Los Angeles Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fantastic show last night. Got in the ellipse again!

Axver, you can add Rock N Roll ****** snippet to Vertigo and Black Hills Of Dakota to Sometimes to help make the setlist more accurate.

I still take issue with Ol' Man River not being counted as a separate song, as One had completely stopped and Bono talked awhile about relief for the Gulf area, before they started playing Ol' Man River. It was not at all linked to One.

For Happy Birthday, Bono only sang the first couple words over the mic, then let the crowd finish the song.

Those girls were awesome. I think of the 15 shows I've been to (since 1992), that was one of the cooler things I've ever seen happen at a U2 show!

I think time wise, that was the longest ever U2 show I have been to. I clocked it at 2 hours 20 minutes, not including the Arcade Fire intro. I have seen some run around 2 hours 10 minutes, but not as long as last night.

For tonight, I'm hoping MLK replaces Ol' Man River, Walk On for The First Time, Who's Gonna Ride for Stuck, Crumbs and Bad in the second encore (ideally Original of the Species as well, in for All Because) and The Ocean out for I Will Follow or Gloria. It would be nice also to get a full band Out Of Control in the #5 slot.

I just got back.

The show was amazing!! The band looked like they were having so much fun. Larry was very entertaining at the end

putting on the cowboy hat saying "thanks for coming to my birthday party'
Leave the presents at the door"
I'd like to thank Bono adam and the edge for being in my backing band"

I saw Lila before I headed home today. She was in the low 60's they will surely get into the ellipse. By the way Maddie is adorable I'm hoping if they pull up a little girl it will be her!

I was 48 got there at 5 am. yesterday and had a great spot in the ellipse but even with a number that low I barely got the rail!

Damien Marley was actually pretty good suprisingly at least you can dance to it. I got a picture taken with the flag guy who was very sweet. Also got someones drumstick but I doubt it was Larrys :shrug:

Bono by the way didn't leave till after 2am last night yes I was there. His voice sounded awful at that point (though it was great for the show) He said he had to go straight home due to his two problems 1:the misses 2: his voice

redkat said:
I just got back.

The show was amazing!! The band looked like they were having so much fun. Larry was very entertaining at the end

I saw Lila before I headed home today. She was in the low 60's they will surely get into the ellipse. By the way Maddie is adorable I'm hoping if they pull up a little girl it will be her!

I was 48 got there at 5 am. yesterday and had a great spot in the ellipse but even with a number that low I barely got the rail!

Damien Marley was actually pretty good suprisingly at least you can dance to it. I got a picture taken with the flag guy who was very sweet. Also got someones drumstick but I doubt it was Larrys :shrug:

Bono by the way didn't leave till after 2am last night yes I was there. His voice sounded awful at that point (though it was great for the show) He said he had to go straight home due to his two problems 1:the misses 2: his voice

:lol: about the backup band

sounds like you had a great time :D

redkat said:
I just got back.

well come on, spill, you must know why he didnt leave until 2am :p

redkat said:
I just got back.

Hi Redkat!

:wave:

I'll ditto what TRE and U2Man said.

Larry seems to have been in a great mood yesterday!
:lol:

And :hyper: :hyper: for Lila and Maddy!!!
Great to hear that changes of making it into the ellipse are looking good thus far.
Also rooting for Maddy to get pulled up onstage.
If that happens, I'm gonna :combust: from joy!!!

Chrisedge said:
Great show last night! Thanks to all that tried to get me tickets, I ended up in the front row right next to the stage. (Ticket drop!)

did you get your 'equipment' in... (ahem)... :wink:

redkat said:
Larry was very entertaining at the end putting on the cowboy hat saying "thanks for coming to my birthday party' Leave the presents at the door"
:lmao: :larry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom