front, I reckon they must have seen me coming and have thought he looks a nobhead lets sell him one of these duff ones hehehe.

Royal mail website says it costs about £8 to send or something like that.

Thanks for reply. I guess if it has no dates on it then I probably would not buy it. List it on ebay and good luck.

BEVERLY56 said:

Thanks for reply. I guess if it has no dates on it then I probably would not buy it. List it on ebay and good luck.

Ok no problem, I reckon I was ripped off but then I bought it in the stadium so it must be genuine merchandise.:wink:

I thought the show was very average.
Fantastic stadium for a concert.
I was standing just outside the main pit.
Had a fine view of the main stage.
After seeing Zoo Tv,Popmart and the Elevation Tours I thought Vertigo is lacking.
The first problem was the sound ,which was very poor for the first 6 songs.
The bass,guitar and drums were too loud and not mixed properly with the result I could barely hear Bono singing.
The Led screen wasnt utilised until 50 minutes into the concert which is a pity.
The show picked up about halfway thru as it needed to.
When it got dark the show was excellent and Zoo Station and The Fly were superb.
The second half of the concert was very good but the first half was lacking.
Alot of people couldnt see what was happening on the B stages as they are too low ( 4 ft high) and far too short for a stadium venue.
The band also seemed to spend too long on the main stage and time has inevitably slowed them down.
Adam moved around alot but the Edge was very quiet and Bono seemed tired too.
Good show ,I'd give it 7/10 but nowhere as good as Zoo Tv or Popmart .

Last edited:
Fano said:
I thought the show was very average.
Fantastic stadium for a concert.
I was standing just outside the main pit.
Had a fine view of the main stage.
After seeing Zoo Tv,Popmart and the Elevation Tours I thought Vertigo is lacking.
The first problem was the sound ,which was very poor for the first 6 songs.
The bass,guitar and drums were too loud and not mixed properly with the result I could barely hear Bono singing.
The Led screen wasnt utilised until 50 minutes into the concert which is a pity.
The show picked up about halfway thru as it needed to.
When it got dark the show was excellent and Zoo Station and The Fly were superb.
The second half of the concert was very good but the first half was lacking.
Alot of people couldnt see what was happening on the B stages as they are too low ( 4 ft high) and far too short for a stadium venue.
The band also seemed to spend too long on the main stage and time has inevitably slowed them down.
Adam moved around alot but the Edge was very quiet and Bono seemed tired too.
Good show ,I'd give it 7/10 but nowhere as good as Zoo Tv or Popmart .

I would agree, but you have to remember that when U2 toured with Popmart 1997 and Zoo Tv 1993 they were near the end of August when it gets dark around 8.30pm and so you would see the full light effects, probably the timing of these outdoor shows would definetly of benefitted later in the summer. I also would agree with the sound quality, the best sounding concert I have ever been to was Popmart 1997 at Roundhay Park and Wembley, these were the best shows I have ever been to and the sound quality in Manchester was nowhere near as good. Zoo tv 1993 was not far behind and this Manchester show is down the list. But having said that a U2 show that is not one of THEIR best still pisses all over any other bands out there.

probably the timing of these outdoor shows would definetly of benefitted later in the summer
Yes that was a big factor.
I dont know why they didnt leave the Uk and Ireland concerts until last as we have the longest daylight on the tour.
Croke Park will be very poor lightwise as it will be bright until 10.20pm.

It was my first u2 concert and OMG! I was up near the front on the rite hand side of the stage up against teh barrier, totally loved it all! there was teh odd song i didnt know but i was prepared for that,
larry was on top form! yay! loved it so much im just wishing i was doing more than just that one night! but funding is low now!:huh:

[btw if anyone heard a YEEEASSSSSSS when athlete mentioned edinburgh it was me!]

rachie said:
It was my first u2 concert and OMG! I was up near the front on the rite hand side of the stage up against teh barrier, totally loved it all! there was teh odd song i didnt know but i was prepared for that,
larry was on top form! yay! loved it so much im just wishing i was doing more than just that one night! but funding is low now!:huh:

[btw if anyone heard a YEEEASSSSSSS when athlete mentioned edinburgh it was me!]

Yeah I heard that, and I wasn't near the front either!:wink:

Haha yeah I heard!

Anyone hear us shout "WE'RE GOING TO LIVVEEEE EEIGGHHT" (mainly my mate in her Scottish accent as she was louder). Bono looked over and smiled and he was at the mic on stage!

Back
Top Bottom