Luciano Pavarotti to guest in Milan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Is Luciano Pavarotti going to joining the band in Milan for Ms. Sarajevo? I've been thinking the last few days that he does and I would love to see it happen.

1. He is getting ready to retire. According to his website, he is only scheduled to perform for six more dates. What a nice tribute to have him sing at the concert.

2. He is available on the Milan dates.

3. They're playing and shooting the dvd in Milan, Italy. It would be a bit of a slap in the face not to have him guest.

4. He sang on the original recording but has he sang with the entire band live?

5. Bono's love of opera...nice for him to be singing it but he's no Pavarotti.

6. It would be yet another nice tribute to Bob Hewson.

I'd like to see it happen.:drool: :drool: :drool:

i hope not...dont get me wrong..luciano is great...but after listening to bono hit those notes in amsterdam there is no need to bring in pavarotti for the milan shows...lets just cross our fingers the we get miss sarajevo on the supposed euro dvd

I can see it, but personally, I want Bono to sing it. He sounds so incredible in Amsterdam.

I fine with it either way...I enjoy Bono singing it but it would be a nice tribute. Also, it would be good for Europe and a great introduction for the majority of the audience who might not otherwise listen to Pavarotti.

It is very un-U2 to do something like inviting special guests just for a DVD shoot... U2 don't want to give people the idea that they've done something special just for the DVD... The DVD's are normally 'just another gig from the tour' as this one will be too...

But it wouldn't make sense... Bono WANTED to do the opera part himself (as a tribute to his father?)... He nailed it in Amsterdam.. So why let Pavarotti come do it?

In a way I could see it coming, in a way not.....I don't think Pavarotti would ever go on stage anywhere with only 4 rock'n'roll guys (and 3 instruments) as backing group....not even our boys.....

What would have been a good idea is to let Pavarotti do his bit on video... Like Lou Reed with Satelite of Love...

Neilz said:
What would have been a good idea is to let Pavarotti do his bit on video... Like Lou Reed with Satelite of Love...

Isnt that what they did on the performence in Sarajevo in 97? I only have the audio bootleg, so I cant tell...but I did think that it sounded a little....off! Amsterdam's was certainly better imo.

Aardvark747 said:

Isnt that what they did on the performence in Sarajevo in 97? I only have the audio bootleg, so I cant tell...but I did think that it sounded a little....off! Amsterdam's was certainly better imo.
In Sarajevo Brian Eno also sang... That was a onetimer of course...

I must say, I remember a TV special during Elevation Tour once where Bono was in the backseat of a limo with Edge and 2 lady's... In the car he also did the Pavarotti part (only in a sarcastic way of course)...

I think Bono now is interested in opera more because of his father... He also did the Hands That Build America thing and I get the feeling he even sings opera in his spare time :wink:

Neilz said:

I must say, I remember a TV special during Elevation Tour once where Bono was in the backseat of a limo with Edge and 2 lady's... In the car he also did the Pavarotti part (only in a sarcastic way of course)...

I have that documentary on the best of 90-2k DVD, I think it was Bono, Edge, and the actual Miss Sarajevo girl in the limo going to the Sarajevo gig in '97

unless i'm just mentioning another one, and I'm just acting like an arrogant mofo...:reject:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I have that documentary on the best of 90-2k DVD, I think it was Bono, Edge, and the actual Miss Sarajevo girl in the limo going to the Sarajevo gig in '97

unless i'm just mentioning another one, and I'm just acting like an arrogant mofo...:reject:

yea iv seen that too. i think u'r right.......it's too similar to be a coincidence

They should play it twice, once with Bono singing the aria and once with Pavarotti. We'd have a dozen whiny "Miss Sarajevox2" threads in the tour forum, but it'd be worth it.

typhoon said:
They should play it twice, once with Bono singing the aria and once with Pavarotti. We'd have a dozen whiny "Miss Sarajevox2" threads in the tour forum, but it'd be worth it.

hihi

I have found this in U2place:

"Alcune indiscrezioni riferiscono che gli U2 avrebbero preparato per i concerti di Milano una grossa sorpresa per tutti i fans italiani, da tutti riconosciuti come i più caldi al mondo. Si tratterebbe di qualcosa non ancora visto in nessun stadio europeo."

Due to this report the band is preparing a surprise for the italian audience. Something that has never seen in an european stadium.

Pavarotti to join the stage for Miss Sarajevo?????

Aardvark747 said:

I have seen the Sarajevo perfromance in 1997 and is not exactly as Lou Reed on Zootv. The pavarotti's verses are playback and on the screen there are some images of Pavarotti in slow motion ( not just singing ).

This will be the surprise

San Siro, un DVD e un’orchestra italiana per gli U2

Gli U2 stanno per sbarcare in Italia, e si preannunciano parecchie sorprese per i fan italiani che attendono il gruppo nelle date milanesi di San Siro (20 e 21 luglio) e Roma (23 luglio).
La prima è una notizia che circolava ufficiosamente in rete nei giorni scorsi, ed è stata confermata oggi dalla Universal: le due date milanesi saranno filmate da 26 telecamere, guidate da Ned O’Hanlon e Hamish Hamilton, rispettivamente già produttore e regista del DVD allegato a “How to dismantle an atomic bomb” e del live allo Slane Castle di Dublino girato durante il tour precedente; destinazione un probabile DVD, ancora da confermare. Oltre a San Siro sono già state riprese le date di Chicago e Dublino. “Il motivo per cui filmiamo a Milano è triplice”, ha spiegato oggi Jake Berry – direttore di produzione del tour - ai giornalisti portati a vistare l’allestimento del mastodontico palco: “primo, ci sono due concerti nello stesso posto; secondo, questo stadio è uno dei più belli del mondo; terzo, ovviamente il pubblico italiano è tra i più caldi. Speriamo che queste tre cose messe assieme permettano delle riprese speciali”.
Per rendere ancora più speciale il concerto sono state aumentate le dimensioni del palco, allungato da 68 metri a 90, e l’illuminazione. Ma, soprattutto, gli U2 avrebbero convocato all’ultimo momento per la data milanese una sezione d’archi italiana, proveniente dall’Orchestra Sinfonica del teatro Carlo Coccia di Novara. Con i 20 elementi gli U2 dovrebbero provare domani al soundcheck “Original of the species”, brano dell’ultimo disco avente proprio gli archi nella versione originale.
Oggi è stata annunciata dal promoter Clear Channel la vendita di un altro migliaio di biglietti, resa possibile dal completamento dei lavori di allestimento del palco, che ha liberato due aree fino ad ora inibite al pubblico. L’apertura dei cancelli è prevista per le 15 (ma alcune persone erano già in coda oggi pomeriggio), e prima degli U2 si esibiranno Ash e Feeder. Gli U2 dovrebbero salire sul palco alle 21 circa, e suonare per più o meno 2 ore e un quarto

guill said:
This will be the surprise

San Siro, un DVD e un’orchestra italiana per gli U2

Gli U2 stanno per sbarcare in Italia, e si preannunciano parecchie sorprese per i fan italiani che attendono il gruppo nelle date milanesi di San Siro (20 e 21 luglio) e Roma (23 luglio).
La prima è una notizia che circolava ufficiosamente in rete nei giorni scorsi, ed è stata confermata oggi dalla Universal: le due date milanesi saranno filmate da 26 telecamere, guidate da Ned O’Hanlon e Hamish Hamilton, rispettivamente già produttore e regista del DVD allegato a “How to dismantle an atomic bomb” e del live allo Slane Castle di Dublino girato durante il tour precedente; destinazione un probabile DVD, ancora da confermare. Oltre a San Siro sono già state riprese le date di Chicago e Dublino. “Il motivo per cui filmiamo a Milano è triplice”, ha spiegato oggi Jake Berry – direttore di produzione del tour - ai giornalisti portati a vistare l’allestimento del mastodontico palco: “primo, ci sono due concerti nello stesso posto; secondo, questo stadio è uno dei più belli del mondo; terzo, ovviamente il pubblico italiano è tra i più caldi. Speriamo che queste tre cose messe assieme permettano delle riprese speciali”.
Per rendere ancora più speciale il concerto sono state aumentate le dimensioni del palco, allungato da 68 metri a 90, e l’illuminazione. Ma, soprattutto, gli U2 avrebbero convocato all’ultimo momento per la data milanese una sezione d’archi italiana, proveniente dall’Orchestra Sinfonica del teatro Carlo Coccia di Novara. Con i 20 elementi gli U2 dovrebbero provare domani al soundcheck “Original of the species”, brano dell’ultimo disco avente proprio gli archi nella versione originale.
Oggi è stata annunciata dal promoter Clear Channel la vendita di un altro migliaio di biglietti, resa possibile dal completamento dei lavori di allestimento del palco, che ha liberato due aree fino ad ora inibite al pubblico. L’apertura dei cancelli è prevista per le 15 (ma alcune persone erano già in coda oggi pomeriggio), e prima degli U2 si esibiranno Ash e Feeder. Gli U2 dovrebbero salire sul palco alle 21 circa, e suonare per più o meno 2 ore e un quarto

Ummmm.....:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom