Major mystery regarding Anaheim 2 U2 show on U2.com...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bcrt2000 said:

"I stood in the crowd and waited for it to deminish because I really wanted to meet them personally. Maybe this was my mistake..and then I guess this is my fault but as the crowd got smaller, Bono seemed to be giving up autographs and ready to leave."

there was still a crowd there, so EVERYONE was waiting, but when Bono was ready to leave this girl asked for one more autograph, and i'm pretty sure from her perspective its like ONE more autograph is nothing, but there were probably 10 people who asked Bono for one more autograph when he was leaving, but the girl was too obsessed with getting her own to notice (if you notice she does mention Bono was turning down autographs for a while before she addressed Bono, but she didn't emphasize that)

its also very possible this was a long period after Bono finished giving autographs that she asked... I *really* doubt Bono would act that way if there were like only 10-20 people still there waiting for autographs and Bono was aware they were waiting

bcrt2000: is this a personal account of what happened? where you there? just curious... we were looking for someone who might have been there earlier.

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, yeah, that would be really funny!!

Wow, that made me laugh. Bono will probably think U2 fans are more nuts than he probably already thinks they are.

I'm actually thinking more and more that this fan ran into Fake Bono.:|

Well, we almost saw Fake Edge :wink:

This is ridiculous that people still believe her story at this point. So 20-30 fans meet U2 late at night at a park in Anaheim that no one has ever heard of and this is the only report of it that we see on the internet and oh by the way she forgot to mention this detail in the first post :banghead:

It is entertaining though :lol:

MattFromNYC said:

bcrt2000: is this a personal account of what happened? where you there? just curious... we were looking for someone who might have been there earlier.

no, i am just commenting on this person's account from what we all know. just seems a bit inconsistent and exaggerated.

Hey BAW! I also live right around the corner from the Pond. Maybe they went over to the Airplane park after the show. :lol:

trish0860 said:
Hey BAW! I also live right around the corner from the Pond. Maybe they went over to the Airplane park after the show. :lol:

:lmao:

Well, maybe Bono wanted to sit in the concrete airplaine :wink: :hmm:

And I wonder if this chick who didn't get an autograph was talking about Dee Field at Glover Stadium in La Palma Park? And if she was, I can't imagine U2 security letting them get out of their vehicles in that neighborhood late at night :yikes:

kellyahern said:
It seems kind of odd that she's the only one we've heard of so far who met the band after that show. I read a report on here of Bono driving away after the show and waving at fans (in a bathrobe no less :lol: ), but I haven't seen any other reports of people meeting him.

But so what, everyone has a bad day :shrug:

here we go, menoch's post:

http://forum.interference.com/t121654.html

I was also there, at the corner, I was actually the only one in the street, and the security guard was yelling at me to get on the sidewalk as the started to drive off. Bono never stopped, nor did any of the U2 members. Bono did have his window rolled down, and he waved at us, he was nice! The only way this chick met the band was if she followed them to there hotel, or something?? I also got to meet Bono after the San Diego opener, we waited 2 hours after the show, and Bono came out, and he had his daughter in his arms! That was cool!

I am embarrassed to have been a part of that thread...I don't believe a word of the story and things got nasty when the original poster returned to the thread with the "rest of the story".

It's partly my fault things did get out of hand. I don't believe the story, but I do believe Bono and U2 are perfectly capable of acting that way. I don't put them on a pedestal at all and they are not my idols or heroes or gods.

So, while the members are U2 are just 4 guys in a band that make music I happen to like a lot, I still don't like it when I think people post made up stuff to make Bono or any of them look bad. There have been plenty of incidents and stories since I've been a fan that ARE TRUE and do make someone in the band look bad. It's obvious they are human!

My post about Bono signing my lemon was a JOKE, and I didn't think the original poster was ever coming back since her story had been completely debunked by the police at the Zoo. Some people believed my story! That just made things worse, though.

Like I said, I wish I had never posted. If anyone here is also part of Zootopia and posted in that thread, I aplogize if I offended you. I was just playing along but then everything went too far.

Cheers to sanity at Interference and Zootopia!

macphisto23 said:

I was also there, at the corner, I was actually the only one in the street, and the security guard was yelling at me to get on the sidewalk as the started to drive off. Bono never stopped, nor did any of the U2 members. Bono did have his window rolled down, and he waved at us, he was nice! The only way this chick met the band was if she followed them to there hotel, or something?? I also got to meet Bono after the San Diego opener, we waited 2 hours after the show, and Bono came out, and he had his daughter in his arms! That was cool!

his daughter? in his arms? both his daughters are teenagers, except for his son, who.. i think is like 2 or something.
unless they had another baby recently. lol

theu2fly said:
An autograph is pointless, it's just writing of the name... doesn't mean anything in my opinion.

Same here. If I got lucky and met him, I'd try to take a picture. I don't see why people enjoy having someone's name written on a cd cover or photo........but to each his own....:wink:

macphisto23 said:
I also got to meet Bono after the San Diego opener, we waited 2 hours after the show, and Bono came out, and he had his daughter in his arms! That was cool!

Are you sure about that? I don't remember hearing about him having anything in his arms. Maybe you're thinking of someone else after SD 1 because it definately wasn't Bono. He came out and was swarmed by a bunch of people so he left pretty quickly, (I would have seem him if he hadn't rushed off due to the unruly crowd.)

In fact I've seen pictures of the encounter after SD 1 and he didn't have anything or anybody in his arms.

ramblin rose said:

Are you sure about that? I don't remember hearing about him having anything in his arms. Maybe you're thinking of someone else after SD 1 because it definately wasn't Bono. He came out and was swarmed by a bunch of people so he left pretty quickly, (I would have seem him if he hadn't rushed off due to the unruly crowd.)

In fact I've seen pictures of the encounter after SD 1 and he didn't have anything or anybody in his arms.

I think I did hear something that night about him carrying a little girl when he first came out :reject:

beLIEve said:

My post about Bono signing my lemon was a JOKE, and I didn't think the original poster was ever coming back since her story had been completely debunked by the police at the Zoo. Some people believed my story! That just made things worse, though.

I thought the lemon joke was funny :hug: I couldn't believe that other people believed it either!

ramblin rose said:

I believe what he was carrying was a sack of Irish potatoes, brought to the US as a show of good faith.

I'm sure of it. Then he autographed the spuds and chucked them into the crowd. It was a regular hoot.

kellyahern said:

I think I did hear something that night about him carrying a little girl when he first came out :reject:

Well, since we were together, I guess your memory is better than mine.:huh:

I met Bono only once, briefly on the last tour, and he couldn't have been any nicer. He didn't have time for autographs, and he told us so in a very nice way, chatted briefly, and left. But he had the driver stop the car so he could get out and thank us for coming and whatnot. I don't buy this girl's story AT ALL.

Hey, I swear this is true, I dont know if it was his daughter or who , but at first when he got out of the cadillac, he didnt have anybody in his arms, then he asked us how they did, everyone yelled that they did great. I told Bono that his music makes us better people, and he just said thanks, and then somebody asked him if he is going to Mexico, and he said that they would be going to Mexico, but not until later. Then he picked up a little girl(I thought he had a daughter), then he just sat there for awhile for pictures, and then he got back in the car and left. That is the honest truth, Im not making that up. The next night, they mustve left right after the show, because I snuck down behind the stage(if you dont believe that i can tell you how)I was down there looking for the band, but i tried to not look suspiciouis doing it, nobody even really paid attention to me, they were all to busy tearing down the stage. Anyways, i was down there and I looked in every single room, but couldnt find them, so I figured they were in some secret room. So I went outside through the loading dock pit, and I just sat there watching them tear down the stage, and bring it out. While I was out there, I also saw that Kings of Leon, were in there trailor, I was about to walk in but the bus driver closed the door, and said I couldnt go in. So the guy that sets up there guitars and stuff was out there smoking and talking on the cell phone, so I asked him if he could get me there autograph, and he told me to wait there. So i waited, and then this other guy that was with the band asked me if I wanted the bands autograph, and I said "yes please" so he got me there autograph, and he came out and I told him "he was the man". So then I just went back and watched them load the U2 stage into there trucks, for at least an hour hoping U2 would come out. I saw Dallas come out a couple times with the Edges guitars. I finally decided to go back in one more time and see if they were down there, and I couldnt find them, so I just decided to go, i had been down there fo 2 hours, and they werent there. So I went to the gate, and the guy opened the gate for me. There were about 20 U2 fans waiting there for U2, and I told them, that I snuck down there, and that I didnt think U2 was there, because I had searched the whole place. They all asked me how I got down there and stuff, it was pretty sweet!

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

:lmao:

Well, maybe Bono wanted to sit in the concrete airplaine :wink: :hmm:

And I wonder if this chick who didn't get an autograph was talking about Dee Field at Glover Stadium in La Palma Park? And if she was, I can't imagine U2 security letting them get out of their vehicles in that neighborhood late at night :yikes:

Yea, I don't think they were frolicking around THAT park. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom