Manchester City 2 Liverpool 2... I mean part 2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
01. Vertigo
02. I Will Follow
03. Cry / The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. All I Want Is You
09. City Of Blinding Lights
10. Miracle Drug
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
12. Love And Peace Or Else
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. Bullet The Blue Sky / Please (snippet) / The Hands That Built America
15. Running To Stand Still
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Axver said:

What other tour has had a Bullet like this? It's a new version. And it's rather mounrful and excellent if you ask me.

I agree, though it's nothing compared to ZooTV and Popmart, it rivals Elevation...it's very eerie... I like the new spin on it :up:

Harbinger said:
The combination is from tonight, but I took "All I Want Is You" from the Slane DVD audio and "City of Blinding Lights" from the Brooklyn Bridge audio and mixed them together in one possible way they could go from one song to the next.

Wow, that sounds spectacular. Great job mate. :ohmy:

timothius said:

No, they've all been better. Yes, even Lovetoun.:wink:

Disagree.
Love the new Bullet versions. Their feel is completely different than any other version before. Bluesy guitar solo is very cool, the ending riff is very haunting. Unlike the Popmart and early Elevation versions, they carry a message.

Axver said:

It debuted on Elevation on 19 October 2001, the only full band version. It was then played acoustically for the rest of the leg.

Oh, if only I was there... that would been played on my Birthday (being the 20th in New Zealand). That blows.

Leetah said:

billekoek.gif

Me too!

Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs Crumbs

wait, wait, wait...
They snippeted Please?
Does that mean that we may hear the whole thing again someday?

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Mircale Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name

djerdap said:

Disagree.
Love the new Bullet versions. Their feel is completely different than any other version before. Bluesy guitar solo is very cool, the ending riff is very haunting. Unlike the Popmart and early Elevation versions, they carry a message.

The message is clear... Hands Built America & Johnny enjoys returning home whilst marching.

timothius said:

No, they've all been better. Yes, even Lovetoun.:wink:

1. ZooTV
2. Elevation
3. JT/Lovetown
3. Vertigo
4. Popmart

And Chizip, I wasn't saying new=improved, just that it was a new Bullet. I thought timothius was questioning that this Bullet was a new version but I now realise I misread his post.

Axver said:

It debuted on Elevation on 19 October 2001, the only full band version. It was then played acoustically for the rest of the leg.

man I would have loved to see that...acoustically?? :eyebrow: it could work but full band was sooooooo good, no reason to go acoustic...but I'd settle for ANY version of Please this tour, please, more than just a snippet!!

Predicting:
One-Zoo Station-The Fly-Mysterious Ways-All Because of You-Yahweh-Party Girl-Vertigo II

Bullets for me go like this:

1. ZooTV
2. Elevation with Mark Chapman
3. Vertigo
4. Popmart
5. Elevation without Mark Chapman
6. Joshua Tree/Lovetown

Axver said:

1. ZooTV
2. Elevation
3. JT/Lovetown
3. Vertigo
4. Popmart

And Chizip, I wasn't saying new=improved, just that it was a new Bullet. I thought timothius was questioning that this Bullet was a new version but I now realise I misread his post.

:ohmy: Popmart at the bottom? Have you HEARD the Popmart version lately?? :drool:

Prediction:
One

The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Bad/40

the snipetted please has been done a few times before

supposedly they were going to play a full band please in chicago but decided against it at the last minute

i thought for sure we'd see it on the eurigo leg, along with electrical storm, but so far no :sad:

theres still plenty of time on the eurigo leg for please, electrical storm and even crumbs to make their debuts. youll see them all im sure played sometime in europe

Chizip said:
the snipetted please has been done a few times before

supposedly they were going to play a full band please in chicago but decided against it at the last minute

i thought for sure we'd see it on the eurigo leg, along with electrical storm, but so far no :sad:

THEY WERE?!?!?! I was at Chicago :sad: Did they not realize I was there??? Surely if they realized I was there they would have played Please.

:bow: Please :bow:

AtomicBono said:

:ohmy: Popmart at the bottom? Have you HEARD the Popmart version lately?? :drool:

It was spectacular at the start, but I found it petered out at the end.

Chizip said:

Really? I so didn't hear that.

That means we may actually see it then, eventually. It took a while after WGRYWH was first rumoured to come around.

AtomicBono said:

"Crumbs!" is not an acceptable exclamation of surprise, unless it is an exclamation of surprise because the Irish rock group known as U2 played the song "Crumbs From Your Table" from their latest album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb."

:wink: Hahaha. Funny funny

Axver said:
Prediction:
One

The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Bad/40
if that happens then i will just cry that i never got tickets to this show rather than the first :(

Axver said:

It was spectacular at the start, but I found it petered out at the end.

Yep. Totally agree. Amazing opening(especially in a combo with Miami), but it just seemed to drag at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom