Madison Square Garden T-shirt logo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's actually a very old logo, from the Outside Broadcast leg of Zoo TV. I've got a ball cap, t-shirt and baseball jersey with that logo. I'll see if I can find a way to scan it.

front:

msgfront.jpg

back:

msgback.jpg

I don't like that logo ... if I want to show my pride that I was at a U2 MSG show, people who don't know the logo have to stare too hard to know it's a U2 shirt. :(

But maybe I'm just too picky. :wink:

You can buy the shirts at U2.com, and for much less than I paid at the show (was $35 at MSG, is $19.95 on the site)

What I would love to see is high resolution pics of the t-shirt that The Edge wears in concert... they are awesome. Does anyone know if they are branded of if these were custom made by their designer for the tour?

corianderstem said:
I don't like that logo ... if I want to show my pride that I was at a U2 MSG show, people who don't know the logo have to stare too hard to know it's a U2 shirt. :(

But maybe I'm just too picky. :wink:

You are proud to have been at a concert ???
Lucky, yes, Thankfull, yes, .. but proud ?
If I wear U2 T-shirts, it's:
- first of all because I like the design;
- because they can help start a conversation. (for example with spanish people seing unos/dos/tres and wondering what the hell this should mean ???)

What I like most in the last U2 concerts T-shirts I bought, is precisely that "u2" is written nowhere.
Elevation: just the cool logo on the front side
Vertigo: Vertigo//05 and cities name, but no "U2".

If people don't know U2, I don't need to show them i was at the concert. I they know, they will recognize the T-shirt and that's sufficient.

tbird said:
You can buy the shirts at U2.com, and for much less than I paid at the show (was $35 at MSG, is $19.95 on the site)

yea... what the fuck is that about.

they do have XXL shirts online... so i'm ordering another one (only had XL at the arena)... but i'm a little peeved about the jack up in price at the arena vs. online.

Last edited:
TripThroughWire said:
You are proud to have been at a concert ???
Lucky, yes, Thankfull, yes, .. but proud ?

Why not? What's wrong with feeling proud to have been at a place/concert where people think it's a Really Big Deal?

Yes, grateful, too. But still, proud.

And I agree - it's a good conversation starter. I like buying a concert tee shirt and wearing it the next day, announcing to the world at large, "Look where I was last night!" I like getting to tell people about the experience.

corianderstem said:
Why not? What's wrong with feeling pround to have been at a place/concert where people think it's a Really Big Deal?

I just don't see the "merit", which could justify pride. :shrug:
And I have a problem with people going to a concert only because it's THE Big Deal where you had to be (in contrast to those who really go for the music) because they are :bump: the place that some others would have occupied for better reasons.

Don't take me wrong, it's not aimed at you, who as an interferencer probably don't go for something else than U2, but am I the only one who cares about this semantic matter ?:confused:

Gotcha. No, I definitely don't mean to imply "merit."

"Proud" was likely the wrong word to use. Maybe it's more like, "Look where I was! I went all the way from Seattle to New York to see U2! And it was awesome ... ask me all about it!" :wink:

I have a hat from the ZOO TV tour.

Same logo.

Funny how some things change, but some stay the same...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what i want to know is why someone who wasn't at any of the concerts would want to buy this shirt... to pretend that you were? i don't get it.

I don't. I have been looking for a logo to put on my backwindow but couldn't find any I liked enough to put on my car. I saw that t-shirt on U2.com and liked it. So I am going to take it to the mall and have a vinyl decal made. Thanks for posting the logo.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yea... what the fuck is that about.

they do have XXL shirts online... so i'm ordering another one (only had XL at the arena)... but i'm a little peeved about the jack up in price at the arena vs. online.

Didn't the NYC shirts go on sale at U2.com after the NYC dates were all finished though? Not that it matters, but that's the only reasoning I could come up with.

I hope Boston also got its own t-shirt since it had as many dates too.

tbird said:

What I would love to see is high resolution pics of the t-shirt that The Edge wears in concert... they are awesome. Does anyone know if they are branded of if these were custom made by their designer for the tour?

do a search on ebay for 'edun tshirts'...

HelloAngel said:

Didn't the NYC shirts go on sale at U2.com after the NYC dates were all finished though? Not that it matters, but that's the only reasoning I could come up with.

I hope Boston also got its own t-shirt since it had as many dates too.

I think you're right about that.

Yeah....no shirts for Boston, though. Maybe they figure more people are likely to buy it in NYC (out of towners, more travelling there to see the show?). Too bad, that'd have rocked. I'm just glad to have gotten a NYC one- I like the specialized ones, like the one that said "First show".

:| they definately went for sale after.... I wanted to buy my dad one for Xmas. Didn't think of it until after the show, and I couldnt find them online anywhere... until now. :s A little too late. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom