Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*Ally* said:
i do like how bono said he's gonna devote the rest of his life to ending extreme poverty in Africa... but this also makes me wonder if maybe he'll be retiring from music to dedicate himself to the cause... :huh:

Doubt it. The live concerts are probably his best path for promoting the cause to the general public.

This being the second of a two-night stand, I expect the setlist to be somewhat, though not drastically, altered from last night's setlist.

Stingray said:
Man, i didn't think I'd post here as much as other message boards...

I find it amusing how my post count seems to go up by at least eighty with each party thread.

Axver said:

Doubt it. The live concerts are probably his best path for promoting the cause to the general public.

True! plus, i think bono kinda needs 15,000 people screaming for him every other night... ;)

i think he'll win the Nobel Peace prize someday. :up:

I'm getting drunk too, first time in a while, so it shold be interesting. Hopefully I won't start bitching that they didnt play Elvis Presley and America ;)

*Ally* said:

True! plus, i think bono kinda needs 15,000 people screaming for him every other night... ;)

i think he'll win the Nobel Peace prize someday. :up:

One has to wonder how he copes with these long gaps between tours, heh.

He damn well deserves to win it!

Stingray said:
Fuck, I'd kill to hear Ultraviolet or Acrobat

Yeah, actually a few days ago in the shower, I was thinking of how everyone says it would be impossible for U2 to play a full-out version of Acrobat live. Well, I think I imagined them playing Acrobat how they would play it if they did it live, and it was amazing. The sheer power of the drums to open the song, and a powerful bassline throughout the song..I think there was a backing track for Edge's guitar, just so he could have the freedom to concentrate on the distortion effects.

Axver said:

One has to wonder how he copes with these long gaps between tours, heh.

i know! poor ali... there's a quote in i believe the Flanagan book, about how after a tour Bono jumps up on the kitchen table every night 'round 9 pm... ;)

6 mins to showtime, and still have not finished paper!! :ohmy:

erichoulihan text message #1:

KOL are obviously done, house lights are on with the intro music playing.

RademR said:

Bring on COBL ...!

RademR said:

woohooo!!! so at least we know erichoulihan's not gonna drink too many beers and let us down! erichoulihan ROCKS, :rockon:

5 minutes and counting ....unless its already started i haven't checked the previous pages :reject::wink:

Stingray said:
I'm drinking tea so I guess I'm no fun....

I'm not drinking anything, though if I were, it'd be water or lemonade, so I'm even less fun.

namkcuR said:
$50 says they open with 'Red Light', thus causing Axver to have a siezure. :wink:

:lmao:

And Bono's daughters do the "dah dah dah" bit just like I predicted in a set last month?

Back
Top Bottom